[Resolved] Capitec Bank / hold status added to my bank account
Lawrence chavani chauke [protected]). I went to capitec branch in cresta to inquire about my credit as I have two loans and credit card currently with capitec, only to find out that a hold status has been added to my account because I received fraudulent funds which were later withdrawn, I have no knowledge of the sender or the person who withdrew the funds, I have not even received sms notification of this transaction. I was then advised to go to the police station and write sworn statement and agree to reimburse the funds, as this was my only option to have my account cleared. I fully co-operated with the bank, even though I have no knowledge of this whole transaction. Up to date my account remain closed, dispite all the efforts I went through. Capitec has treated me like a common criminal and whole situation has frustrated me.
Capitec Bank have responded "KINDLY BE ADVISED THAT THE ACCOUNT WILL REMAIN CLOSED DUE TO THE FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY ON THE ACCOUNT" .That's the response i received via email from [email protected] .No further explanation was given .I am not happy at all
Updated by lawrence chavani, Jun 01, 2018
The response i received from capitec is not satisfactory, lack much explanation and does not give direction or way forward .
More Capitec Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Capitec Bank - feedback / response 
- Capitec Bank - poor service 
- Capitec Bank - unauthorised withdrawal of r2000.00 
- Capitec Bank - negligent staff - silverton
- Capitec Bank - account querr
- Capitec Bank - blocked loan account
- Capitec Bank - bank deposits
- Capitec Bank - complaining about the loan, I took in 31 march 2018, it seems as if it not moving after a year of payments
- Capitec Bank - customer care 
- Capitec Bank - file sent to collectors