Canadian Premier Life Insurance Company / confused either this is all true or not

1 5000 Yonge Street Toronto, Ontario – M2N 7J8Toronto Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I bought life insurance and accident insurance by this comoany and as I read this article here and in some websit I begun confuse which place I should verify if this company legal or scam? Here are some that I found through website: 1: address in internet of this office and in my contract paper are the same but website tells where is postal code M2N 7J8 located
2. BBB emphasize about them
3. I read Ruby Mae complain from here
about Canadian Premier life Insurance.
Maybe before it was under Sears but now this is by
HBC automatic deducted.

Canadian Premier Life Insurance Company Contacts & Information
Posted: Ruby Mae

insurance over payment
Complaint Rating: 100 % with 2 votes
I have been paying for group insurance through Sears since 1997. I am now 73 years old, and only just discovered that the insurance has not been valid since I turned 65. That's 8 years of paying for useless insurance!

In this day of computerized technology, there is no excuse for a company to not keep in touch with clients with such important information.

Thanks to all readers:
To all who read this will you have had idea or advice to what first step I should do to investigate.

Re
Sep 5, 2015

Comments

• Go
      18th of Nov, 2018

My wife's aunt just passed away Oct, 2018 at age 90. We looked at her Canadian Premier Life Insurance Company policy (which was originally acquired through Sears), and we see in her files a document which stated that her life coverage ended at age 70 and she was only covered for accidental death from that time. My wife's aunt continued to pay ~$130/year for 20 years for useless accidental death coverage! That is what I call corporate rip-off.

Gordon

PS. Postal code M2N 7J8 is in the former North York. But since Mike Harris forced Toronto to amalgamate, addresses in North York (or Scarborough, Etobicoke, etc.) may use Toronto in their address.