CBE Groupscam

I received a letter (second time in one year) about an overdue amount on an eBay account #[protected]. I do not have a eBay account. CS#21-[protected]. It states "unless you notify us in 30 days, this office will assume this debt is valid." The [protected] number is just an answering front that gives you the runaround, and can never get you to a supervisor. After several attempts to transfer to a supervisor, the line would go dead.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Cedar Falls, IATheir address is a P.O. Box, which should sound some alarm bells. The payment portion, that wants your credit card info, is a poor attempt of a photocopy. I notified the local sheriff's office fraud division, they referred me to the better business bureau, they referred me to the BBB in Iowa; nothing happened there either as it was a P.O. box. Somebody has to do something. Florida has some very strict elderly laws, but that went no where either. Don't fall for this SCAM!

St
May 01, 2017

Comments

• Sm
      Mar 21, 2018

I have an account in their collections and told them I am a commission based employee... I get paid once a month on the 23rd.. told them I could take care if it then and I was trying to get an equity loan to pay off some things and refi my home..2 days before I could make the payment, they hit my credit report again!! lowering my score by 24 points... screwing my chances of getting ahead.
    Shame on you cbe... I made arrangements and you screwed me!!