Carrington Mortgage Services / claiming escro "cushion" needed for 2019 property taxes projection

Carrington Bought our loan in Novemeber, 2017 and since that time, our monthly mortgage payment has gone up 3 times, 1st, claiming our State Farm INsurance Home Owners Policy has lapsed requiring Carrington to pay an additional $241 to them on our behalf. We contacted State Farm who informed us that our policy did not in fact lapse and that the annual amount remained the same and was paid in full. I have a copy of all paper work needed concerning this complaint. 2nd, supervisor, TJ, claimed is was because the escro analysis was completed and it was short by $241 and when I offered to pay the $241 that was short, he said it would not change the monthly payment as it would just be added to the escro account. 3rd, the monthly mortgage payment went up another $5 per month and spoke with Lou who said that is was due to the Projection of 2019 Property Taxes and that an Escro "Cushion" was needed in order to meet this projection. Please can somebody advise me on this, is this legal? And if it is legal, what can we do to stop it from happening? Do we have any legal rights as a consumer? Thanks Kelly

Ke
Oct 26, 2018

Comments

• Fe
      15th of Nov, 2018

Carrington bought my this year, 09/2018 and doing the exact same thing to me, however, stating I need a cushion of $885.32. Is this legal? Also, they sold my address and phone number to other brokers who have since harassed me with calls and letters requesting to purchase my home. Is any of this legal?

• Me
      26th of Dec, 2018

@FernHenn I am dealing with the same thing, except they are trying to hit me for an additional $3, 700 a year. Said my property taxes went up to over $2, 000 then argued with me and told me to prove it was lower. I had my county tax record pulled up...$741 for the year. My insurance went up by $900 a year and they act like I'm an idiot when I tell them the difference in payment should be less than $100 a month. So, they are trying to gig me for an extra $312 a month, when I had a surplus in escrow this time last year.

• Ik
      17th of Jan, 2019

Bofa sold my note to Carrington without me even knowing it, then when my check did not clear in Dec 2018, I called Bofa and they stated my account had been sold, when I called Carrington they stated my new amount would go up $78 a month($936 a year) for no reason, from what I understand thousands of people are going thru this and there must be some kind of legal action that can be taken since they have no reason for it to go up and where does the extra money go if its not needed from the escrow??