Bray & Scarff / Customer Service/Service

1 Bowie, MD, United States

I bought a range from them September 11, 2010 and it was delivered on September 16. My husband and I decided that we would save money and he would hook it up. We did not get it hooked up until late Friday so when I went to use it on Saturday we realized that one of the burners did not work so we contacted the store and they informed us that we had to wait until Monday to put in a service call but that we would have a priority call since it was just delivered and not working. On Monday I called and they said that the earliest they could be out would be Thursday, I informed them that it was unacceptable so they contact another company and they came out on Tuesday to tell us that it was a manufacture defect on an element that he would have to order the part and it would be in the following week and sent to my house and he would be back to install it on Tuesday. In the meantime I had a party that weekend so that means that I was one less burner on the oven, hard to cooks for people when you don't have all parts working. Monday night came and we had not received the part, contacted the company and they said that it was on back order and that it should be shipped by the end of the week. I contacted the service office of Bray and Scarff and they informed me that they could not do anythhing about it because they did not service the range. Tried to talk to a manager but of course you know the story no manager was available. Contacted the main office and talked with a rep and she informed me that she would have to call the original service company because they could not replace my range because they did not do the service call and she would get back in touch with me. After that my husband call the sales representatives and asked what the return policy was - he told my husband call the service mgr and he will take care of you, call and left message and we have not heard from him at all. After waiting for 3 weeks we finally got our range fized but never heard from Bray and Scarff at all. We will not buy anythinig else from that company.

Dl