Buytopia/The Butchers Voucher / runaround on refund

Toronto, ON, Canada Review updated:

I purchased 2 vouchers in April 2011 for $198 which was to allow me $400 in products from The Butchers on Yonge/Eglinton. Apparently both Buytopia and The Butchers bit off more than they could chew as The Butchers staff were being verbally and physically abused by angry customers. They continuously changed the details in the voucher, i.e: when people could shop, the store hours and the availability of their products. I have attempted on at least 4 occasions to get a refund from Buytopia and was told that they had to contact The Butchers and have them issue me a cheque. I spoke with an employee at The Butchers and he wasn't aware of such an agreement. I then attempted to contact Buytopia again via phone but all representatives had left for the day. I sent yet another email and am still awaiting a response. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH EITHER COMPANY!!!

• Ho Yin's Response, Apr 03, 2018

I bought a $9 for a pack of 3 Emoji socks with the vouchers number of AEY8UHFZHC. When I received it today, it had only one pair instead of three. I would like a refund. Please reply.

• Brondell SHAPIRO's Response, Jul 26, 2018

Still worry about only having paper voucher

Comments

• Mi
      Jul 09, 2011

I too have had it with Buytopia, who have not returned phone calls or emails. Their office at 5155 Spectrum Way in Mississauga is under another name or has been moved, but they are still making their daily offers. They need to step up to the plate as Dealfind has done, and acknowledge their responsibility with The Butchers vouchers. I think they need a little more negative publicity where it hurts, and I am working on this.

• Wa
      Jul 14, 2011

I agree with Trish and Mike. I also have not had any response from Buytopia after having placed an online order at the Butchers in April and never received a follow up or confirmation. After sending several emails to Buytopia about getting a refund I have now sent a refund request to my credit card company to try and get my money back. I will never buy anything from Buytopia again. Apparently, even the owner of the Butchers has been interviewed about this deal and has regrets about having done it in the first place. Buytopia should cut their losses and offer refunds to those Butchers voucher holders who are not satisfied!!! Spread the word - Buytopia is a scam!!!

• Ve
      Dec 04, 2011

The Buytopia site is not answer to any questions what was asked them! look what people has to write on that website!!!
    ["It happen to my post also, as with KC's post; I ask the same questions!!!

"I am just wondering why my previous post got deleted? My post was asking if there are any staff responsible for answering questions here because nobody answered my questions (below, by KC). Someone (i assume -> a staff) came on and deleted my post, yet still none answered my question below. This is not acceptable and this deal does not make sense. I am starting to feel like i got scammed and I already purchased the deal.. "]

I was buying some services at DealFind site, and they are very very good with answering the customers questions. I purchase some deal there and after read not very good reviews about that salon; so, I get my money back without any hassle. I will recommend to all people use DealFind site, they much more responsible than Customer Service at Buytopia!!!

• Va
      Dec 08, 2011

Like many of you I've been spinning my wheels trying to use my vouchers. I was advised by Buytopia to submit an order to them directly at [protected]@buytopia.ca which I did on November 3rd. Today is December 8th and I'm still waiting for my order. Yet another call to Buytopia this morning resulted in them telling me that I could not get a refund despite the fact that I have been trying to use my vouchers for over 8 months. Responses to emails are far and few between and the assistance from customer service is poor and that's me being nice! At minimum they should have made an attempt to contact the individuals that purchased vouchers and given the option to refund or starve!! I will never refer friends/family etc. to use Buytopia and frankly have purchased my LAST voucher from them!

• Wa
      Dec 13, 2011

Worst company I have every had to deal with! I've also had the same issues as VancouverBoy. What a SCAM!

• Dl
      Jan 20, 2015

I bought gift cards from Buytopia (Starbucks, and Tim Horton), they never fulfill their promises. Keep saying the gift card has already been sent to me by email and mail, but I never receive them!!! I only loss a few bucks, but they should not be in business at all!
    Don't buy from them ever again.

• Br
      Aug 14, 2018
    Buytopia.ca - urgent : esso fuel discount card
    Toronto
    Ontario
    Canada

I bought a fuel discount card which is only valid through Aug 2 and I do not know how to use it. I am very worried that this offer will expire before I can use it. I paid $118. for the voucher.
    This is a lot of money for me.

Do I simply take the printed voucher to the service centre and show it ?

Should I not have a card?

• Do
      Aug 15, 2018
    Buytopia.ca - petro-gift card.
    West Kelowna

The gift card number I was given says it is a invalid gift card #. I cannot get a hold of anybody by phone so what am I supposed to do as there is a time limit on it. I hope this problem can be resolved shortly.

• Ho
      Aug 20, 2018
    Buytopia.ca - the amount of product is not correct

Thanks

• To
      Aug 20, 2018
    Buytopia.ca - build in 500 classic games
    China

I order the Entertainment system FOR MY SON
    $39.00 620-in-1 Classic Console ($89.99 Value)

Buytopia Product
    and I RECEIVE EMPTY BOX THANKS YOU BUYTOPIA...
    I cant understand buytopia sell products from company who scam, people, I really feel VIOLÉ...UNE ESCROQUERIE
    [protected]@yahoo.com

Aug 29, 2018
    Buytopia.ca - Salton ice machine

I ordered 3 salt on ice machines one of them has never worked
    I would just like it replaced not refunded
    Pls call me ASAP
    I hav already sent emails and tried calling many times
    Very frustrating when no replies

• Lo
      Sep 10, 2018
    Buytopia - Refund
    Toronto
    Ontario
    Buytopia.ca

They aren't responding to my e-mails