Career Network

Career Network
findmynewcareer.com
So, I get an e-mail from a supposed "C. Garner" saying this:
Dear Aaron,

We are looking for a Telecommunications Technician Assistant. This person will be assisting in the day-to-day customer service needs. We offer $16.60 per hour plus great benefits, which we will discuss during your interview.

Aaron, to avoid being flooded with applications and responses, I have only extended this opportunity to a few people. Your online resume caught my attention, and I would like to start the interview process as soon as I possibly can. I am looking forward to hearing from you today, if at all possible. By selecting the hyperlink below, you can view more information about the position, benefits offered, our company, and send in your application as an interested candidate.

I am interested in applying for the Telecommunications Technician Assistant position.

I hope to receive your application later today!

Best Wishes,

C. Garner

HR Coordinator
I am currently jobless and seeking employment, I had resumes in this field out and about, so thinking that this was legit I click on the link, fill out my info and attach my resume. I also noticed that at the bottom of the page there were option for information on continuing your education, which I didn't opt for. Once I clicked "continue" the next page gave me an error message saying something like "this page is unavailable due to construction, please try again in an hour." I thought that this was odd since Mr. C. Garner was so anxious to get my application A.S.A.P. So, I Google search "Career Network" only to find several scam notifications, which was awesome. As you may already know they have several complaints against them as well as some kind of legal action. I can only hope that after complaining to you and the FTC that nothing bad comes from this experience.

Career NetworkCareer NetworkCareer Network

Complaint comments Comments (21) Complaint country United States Complaint category Job & Career

Comments

A  21st of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Great company needs Wastewater Systems Operator‏
From: Find My New Career (careers@findmynewcareer.com)
Sent: Mon 4/20/09 11:33 AM
To: myemail@hotmail.com

Dear Gerald,

I am looking for a Wastewater Systems Operator. This position is responsible for controlling the processes that make water safe to return to the environment, and properly disposing of waste materials according to the Clean Water Act and Safe Water Drinking Act. We offer $37, 000 annually plus great benefits, which we will discuss during your interview.

Gerald, to avoid being flooded with applications and responses, I have only extended this opportunity to a few people. Your online resume caught my attention, and I would like to start the interview process as soon as I possibly can. I am eager to hear back from you today, if at all possible. By selecting the hyperlink below, you can view more information about the position, benefits offered, our company, and send in your application as an interested candidate.
I would like to apply for the Wastewater Systems Operator position.
I hope to hear back from you later today!
Respectfully Yours,

L. Barclay
Hiring Manager

If you cannot access the webpage through the link above, you can copy and paste the link at the bottom of this email into your browser.

I do not wish to be considered for future employment.

Career Network, Inc., P.O. Box 618305, Orlando, FL 32861-8305

THEN I GOT THIS
Regarding your application for the Wastewater Systems Operator position.‏
From: careers@findmynewcareer.com
Sent: Tue 4/21/09 8:19 AM
To: myemail@hotmail.com

Dear Gerald,

This letter is to confirm receipt of the application you submitted for the Wastewater Systems Operator position with Find-My-New-Career, an affliate of the Career Network. I have decided to recommend you for an interview as a potential candidate.
Follow the link below to the Career Network website. You will be able to confirm that you are available to begin interviewing for this position.

You have been registered with the following username and password:

Username: myemail@hotmail.com
Password: mylastname
By logging into Career Network, one of the largest gateways to employment opportunities on the internet, you will be confirming you interest in interviewing for this position. Please verify that the information we have on file is correct, and answer a few additional questions that will be critical in making the final hiring decision.

We appreciate your time and interest in working with us.

Brenda L. Campbell
Human Resources
...
Got to checking and no contact us info no company info jus a runaround where is my resume info going ? How do we take these guys down anyone know ? It has cost me time and agruvation forced to reseach and find out they are a fraud. Nothing but a big headache.
The first email saying they saw mt resume gave me a funny feeling throwing up a flag because i had never posted it as pulic (ie so employers can view it) But i did apply for jobs on careerbuilders.com and they said they were a afiliate so i thought this was legit. Take notice the company info is all confidential for offering the job (if they are contacting you why would they remain confidential)
N  22nd of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Here is one I got from the jerks:

Hi Heather,

Our company is currently hiring a dedicated Office Assistant to join our staff, and, after viewing your resume I would like to speak with you about this opportunity. Based on your history I feel that you would be a fantastic applicant for this opening.

