Cabela's / reduced credit limit and unfair practices

1 United States

I have had a Cabela's Visa card for almost a year. After making my payments always on time and always making a payment of double the amount due, I received a call from the collections dept. this am, May 13, 2009. I was told that my payment was due on May 7th and I needed to make a payment. I made a payment of 100.00 April 2, 2009 and 2000.00 on April 13th. The 2000.00 was made for May's payment. Because it was made early they applied it to April's payment and told me that I was late for May. I was treated very rudely and was told by the so called team leader of collections that their was no one else I could talk to, nor could she give me a email address. I ended up getting online and saw exactly the same complaints. I did speak to another manager who said that that is their policy. So, never make your payment early and never pay a large payment if you don't want your credit line cut. I would close my account, but don't want to hurt my credit score. Does anyone know who I can complain to?

kathy