Capgemini India / sudden change in notice period

India Review updated:

Hi,

I am an employee of Capgemini India. I was hired few months back and at that time in my offer letter the notice period for termination was mentioned as 1 month. I accepted it rather it was so for all those who joined in that period. Recently we have been informed through email that the notice period will be increased to 3 months from June 1st. We felt it is kind of cheating here. I can understand when this rule is applied to those who are joining newly but not to those who have already joined. Company is now taking advantage of this situation as they are asking associates to take up tasks which are not in their domain. Like, one of my friend who is a Java developer was asked to take care of setting up new office for the company.Similarly another colleague of mine is working in Pune and his wife & new born baby are staying in HYD. Company doesn't have any projects running in HYD which is of his domain, so he plans to move to another company. But all of the sudden the notice period is 3 months.

Can you please help us in this regard?

Thanks & Regards

Ke

Comments

21st of Jul, 2009

Log jobs complaint at www.jobscomplaintboard.org

• Ra
      4th of Feb, 2015

Capgemini revised salary letter is given in the month of April every year; applicable from Jan of the year. And if you put down your paper before April will not get the increment and hence no arrears. Also minimum of 15 % of the CTC is variable for Manager and above. I you leave before April you will not get the variable as well.