This is a Monday through Friday, 8am to 4:30pm position. Experience is not necessary to be successful within this position. Our ideal candidate will be friendly, outgoing, and have a strong desire for continued learning and growth. The Office Assistant position provides competitive compensation starting at $16/hour plus outstanding benefits to match!

Heather, I have only extended this opportunity to a few people as I would like this position to be filled soon. Please view our website through the link below to complete an online application and to view a more detailed description of this position regarding qualifications, benefits, and more!

I am beginning the interview process shortly so I look forward to hearing from you today and hopefully working more closely with you!

Human Resources Specialist
A  22nd of Apr, 2009 by    +1 Votes
HA, I get so angry when I get these things, I am looking for a job closer to home than my current one is and seriously there are more of these garbage posts than their are real employment opp. What exactly does this company gain by getting your resume, I had a feeling that this was a scam just for the simple fact that it brought me to a page asking if I would like to further my education. What other info are they asking for?
Michelle,

They will also ask if you want to start your own business, sign up with a debt consolidation company, etc., then if you apply for a job they want your address, phone, and all that, and if they want references they want the references email addresses and phone numbers. Sometimes they'll even ask who your cell carrier is...that one I can't figure out...
A  22nd of Apr, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Heather and All,

I'm thinking that they ask for your cell provider because like your email, they Spam the hell out of your text messages. I think that because one of my girlfriends has been getting message after message of garbage texts for the last couple weeks... surprise surprise!! that's about how long she's been looking for a job... I guess I just don't understand what these people gain from giving job seekers false hope and making people waste valuable time reading, responding and filling out forms. I can only assume that they are "recruiting" sites, and for whatever reason they target currently unemployed consumers for debt consolidation, furthering their education and so on... What's most ironic to me is that most individuals seeking employment have either already completed school and are looking to start a career or they were not interested in furthering their education and that is why they are looking for a job. If I was interested in furthering my education even more, I would have went to a school website not a website intended for job/career seeking. These sites just really irritate the hell out of me. I guess I'm just glad that I'm too impatient to fill out their forms when I am redirected to a website that is not the actual company I am applying to.
N  22nd of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Even after clicking the "Take_my_name out of future_employment_considerations" Link a week ago, I receive this garbage today:

Dear Michelle,

Our company emailed you last week in regards to a vacant Clerical Assistant position we are currently trying to fill. I have not yet received a response from you, and wanted to touch base to see if you were interested in setting up an interview.

This is a great opportunity. The Clerical Assistant position offers $15.00-$20.00/hour plus great benefits, including paid sick days and holidays, medical and dental insurance, tuition reimbursement plans, and a 401k retirement plan.

Please click below to fill out the application and submit your resume.

Please accept my application for the Clerical Assistant opening.

I hope to receive your application later today, Michelle.

Samantha Towne
Assistant to the HR Director

If you cannot access the webpage through the hyperlink, you can copy and paste the link at the bottom of this invitation into your browser.

Take_my_name out of future_employment_considerations.
N  22nd of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
LOL Michelle...I so totally agree with everything you said. I wondered until I found this thread if I was the only one having problems with these folks. I'm laughing at them, b/c it somehow still manages to surprise me that even after you ask them to take you off their list, they have the nerve to contact you again. Grrrrrrrrr...as you and other posters have stated, it is SO frustrating when you're looking for a job to get false hope from stupid sites like these. I wish someone could stop them...
A  27th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Damn unbelievable!!! I wish I had visited this web site prior to giving my personal information. The information they pass off as a job offer is clearly a way to gather information. They didn't even have the good sense to change the letter or salary offer (everyone is about $16.00/hour) I intend to file a
formal complaint with the State Attorney General's office and the FCC. I spent a lot of time with bogus correspondence.
N  28th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
thepolishedjobs.com, polishedjobs.com are both part of the career-network.com scam
N  29th of Apr, 2009 by    -1 Votes
littleyaya... do I know you? More importantly, YOU don't know me, so drop dead. I can spill whatever goo on whatever thread I wish.
A  30th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
I was just about to go to the very same web site and give them some of my info. Good thing I looked at this page first! I thought it sounded kinda phoney. How did these people get my resume in the first place? I dont ever recall sending them my resume!
Simona979,

