Posted:

scam

4.1
Florida
cash4gold.com
IT'S A SCAM!!! I gathered all my old gold jewlery, 13 pieces. Mailed them in a envelope that i was told was insured. Two days later i found all this negative information on the internet about cash 4 gold. Four weeks later i was living the nightmare stories i read on the internet. The package i was told was insured, it was but only for $100, i had over $2000 worth of jewlery in that package. Like many of the stories on the net my package came up missing and the company wanted to instantly send me my $100 insurance claim. They told me they would intiate an investigation with the United Postal Service. Two weeks later i found out they didn't, so I did. I was told by my local postal service to contact thePostal Inspector who informed me that my missing package to this company is one of SEVERAL just from my state alone. The larger valued packages are being stolen. an investigation is on going. So for over $2000.00 worth of jewelry i am going to end up with $100. After all the complaints and negative info i have uncovered about this company, i don't understand how they they have not been investigated and shut down.
Complaint comments Comments (206)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Other

Comments

N  9th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes

Cash 4 Gold - Rip-off!
1701 Blount Rd
Pompano Beach
Florida
cash4gold.com

I sent in over $1, 000 worth of jewelry and they told me they never received it and submitted it for an insurance claim for $40.02. They say their envelopes are insured. Who is to say that they didn't actually receive it and are paying their customers below the value of what it is really worth.
A  1st of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
They claimed that they never received my scrap gold, which was probably worth no more than $100, but I still feel like a fool. I admit that I had some reservations about using their postage-paid envelope, which is not traceable, but I trusted them. After all, they advertised on TV on respected networks. Now it's my word against theirs and I have no proof. Perfect little scam, isn't it? The loss of money is nothing compared to how I feel - I knew better!
D  11th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
HA! Ha! I just got my check a whole $1.10 what a rip off. I am not doing that no more.
N  27th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
For several reasons this information has been removed
A  28th of Oct, 2008 by    +1 Votes
Wow!!! I pretty much figured the whole thing was a scam anyways. Now that I've heard it from a former employee, I know for sure not to call em!!! NICEY NICE
A  5th of Nov, 2008 by    +1 Votes
I kinda figured it was a scam. Really, some refinery offering "Top Dollar" for your broken or unwanted jewelry? Give me a freakin break!
A  10th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I received a check from Cash 4 Gold that was very low in value to the items I sent to them. I phoned and emailed customer service and told them I was not pleased with the check and asked to send my items back to me. At this point I told them I was contacting the Better Business Bureau regarding their ads beinng untruthful. I then got a call from them to call them back and I did tell them I did contact the BBB and wanted my jewelery back. The BBB contacted them but it took Cash 4 Gold a long time to respond and did not respond to the final response requested by the BBB. BBB closed the case but Cash 4 Gold has this on their record.
N  12th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
Thanks so much for the information. I felt in my gut there was something wrong here, but like a fool I was going to go ahead with it. Of course I'm certainly not going through with it now. Especially when it comes straight from the horse's mouth, (if ya know what I mean). It sure makes things alot easier when there are honest people to come forward! Thanks Again!
N  21st of Nov, 2008 by    +1 Votes
personally i think this cash 4 gold crap is for stupid tweekers, crack heads, an any other wack job coming across a stolen watch or something they cant trade for dope, an im sure they dont have any clue what the real value of the jewelery is worth so 4 or 5 buck to them they be living rich
A  29th of Nov, 2008 by    -1 Votes
Is any of this really a surprise to anyone?? Geez...
A  1st of Dec, 2008 by    -2 Votes
Why would anyone trust a company to mail their jewelry to? Why not just go to a pawn shop???... If you fell for that ...You deserve to get scammed!
A  1st of Dec, 2008 by    +1 Votes
Thank you, to the former employee who had the dignity to write post this on line. Today, I was going to mail very valuable pieces of jewelry to these scam artist! However it felt like it was just to good to be true. May their go to the toilet!
A  2nd of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes
IT'S NOT LEGAL FOR ANYONE TO SHIP THEIR GOLD.

CASH FOR GOLD IS A SCAM AND WE REPORTED THEM TO OUR LOCAL POLICE DEPARTMENT.

BY LAW A CUSTOMER HAS TO COME TO YOU AND HAS TO BE THUMB PRINTED.

