Candlewood Suites / filthy conditions of the room

My husband and I stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Bloomington/Normal IL for ISU's homecoming. We checked in on October 12, 2007. Upon check in we were advised our adjoining rooms were not available however we could have rooms across from each other. This was suitable to the other couple we were with who are elderly.

When we got to the room, it had a slightly unpleasant odor but not enough for us to want to move ourselves and the other couple. We called down to the front desk to see if they had some air freshner or something. The person answering at the front desk seemed to not understand our needs and offered to leave a message for housekeeping.

The beds in the rooms are approximately 6 inches from the wall on one side. Although not too much of an inconvenience for my husband and myself but a very huge problem for a couple in their 70's. Due to this, we missed a very unsafe and unsanitary situation. I was the designated "scoot over" person. When I awoke in the morning, I noticed a dried blood stain on the bedding. I immediately did a body check terrified I had some how hurt myself in the evening . It only took seconds to realize the blood was not mine. After waking my husband to get him out of the filth, I ran to scour my skin with hot water. My husband was too embarasssed to complain over the phone, he spoke to the front desk to alert her to the problem.

We arrived back 12 hours later in anticipation of a nap before heading out to dinner. It was apparent when we entered the room that the room had not been entered during our absence. We again complained about the bedding situation. It took an additional 30-45 minutes to get clean sheets at 8p.m. in everning. The girl changing the sheets was horrified to learn the stain on the sheets were left from the previous tenants and we had slept in bio hazardous waste. She stated she came in from another location and was appauled by the conditions of this hotel.

During this time, we were not contacted by the manager of the hotel although we were advised he was aware of the situation. We sent a message through their web site on October 14, 2007 providing the above conditions of our room and receive a very generic canned response that they strive to maintain high standards and the information would be forwarded to the district manager and owner. It has been one week and we have yet to hear anything from anyone.

Comments

• Pa
      23rd of Oct, 2007

• Es
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Candlewood Suites - OperationsMgr FRAUDULENT CC charges East Syracuse
    East Syracuse NY
    Candlewood.com

Operations Manager Luann East Syracuse involved in CC fraud.Falsely claimed they couldnt process charge, cancelled reservation no charge. 20 minutes later charge for $6 MORE than the original fee showed up in my transactuons. Operstions Manager REFUSED to void transaction, said "too bad dispute with your CC company". Refused to provide name of GM.

20th of Sep, 2018
    Candlewood Suites - Housekeeping

My company has booked rooms for several employees for a period of time. This more than likely cost around $10, 000. No breakfast. Prices in concession are way too high. And housekeeping is a constant no show throughout the week and never on weekends.