Broward Factory Service / Poor Service

Las Vegas, NV, US Review updated:

I have had a warranty with BFS for about a year and a half. This is the third time I've called them about my A/C unit. It happens to be a Saturday so I had to leave a message for emergency service hoping a technician would call back. He did. Two hours later. He stated that although the answering service detailing A/C issues were emergency situations, the temperature outside had to be over 99 degrees for it to be considered an emergency. Today happens to be overcast, which is rare in August in Las Vegas, so it's only 87 degrees outside right now. I tried to explain to the technician that although it's only 87 degrees outside (which is considered hot for any other place in the US) it's already 80 degrees in my house where three young children live. He said that if it warms up today then they MIGHT come, but there's no guarantee it will even be tomorrow. For all he knows, it will be 87 degrees at seven in the morning tomorrow (it does get that hot that early here). By two o'clock it could (more like probably) be in the triple digits! Why did I pay over 500 dollars for this warranty when it has to be an extremely uncomfortable situation for my family to get service?! I'm extremely dissatisfied with BFS. My contract expires in February and I will NOT be renewing it! I will spend the remaining time I have left on my contract shopping for a new, better warranty company.

Ne

Comments

• Fo
      Mar 08, 2013

I've dealt with the Las Vegas division for 3 years, the manager is rude. They don't want to fix what's up warranty. They tried to find what's not covered so they can charge you . I told them my problem with the hot water tank, under warranty with them. They use excuses, it needs to be flushed . After flushing, same problem . I went to my next door neighbor to check their water, for comparsion, my water rusty, cloudy, neighbors water clear. Try to tell me it was better. They decided to take the tank to their shop, "To Flush. I guess flushing didn't work. They bought a new tank, Really!!! Now after installing a new tank. I was asked to paid for a flushing. The service tech, nice guy, only doing what he was told. I refuse to pay for a flushing when flushing was their suggestion . If flushing had worked. I would have paid BIGGEST RIPOFF. Bad dog!!!