Care.com / false advertising
I set up a profile with Care.com, so that I could look for positions and circulate a profile for care giving. One caveat is that Care.com encourages profile builders to give their social security numbers and a credit card number, to run, (they say) a background check.
Of course, I mentioned this in a phone call to the local police department, and was advised against giving out this information. We all know about identity fraud and phishing these days.
Unfortunately, I met up with an undesirable potential employer, who posted a negative review about me, without proof or documentation of any sort. When I went to Care.com to request that this review be removed, I found that I had been listed as a paying Customer Care Provider (never authorized by me), and that I could not withdraw my information until my account was payed in full at the end of the month.
MInd you, I had signed up with Care.com with the full understanding under its terms, that this site was free, unless one had signed up for payed services.
I would suggest that people who want services or who seek a job, look elsewhere. Care.com seems illegitimate, to say the least.
More Care.com Complaints & Reviews
- Care.com Inc - illegal activity: background checks 
- Care.com - deceptive practices/exploitation 
- Care.com - bad practices and service 
- Care.com - unauthorized use of my social security number 
- Care.com - service promised not provided 
- Care.com - can't close account
- Care.com - termination by care.com
- Care.com - job searching
- Care.com - termination of acct 
- Care.com - charing for reviews