CarSponsors / Scam and abuse!

Fort Myers, FL, United States Review updated:

They ripped me off too. Pretty much the same scam. I knew better but they suck you in. also the ad being on myspace you tend to trust it. I am out $89 now for nothing. The original ad said I was entered in a contest to pimp my ride. After they have you credit card number they no longer mention that. They only mention carsponsorship...
Va

Comments

Ma
  8th of Feb, 2008
I was ripped off by them too. The $89 scam. And felt better.
Wi
  21st of Feb, 2008
Actually Carponsors.com it real, my ex-car club got sponsored by them. They gave us all the sponsors they had ties to, and give us monthly updates on new sponsors. Nothigns free, its all about 50-75% discounted. The money is to set up a portfolio to give to the companies. If they dont have the portfolios, how can they aquire a sponsorship? Any questions, message me at myspace.com/airsoftpro4.
Ri
  2nd of Jul, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
call carsponsors.com at 1-866-340-1073 and complain that you felt lied to and want a full refund - they will refund at least $59 (the rest they said was an application fee)
then go to your bank and complain to get the rest back
Da
  11th of Sep, 2008
Seriously you people signed up for this... as a teacher I feel ashamed no one taught you better, and as adults you should fell ashamed for signing anything that had the word "pimp" in it! You deserve you money lost.
Br
  15th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
carsponsors.com screwed me over i just signed up a few days agoi saw their ad on my tv so i thought it would be real so i thought it would be cool to get my truck fixed up for free so i thought what the hell its worth a shot and i probly wont get it so i tried and today i checked my balance and there was a $99 charge on my acount so i checked my email and i had nothing from them at all i tried to get on there website to see what the deal is and it was down so now im out of $99 but im tring to get it back and i have contacted my bank
Ma
  5th of Nov, 2009
I applied online for carsponsors.com and never entered a credit card number or anything and they called me 2days later saying that they wanted to sponsor my 2003 mustang. Due to the no credit card deal i havent been charged anything
Th
  7th of Jan, 2010
It would not let me submit my application with out a credit card info, so how did your (manaba55) application go through? I think your are crazy, unless you hacked in to the main frame of the carsponsor web site! I did not enter a credit card info, how do you pay some one to have them sponsor you? By entering any credit card info, it now becomes you sponsoring them. Dont do it. It sounds like a fish, it looks like a fish and it really smells fishy. Beware!!!
St
  2nd of Mar, 2010
I was also told by carsponsor that i was apprved for all kinds of parts for my 1988 GMCpick-up truck. Then they told me that i would have to pay 200.00 dollars for a application fee which is not mentioned when they make trhere advertisment on television if your approved for something free then they want to charge you for a application something dont sound right about this. They were going to do frontend work paint wheels-tires interior but they wanted that money first. Dont they know that people wants to see parts before they send money.Also they were wanting me to drive to ingles grocery store to send payment somebody needs to check these people out.Ithink they are ripping people off. If you can find out who is doing this tell them to contact me.They seemed to get all disgusted when i told them that i was layed-off and could not afford it.They told me that i would never be contacted again. Big deal i have been around long enough to know that theres nothing in life free.Just give me a call and explain yourself looks like a dead beat to me.
Ca
  3rd of Sep, 2010

Wi
  7th of Oct, 2010
wow i can't believe all these newbies your never going to get anything for free and if any of you were smart enough to actually read the terms and conditions of the agreement that you signed and paid for then you would have relized that it is an rpm program to help those that truely seek sponsorships to get their foot in the door. You are responsible for buying the parts at a discounted price and then if you place in a legit show then they reimbusre you for the part thats how sponsorships work you only get free parts if you actually stay with a company and get signed I hope you all enjoyed your time trying to be what others strive to be everyday. I have been with them since 05 and i have had 2 cars sponsored by them i have been reimbured several times i have even been give free parts they are not always big one. but nice enough that i have several carshow trophies and several offers for full sponsorships
Pl
  24th of Oct, 2010
I am going to give it a shot. My nonprofit (www.plugnplaymn.org) is seeking sponsorships for their show truck.

It is a '03 S10 with a '39 Studebaker hotrod body (pictures at www.39stude.com). I am hoping we can work around the body mod and get some sponsorships.

I am willing to wrap the entire truck in a vinyl wrap - so, I hope to encourage going that far.
Rd
  24th of Nov, 2010
We all want this to be true that we could get sponsors for our cars. Well the truth is that this people from CARSPONSORS.COM dont care about U or your car and take it from me a guy that loves cars and want a career customizin cars. If you are checking CARSPONSORS.COM is because you love your car and want your car to be in magazines and car shows well i dont know about u guys but Im sick of all this scams why can there be a real car sponsor a company that really loves doing this and deos it for the love of cars I mean we love cars we love that feeling that you get when you work hard and save money for a new part for your car dont try to take advantage of us just because we are car guys. Im tired of this fake things and if you are with me we could do all this our self if we all get together we could make our dream cars our selfs [censor] sponsers this is the FUTURE we got youtube/google/facebook/myspace/twitter ext. If we want people to see our unique cars all we got to do is get together and do our own free page Im only one person with a simple idea but i need all your guys help spread the word and give me ideas we could do it. CONTACT ME AT : SPEEDTECH101@AOL.COM or go to http://www.facebook.com/SpeedTech101 and look for me on youtube SPEEDTECH101
Bi
  24th of Nov, 2010
you can submit your app without credit car info i called carsponsors.com and she said it will still go through they sent me email and called me saying im ready to get signed up im just gonna see if they will wave the fee and once i get at least$99 of free [censor] than i will pay the fee

CarSponsors.com / SponsorAmerica Logo CarSponsors.com / SponsorAmerica