Carlton Pools / Consumer beware!
May 09, we signed a contract with Carlton Pools, Collegeville, gave them $1, 000 deposit for their kidney shaped pool for 30, 000.00. It was supposed to be in place by July 6, 2009. We cut down trees in preparation and we planned a party for our granddaughter in August.THEN NOTHING HAPPENED!
It took 4 weeks for them to pick up an application from our township, 6 weeks till someone came out to view our property, 8 weeks to find out we needed a topo, 10 weeks to find out we needed 2 variances, so on and so on. Our granddaughter was very disappointed, our yard a mess, our trees are cut down to 4' and we still DO NOT have a pool in 2010.
The only thing they were QUICK AT was CASHING OUR CHECK and putting up an advertizement sign in our front yard! Even before we saw anyone.
I spoke to the owner about their pessimissim, why put in a pool in October just to close it. He had our deposit, I wanted to be first in the spring of 2010 like their ad says deposit now get this years price.
He said he would not honor the same price because they would only profit a few thousand dollars not that it's the old "BAIT & SWITCH" but usually people enhance their pool HIS EXACT WORDS! We didn't matter because he didn't make enough profit.
After reading the horrors of the people who did get a Carlton pool, apparently their product is as bad as their customer service. Maybe I was lucky after all. Consumer beware!
More Carlton Pools Complaints & Reviews
- Carlton Pools - Don't do business with them 
- Carlton Pools - Stay away from them 
- Carlton Pools - Poor construction issues 
- Carlton Pools - Our horror story 
- Carlton Pools - Worst ever 
- Carlton Pools - Does not stand behind their product
- Carlton Pools - Worst service ever
- Carlton Pools - Poor relationship
- Carlton Pools - Bad concrete
- Carlton Pools - Pool construction