NO MAILING GOLD WE HAVE CONTACTED THE DEPARTMENT OF JUTICE.
ABOUT CASH 4 GOLD ALSO.

the return of all Items sent in to them Valuable as well as the Non Valueable
items.
I am Very Dissatisfied with the amount Offered For 14.80
pennyweight's of valuables. The Offer being less then 10% current
London Gold fixed the day the check was issued.

I received the check #59030 offering $63.34 for a total of 14.80 dwt of
Gold Issued 12-10-2008 on 12-12-2008. I intern have sent the offer check
back to Cash4Gold.com Via Next Day Express USPS with Delivery Confirmation on
12-12-2008 at 2:00pm So you will Receive it By 12:00n 12-13-2004. The
tracking #EB589238937US is available if you would also like to track the Return
of the inadequate check offered Me. Sincerely John

This is the exact Email I sent to Cash4Gold.com after I called the 800## to complain and was offered an extra 40$. So Basicaly they wanted me to take 100.00 for 3/4 of an ounce of Gold . By the way at the time they issued the check the London Fixed was 826.50 per Troy ounce. They also Undergraded the Gold
A  18th of Dec, 2008 by    +1 Votes
Cash 4 Gold ripped me off! I wish I had done something when I had the chance. The small check they sent me was a joke! Everytime I see that commercial on TV it makes me sick!
D  21st of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes
My husband sent my ring of 14k and earrings which were probably worth no more than $150, we were waiting for the check, when i received I was happy lol but when i saw the check i got mad because they sent us just $10.58, they are crooks i still mad.
N  26th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes
Cash 4 gold promises you they send you a great insured envelope to send your valuable products to them in and so you do but then if they supposedly don't make it 10+ days later you have to make a claim with the U.S. MAIL then call them back with the claim # then they will think about doing something about it.I would suggest everyone do there homework before mailing there jewelry to these guys or anyone else seems to me through light investigation they are out to scam people however possible. I mailed out 1 pound of broken and unwanted jewelry and now have nothing and to add i mailed it 13 days ago.this is quiet a great gift for them extremely disappointing to me but you live and learn.I hope I help someone.
N  31st of Dec, 2008 by    -1 Votes
"Today, I was going to mail very valuable pieces of jewelry to these scam artist!"

OK, what if I said: "Today, I was going to pay a stranger on the street 100 dollars to go and buy me some CD's, and I'd meet him back on the street corner in 2 hours." Does ANYONE think that is STUPID?

As much as these kinds of "businesses" are absolutely SCAMS, we as COMMON SENSE people need to stop giving them our money. We need to stop NOT reading the fine print. Of COURSE they are scams! Stop believeing that somewhere out there these "too good to be true" opportunities will pan out. THEY DON'T. You must stick with established, credible companies, with the firm back up and solid integrity of Amazon, Ebay etc.

CAVEAT EMPTOR
A  3rd of Jan, 2009 by    -1 Votes
I had a feeling that this company was a scam. Now to hear it from an former employee; this confirms my suspicion. My son previously told me not to send in my jewelry because he had heard that they didn't pay you the value of your merchandise. I sent them many items and I know for sure that this one watch was worth more than the $9 check that they sent me for all my jewelry that they claimed to be worthless. He told me to take it to the pawn shop but I thought this was good, my big mistake. But God don't like ugly and no weapon formed against me shall prosper is all I have to say and believe. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes especially with the bad economy, but that doesn't mean that everyone in this world is STUPID or a CRACKHEAD; Satan walks to devour ALL people any kind of way. We just have to pray, be very careful and learn from our mistakes because no one is perfect and I mean no one. And this still doesn't give companies the right to scam anyone for that matter. Ms. G.
N  23rd of Jan, 2009 by    -1 Votes
You know, some of you are saying that people who send their stuff in "deserve to get scammed", but that is an awful insult to make. When you lose your job and are running out of money to pay bills and then you see a commercial offering money for jewelry that you don't wear (which all of us ladies have), it sounds like a good way to get some extra money in. It doesn't mean that those people are stupid or "crackheads" or "tweakers". It just means they got fooled and that can happen to anyone. I think that sometimes it takes putting yourself in someone else's shoes to understand why someone would think this was a good idea. So to "Sabrina" and "Brad"... GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ###!!! And Ms. Gina, you are absolutely right... Amen!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree