Capital Resorts Group / death of owner/aged co-owner
My mother is 85 years old. Her husband was killed by a car while walking across the street. Because of her advanced age and no partner to now travel with, as well as health of an 85 year old, she is unable to travel. She and her husband had paid cash in full when the timeshare was purchased. Now, with him gone, she is on a very restricted income. She telephoned Capital Resorts asking for help as she can in no way afford the maintenance fee or travel anymore, asked if they would just take it back, no money exchanged, and they declined, actually found that suggestion humorous. This is despicable for a company to have such a policy or treat their customers in such a manner. They even threatened her with collection turnover if she is unable to pay, choosing to eat or obtain medical treatment instead.
I personally worked in the finance department of a timeshare company in another state for nearly 10 years, and I know for a fact that this decision is entirely arbitrary. I made decisions on a regular basis myself of whether or not to take back a timeshare in such instances, so it can be done, and quite easily.
Capital Resorts apparently doesn't value human life -- only the almighty dollar. In this situation though they won't even be able to gain the dollar they value so highly, but will contribute to the worry, stress and subsequent health decline of an 86 year old woman.
More Capital Resorts Group Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Capital Resorts - Timeshare 
- [Resolved] Capital Resorts - Deceptive and fraudulent sales 
- [Resolved] Capital Resorts - 5 day cruise gift 
- [Resolved] Capital Resorts - Unethical behavior 
- [Resolved] Capital Resorts Group - timeshare misrepresenting sales practices - not disclosing relevant information 
- Capital Resorts Group - timeshare cancellation 
- Capital Resorts Group - time share
- Capital Resorts Group - target the elderly
- Capital Resorts Group - benefits of vacation ownership presentation
- Capital Resorts Group - sales office