CardService International / Unauthorized billing

P. O. Box 5180Simi Valley, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-274-7915

After slightly more than one year using this 'service' for credit card transactions, I now find undisclosed money they assure me I owe - legally. I have been charged $135.50 for an 'annual' fee. This was not charged for the first year. I also am seeing debits that make no sense.

After asking for my account executive (professional thief), I was informed that he was no longer with the company, however, was one of their 'best 'and could not believe he didn't disclose 100% of the terms prior to my activating my account online.

I asked to terminate the contract and they said it would cost me $972.00 for early termination. Effectively the $35 I pay monthly for the life remaining on a 36 month contract. I was incensed. They were nonplussed.

I am putting a stop to their debit authorization and will laugh when they bill me for the bogus $975. I have no need for an excellent credit rating, although it has been over 800 for many years.

Let them try to intimidate me. I will be as stalwart and unconcerned about their money as they have been about (stealing) mine.
Va

Comments

Je
  27th of Jan, 2009
You took the salesman's word on the terms and didn't bother to read the contract before you signed it. I'm relatively certain that's true, because if you had read the contract and the charges are actually in violation of it, you'd be throwing the contract in their face. So, how is this anyone's fault but your own?
Jo
  13th of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
We are a merchant who have been expericing a terrible amount of trouble with Cardservice International. As of 2009, they have not been paying us on nay chargebacks and all customers have been keeping the merchandise for free! In most cases, they are prompting for information that is not relevant to the case for instance signature for delivery on items. This is completely in contrast to the content of the information sought by the credit card bank. This is a horrible company to deal with - we recommend Paymentech - we have not had problems with any chargebacks and always got our monies back! We are also certain that the people in the chargeback department are not well addressed on reading information presented to them by the merchants - bottomline and to reiterate in proper English, they are not smart in reading through information. We are sick and fed up of them. We have lost money. In a case years back, we found out that the customer reversed monies to our favor but Cardservice pocketed the monies! It took the credit card company to call them personally to ensure the monies went to our account. Theft! And they owe no allegiance to you as a merchant. Scrap them and be done with them. They are only interested in your monies and nothing more. We called up the FTC and were asked to report them to the FDIC and Office of Commissioner in Currency - if all you merchants do that, we can ensure that the government gets enough information to ensure they do their job right or fine them heavily. File the complaints please. We are doing our part.