Budget Insurance Company South Africa / Poor Service, slow to pay Claim Out

1 South Africa Review updated:

5 jun 2011 came home to a burst geyser, after numerous phone calls and follow up on myside trying to claim for water damaged items from my household policy with budget insurance, and after been told to keep evidence of food been damaged by boiling water from the geyser, which I did for 2 weeks, until I was forced to throw away the rotting, smelling food as no assesor bothered to come out to inspect from budget insurance.

Eventualy kagiso mogale from budget insurance said to me on 23 june 2011 they would pay me out, it would take 3 working days for the money to appear in my account. (all phone calls are recorded, so they have this on record!)

13 working days later, no response to my numerous e-mails, asking what the delay is and guess what, no curtsy call of apology from budget insurance (again!)

This is the service you receive after paying 7 years of instalments!!

How long do I have to wait?
How much more money and time do I spend chasing them???

More Budget Insurance Company South Africa Complaints & Reviews

Comments

10th of Feb, 2014

My vehicle is covered by budget insurance. In January I was driving between Ixopo and donybroek and my car got damage by the hail I reported to budget. I was then told to send the car to one of the repair center in pietermaritzburg. They fixed some of the dents leaving some that are in the condensor and one of the assessor claim that those dents were not caused by hail. I am paying this insurance every month but they can not fiX minor dent in my car

• Fb
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Budget Insurance - Don't pay what you're insured for.
    Budget Insurance
    South Africa
    budgetinsurance.co.za

PASOP !!! Moenie enige iets by hulle verseker nie, jy kan hulle nie vertrou nie. Ek het my selfoon apart verseker juis oor dit so duur foon is en toe word hy gesteel uit my voertuig uit. Toe wil BUDGET vir my vertel hulle gee my net R500.00 na my bybetaling van R950.00. En die foon is apart vir R8000.00 versekerd. Ek kan nie glo hulle doen dit aan my nie. In my polis staan wel dat enige "specified and unspecified goods stolen from a locked vehicle cabin net R1500.00 gaan uitbetaal maar onder my portable specified goods staan dit ook dat my foon vir "stolen" gedek is nou wonder hoekom sal hulle nou 2x verskillende stories op jou polis sit. Is dit dalk om jou te ###????? Steel bly steel of dit nou uit die kar gesteel is of uit jou handsak dti bly steel.

• Le
      8th of Jun, 2016

My husband and I are sitting with no phones since Saturday, We have done what we had to do blocked the devised and reported the case to SAP and when i followed today they telling me they want pop for the devices since our policies are not 3 months old ... HOW DID THEY INSURE THE DEVICES WITHOUT POPS IF THEY ARE IMPORTANT ???? THIS WAS NEVER SAID TO ME WHEN WE BOUGHT THEIR PRODUCTS AND WAS TOLD CLAIMS GET FINALIZED WITHIN 48 TO 72 HOURS AND ITS MY 3RD DAY AND THEY STILL TELLING ME STORIES ... I CURSE THE DAY I CANCELLED MY PREVIOUS INSURANCE AND BUYING THIS PRODUCT ...

• Ca
      11th of Nov, 2016

My Car got stolen in July 2016. First question they asked me... "Is it paid off?" as soon as I said yes I got the run around. Appointed an Investigator spent 2 weeks phoning work colleges, family, friends and estate staff. Then repudiated my clam "Risk" - my vehicle got stolen from a shopping center car park around 6pm - how is that unacceptable risk!!!
    They pick on the small guy - that is why the first question they ask is "Is it paid off?"

• Nt
      13th of Jan, 2017

Good Morning. I am highly disappointed by bugdet insurance. 29july 2015 my polo TSI was involved in an accident and i made a claim that was giving mr a big headache which eventually a certain amount was paid and i was not certified. During that period i had to continue paying webank since the car was written off and there was and outstanding balance of R42000.00 that i had to pay though budget took my car. I made an arrangement with the bank on how to continue the payment as a monthly debit order.
    In may 2016 i received a call from budget that they will be continuing the investigation and they promised me that they will recover all my money as soon as everything falls into place.
    In August 2016 west bank did debit, i was so happy because i really don't have this money and they have been debiting since 2015 September.
    In October 2016 i received c an email from vw financial services which was a settlement letter requested by budget so that they pay and get certificate of the car. This made me understand why wesbank stopped debiting from me.
    Unfortunately when i call budget to enquire about this information it was dinied. I was even told there are are different system @budget insurance and they never requested any settlement letter. I have been in contact with louis mayer most of the time telephonically and via email .
    My number 0833536565.
    Now i am getting sms and emails that are telling my i am blacklisted because of this

• Co
      5th of Jun, 2018

Please stay away from Budget Insurance

If any happens to your car, home or house they are full of stories and do not pay out.

They will say its wear and tear or age and they are not responsible even if your geyser bursts. They will say its maintenance and your responsibility.

Stay away from them

• Vi
      9th of Nov, 2018

I sent an inquiry on the 28th September for a quote, it's been over a month and now you want to contact me! Clearly you guys don't need the business! If this is how long you leave a potential client I can only imagine how bad the turn around time is for dealing with your existing clients!

No Thank you, don't bother! I want nothing to do with such an incompetent insurance company!