Carrefour Bali Indonesia / buying aircon unit

Indonesia Review updated:
Dear Sir,

I would Like to submit a complaint to the owners of carrefour outlet store in Bali Indonesia.

On the October18 2008 I bought 2 LG air conditioners 3/4 HP. They promised to install both units in 1week. They asked for full payment so I thought I could trust such a replicable company as Carrefour. I was wrong. I called after two weeks and they said sorry it has not arrived yet and kept promising in just a few days more. Now 6 weeks have past and I still haven't recieved my AC units I asked to speak with a manager but was never confirmed that the one I actually spoke to was a manager.

He said sorry I will give you your money back or you can buy another unit. I bought the two AC units at a promotional price. They had nothing at the same price in LG.

I feel like they should of never accepted the money if they new they were out of stock. They screwed up but they want me to pay for it. I feel if they sold me something they don't have then they should exchange it for something comprible not make me pay more to recieve something I already paid for. The person I spoke to is Bpk Ahsar. He was very pleasant and wanted to help but it seemed like there was no effort at all to make this situation right.

I asked for a letter signed by a manager of Carrefour that if I wait 2 more weeks and still do not have AC units installed at my house that they would promise to give me 2 LG units that they do have at the store same 3/4hp but now more expensive. They refused to make a letter.

I feel that this transaction should really embarrass the owners of Carrefour. I really hope that someone could help me to get my 2 AC units that I already paid for. I felt that this kind of thing of course would happen in one of the other shops here in Bali but the reason I shop at Carrefour and have been since this store opened is so that something like this would not happen. So here I am 1 1/2 months later. Still no AC units. Thanks For that Carrefour

Sincerly

Daniel

My reciept No. 58640

Comments

Mo
  28th of Jan, 2009
You are not the only one who faced this problem - my husband's office also faced a similar situation, buying a few aircon units from Carrefour at promotional price, with promise of delivery in two weeks once the stock arrives. The deadline came and went, no delivery of stock, so the office calls up Carrefour and they were told the same thing - sorry no more stock, if you want have other models but at higher price. As they did not want to wait longer, they bought the higher priced units.

Sounds like it is a ploy to get you in a corner so that eventually you have to buy the higher priced units.

In a separate case that occured in February 2008, after an unpleasant incident with the staff at the technology section, I wrote a complain on one of the feedback forms provided at the outlet. Same thing - even though I asked for the Store Manager, the staff who spoke to me refused to confirm if he was the SM or not. I asked for a follow-up for what happened, even leaving my telephone number and email, but as you can already guess, I did not receive any follow up at all.
Mo
  26th of Apr, 2014

Carrefour UAE - Rude attitude from manager
Carrefour
mall of the emirates
Dubai
United Arab Emirates

I bought a laptop from Carrefour (mall of the emirates branch in Dubai) on the 7th of April 2014 and I subsequently travelled out of the UAE. When I came back on the 15th of April 2014, I wanted to return the laptop for a private reason (sealed in its cartoon) and then I went to the nearest branch to my home which was Marina mall in Abu Dhabi and they told me that they couldn’t return it
in their branch as there was 7 days only to return, however, they said that I can go to the same branch from which I bought the laptop and the manager would accept to return it.

I went to the mall of the emirates branch on 24th of April 2014 to talk to the manager but the guy at the counter asked me to wait until he brings him to me. I waited for half an hour asking for the manager and then the guy at counter went to him again and he came back with a message that the manager will not approve the return and I can go to make a complaint to whoever I want like the police, the economic Dept in Dubai.

My question to Carrefour now, is this the way you want your managers communicate with your customers and I am really sorry that I dealt with you one day.
Ju

Carrefour - Overcharginng and not replying
France

I did a lot of shopping in Carrefour at Cite Europe and they charged me for twelve bottles of wine when I only bought two. I emailed them on the day because I thought their stock control would prove what I said, but I have had no response from them despite sending them seven emails. They have completely ignored me. I have also emailed the central Carrefour email address and have received only acknowledgements despite emailing them four times. What do you have to do to get a response?
Ab

CAREEFOUR - Bad service,Irresponse
United Arab Emirates
carrefouruae.com

i bought a lenovo laptop worth of 2700 aed..for me it s huge amount...so the problem is i have seen a damage at the speakers i don't know how is that happen with in 1 day..i bought it on 2nd of sep night 9 pm next morning i saw the damage on it..so i went to the store to show them they saw it they replaced it in a mean time the guy who actually gave me on 2nd sep he was der so i started explain him the story of a damage...after tat he came and check the new piece and supervisor came they spoke to each other and then he came to me and said that TAKE YOUR OLD LAPTOP AND GO..i was surprised and then i said wt happen wt is the problem he said they yesterday when we gave you the piece it is OK so now we are not going to replace this one..k tats OK..bt the situation tat he s trying to tell me is very very bad behavior..and suddenly he said that u r always come here to exchange the phones ..you can see that wt purpose i am there and wt they are talking about is tat acceptable..and one more thing before that a bought a tablet from careefour i got a problem with battery i told them about that they k bring it we will see it and we will exchange...so there was a problem so i ask them for exchange rite otherwise y i will ask them about tat...so i started shouting at them...seriously tat is first moment in my life i feel shame on me..why this people they dont care about a customer..after tat i met the gm of carrefour he saying apologies .they said give us a time we will get back to u by 4pm...nothing no calls no response..he is in a good position he should know minimum responsible...so i went back to them ask i started asking about my problem..k so one more person a new manager he came and giving me the same piece..i said k bur where is the guy who actually talk to me..and suddenly one more guy he is the controller of a store he came he s saying apologies why why they are doing it..and why they are trying to convience me.why they are not understanding wat im try to tell them...its all bull ###...i will never ever go to carrefour again...2700 laptop my salary is 3000 u can think abt it how much they are importent to me...and they are saying tat they will gve me gift why why...
Sa
  27th of Jul, 2016
first analyze where the damage happened before buying or after buying, if you r very sure b4 buying complain to the manager abd inform him how important 2700 is to you, if do not agree make a complaint to the consumer tribunal court
Aj

CAREEFOUR - Bad service,Irresponse
MAHIMA BUILDCOM
India

WE BOUGHT IN BULK 12 AIRCONDITIONERS FROM CARREFOUR STORE LOCATED AT VKIA AREA JAIPUR INDIA.
AS A PART OF THE BULK DEAL WE WERE PROMISED BY THE STORE MANAGER A DISCOUNT VOUCHER OF 2.5% WOULD BE ISSUED ON OUR PURCHASE.
AFTER THE PURCHASE I WENT TWICE TO THE STORE FOR THE CREDIT VOUCHER BUT THE SAME WAS NOT ISSUED AND ON THE LAST VISIT ON 22 nd JUNE THE STORE MANAGER JUST REFUSED TO ISSUE THE VOUCHER AND TALKED WITH US IN VERY ABUSIVE AND INSULTING MANNER.
ITS REALLY ASTONISHING FOR A GROUP LIKE CAREEFOUR TO ACT IN SUCH A WAY AND CHEATING CUSTOMERS TO SELL THEIR PRODUCTS

Carrefour Logo Carrefour