Capital Management Services / Harassment

1 1509 Cullen Avenue, Austin, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 512-323-6295

Capital Management Services has been harrassing my mother for over 5 years. She has told them I do not live with her, that I did not live in the state, and that it is not she who they want. (I am 44 years old). I was in a terrible divorce and got stuck with the CC debt. I receive food stamps and Medi-Cal or Medicaid. I do not have the money to pay the debt right now and don't wish to be harassed either. When I could pay off some of the debt, I did. They even today started screaming at my mother. She told them I was asleep and did not want to talk, that I would pay when I could. I tried to declare bankrupcy during the divorce, but never got it completed. I don't remember facts well and I was more concerned (at the time) about the safety of my children. 5 years of them harassing my mother and I only have lived here for 3 weeks of that time!!! Please protect people like my mother from these unsolicited phone calls!!!

Comments

• Ss
      14th of Sep, 2015

In 2009, I was, what I feel like, being harassed for a bill from a credit card. I had been scammed for around $20, 000 through a Bank of America card. Due to the frequent phone calls (every couple hours every day) I went through Lexington Law Service and was told the account was cleared and I no longer owed due to the harassment. I made note of this, but failed to log a date. No one called or I received no bill after that. But, after a while, phone calls and statements began again. The total amount was $25, 000 that I supposedly owed to my surprise as I was understanding that the matter had been taken care of. Now, today, 09/14/2015, I called Capital Management Services to find that I do not have an account with them. A settlement figure had been agreed upon and automatic payments were to be made. Due to a non-payment for August, I felt that I needed to inquire as to what was going on. I found that the account was transferred to Resurgent of which I knew nothing about. They have no information on the agreement and so now I feel I have been used again to obtain funds from me of which I am limited due to fixed income. I also think I have been abused and tricked to pay an amount that was earlier forgiven. If these companies are not legit, they need to be stopped to keep them from tricking other senior citizens into paying something that they are not responsible for.