If you've ever posted your resume on a job board, that is where they get your info. They seem to be associated with CareerBuilder, whom to my knowledge, is legit. Career Network though, not so sure...
N  30th of Apr, 2009 by    +1 Votes
LOL...here is one I received today:

Hi Heather,

Human Resources Specialist

It's always the same "I have only extended this offer to a few people"...

LOL
A  30th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Thats Hilarious. Whats even more funny, is that my husband thought it was such a great offer, he urged me to get in contact with the bogus website. Good thing I never listen too him! LOL!
A  30th of Apr, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Just got another scam email. Thank God I've Googled this! thanks for the info!!! i was almost gonna fall for this!

Hello MyName,

I am currently seeking a hard working Entry Level Mail Associate to join our staff, and, after looking at your resume I would like to speak with you about this opportunity. Based on your qualifications I feel that you would be a perfect candidate for this opening.

This is an entry level position in which we are willing to train the right individual. Our ideal candidate will be friendly, outgoing, and have a strong desire for continued learning and growth. The Entry Level Mail Associate position offers highly competitive compensation starting at $13.50/hour plus exceptional benefits to match!

John, I have only extended this opportunity to a select number of qualified individuals as I would like this position to be filled soon. Please view our website through the link below to complete an online application and to view a more detailed description of this position regarding requirements, benefits, and more!

*link here*

I am beginning the interview process shortly so I look forward to speaking with you today and hopefully working more closely with you!

Director of Human Resources
N  30th of Apr, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Nice to meet you too littleyaya...if I had to choose between hockey or american idol, i guess I'd have to go with American Idol...lol. But I'm not really a fan of it either. I'm more of a House fan.
A  22nd of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
Dang it!!! I fell for it too! They took this new college graduate and made him look like a first class heel... I learned my lesson!
A  24th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
Yey, I just now found this after I Googled L. Barclay to find more information out about the Bank Security position. Unfortuneately looks like I have a nice bit of Spaam to look forward to. Figures, not only do I lose both jobs due to cutbacks in the last 4 months, now I get this too. My kingdome for a Spam Seeking smart bomb!! lol

... See Below...

Dear Nathan,

Our company is currently looking for a Bank Protection Officer. The Bank Protection Officer will provide visible deterrence of criminal activity at entrance of banking centers. This position offers $17.70/hr and includes full benefits, which we will discuss at the time of your interview.

Nathan, to avoid being flooded with applications and responses, I have only extended this opportunity to a select number of qualified individuals. Your online resume caught my attention, and I would like to start the interview process as soon as I possibly can. I am eager to hear back from you today, if at all possible. By clicking the hyperlink below, you can view more information about the position, benefits offered, our company, and send in your application as an available candidate.

I am interested in applying for the Bank Protection Officer position.

I hope to receive your application later today!

L. Barclay
HR Coordinator

A  2nd of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
I agree, this is false advertisement. Don't apply to their false organization. THEY ARE A SCAM EVERYONE WATCH OUT!!! DO NOT APPLY FOR ANY POSITIONS.
A  14th of Nov, 2011 by    0 Votes
I agree to all the above and have had a similar experience. I never got through the "apply for the position" portion because I did not include my cell phone number (only my home phone) and it would not allow me past that page. I thought this was odd so I did some research and found out the truth about them. They are a scam and should have some action taken against them preying on unemployed people in a time when the economy is in dire straights.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree

The Chronicle of Higher Education Logo The Chronicle of Higher Education
Customer Care Service
1255 Twenty-Third St, N.W.
Washington