CAA auto roadside membership / Crap service

1 Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I recently purchased my CAA membership and two days ago I had called their office for the first time to discuss the solution of towing a vehicle of mine from Canada to the United States. Its the vehicle owned by my friend who lives in the United States and was visiting family here in Canada. Thanks to the greatness of some Canadian piece of crap that vandalized my friend's vehicle by pouring antifreeze in to the fuel tank of his recently acquired Mercedes ML350, I had to have it towed back to the US. I was told by CAA that I could use my service call of 200KMS up to the border and then from the border call their partner company in the US which is AAA for the second call. I then proceeded to have dispatch tow the vehicle and I was told I had to wait for an hour. I was cool with waiting and it was realistic enough I guess. But then I get a call where I am told by the towing company they contracted to handle the towing that, they won't cross the border and it would be on the Canadian side and that AAA will have to come from the US and tow it from here. I was frustrated already. After I called AAA they said that they would have to speak to CAA in Canada who in turn calls me and tells me that I will have to pay $3.50 for every kilometre that the vehicle will be towed from the Canadian side to the destination in the US. At this time, they choose to reveal that I cannot use two service calls for the same problem and at a time. I was furious and frankly at this time, I am pissed because none of this information was communicated to me at the time when I first called and they said they had to listen to the tapes while I waited.
This is my first experience with these a**holes and I can assure you that this is a dumb ### service. It definitely is a waste of $115 annual fees I paid. I spend five hours figuring it our whereas a third party company in the US took half hour to come over and fix the problem themselves by taking my friend and his vehicle back home in the US. Shows how crappy our Canadian counterparts can be!

Vi