Born Shoes / bad customer service

I have aleast 25 30 pairs of born shoes which means I never wear the same pair all the time. I have had two pair of clogs come unglued just in the last month. What bothers me the most is the fact that these shoes are expensive and you would expect the to last a lifetime instead the whole sole has come completly unglued. I called Born customer service which did not care so for this fact I will not be puchasing any more Born shoes. When I went to my favorite store where I always buy my shoes selection was slim. I asked the reason it was quality. I see why now I know Born could care less but they have lost a good customer.

Ho

Comments

• Be
      27th of Nov, 2013

I agree. I had a pair of Born mocs. I only wore them say less than 25 times cause I have other shoes. The shoe developed a big split going across the sole. I found this out as I was walking in the rain in my driveway and my foot was drenched! I called their customer service, played phone tag & finally got in touch with them. They absolutely refused to do anything because they were over 6 months old! So they do not care about quality shoes, just a timeline. I usually don't even wear my shoes right away after purchasing them. This was my first and last pair of Born shoes. They are too expensive, especially since they do not stand in back of their product.

• Cr
      12th of Dec, 2014

Just had the same thing happen with my Born clogs. And I bought these after giving up on Clarks for the same issue: soles would just separate from uppers as you were walking down the street.

I may have to just start buying basic black, brown men's shoes, perhaps THEY are built to last.

• Kf
      23rd of Dec, 2015

I have a pair of Crown Born shoes that I really loved, both shoes have completely come unglued and are falling apart. The rest of the shoe is perfect. I am so disappointed in this defect. Apparently, Born does not want to bother . I cannot return these to the original retail store because it is across the country. As much as I paid they should last a lifetime, or at least more than a year.

• Li
      11th of Feb, 2016

I've had two pairs of Born shoes that have cracked across the sole allowing my feet to become drenched. You would think they could come up with a better sole than these rigid ones they have now. The shoes are way too expensive to have such a cheap sole.

• Vb
      5th of Jun, 2016

I have 2 pair that I pulled out today, both pair are degrading at the stitching, one pair you can stick a pencil through across the width. I am still going to contact Born.

• De
      3rd of Jul, 2016

I bought a pair of Born shoes last Feb and the toe of one shoe has come apart, less than 6 months! Paid over $100 for them at Dillards. I contacted Born's website, no answer yet. Dillards told me to bring them back and they would try to help me. I will NEVER buy another pair of Born shoes ever. Especially after finding this site and all the complaints from others. Wished I had read this first.

• Al
      12th of Sep, 2016

I bought a pair of Born boots and may have worn them 20 times and the glued on leather on the heal is coming off showing the plastic heel. Pricy but not quality. Never buying another Born product.

• De
      28th of Feb, 2017

Today both my Borns split across the bottoms, and came apart on parts of the sides. All in one day!

3rd of Apr, 2018

@Debbie Cline Exact same shoes that I have and exact same thing happened to my shoes, cracked and split. Second cracked and split Born happened to me actually. Extremely disappointed.

• Ta
      19th of Mar, 2017

Overpriced junk! Will never buy another product from this company. I won't even waste my time with their customer service department after reading the other posts. Very disappointing.

7th of Apr, 2017

After reading all the above, I can see it does not accomplish anything to contact Born. I have a pair of women's Born I love and encouraged my husband to buy Born shoes. Both pairs of shoes now have soles split across the shoe, unbelievable! They were expensive leather shoes and have not been worn daily. My daughter had the same problem with her shoes. One would think Born would take the complaints to heart. Will not buy anymore and discourage everyone to buy Born products.

• 20
      24th of Apr, 2017

I had the same problem. A practically new pair of leather clogs. I'd worn maybe 6-8 times for 2-3 hours each time, indoors other than going to the car. The right one's sole split and fell off, and the sole material is so deteriorated it's falling apart. I checked the left one and it's split and coming apart too. Totally junk at a stupid high price.

• Hm
      12th of May, 2017

Yes to all of the above. Here's one for the record books. I ordered two pair of sandals from Born. I tried them on and walked down my hallway to the bedroom and back to the living room. They were a poor fit and they looked cheap. The leather was thin and the rubber soles felt "squishy", and when I walked in them my foot slid to the front. These were flat and should have felt stable. I decided they were not worth the $100 & the $95 that I paid for them. I called to inquire about my refund. I was told that the $100 pair had "obviously" been worn and were being returned to me. I told them it must have been worn before they were sent to me. Of course not, they said. Because we don't " accept shoes that have been worn". They take an after picture of the product, but not a before picture. How convenient. They are returning the shoes to me. I don't seem to have a choice or recourse. They suck and I am so frustrated. Consumers have to fight at every turn. I am going to set them on fire, take a snapshot of the funeral pire, send my complaint to David Goldstein, locate members of the Board of Directors, post the picture on Twitter, Facebook, and any other social media I can find. I may not get my money back, but I sure don't intend to just sit still and take it.

4th of Oct, 2017

Nice looking shoe, leather upper and lining, hand crafted in China. Only wore them once and forgot about them then recently wore them out, came back in pieces. Shame on Born for making such junk! The sole fell off! They use disappearing glue. There is no glue residue. There is stitching on top around the shoe to give the impression that it is sown. I also called the company which was a waste of time.

• Lo
      6th of Oct, 2017

My husbands shoes did the same thing! Guess I'm not going to waste my time dealing with their customer service. I'm going to plaster it over the internet and hope people read it. That the shoes are expensive and very cheaply made!!! Last pair I will EVER buy...

13th of Oct, 2017

@Lovely lois Both shoes starting falling apart literally while I was at work as a substitute teacher. I was really embarrassed. I texted my husband to come to the school and bring me another pair of shoes because these were getting worse with each step. I knew they were not going to last the rest of the day! The bad thing is that these are the SECOND pair of Born shoes to do this! I had a pair years ago that I loved and wore often--never had a problem. Last year I ordered a pair off eBay, and they fell apart. I thought it was a fluke, but apparently not. Shame on the Born Company for doing nothing about this problem!! I won't ever buy anything else from them.

• Di
      31st of Oct, 2017

Also had a pair of like new born shoes completely fall apart. It appears the stitching on the side is
    only for decoration and the shoe is glued to the sole. Very disappointed.

• Di
      28th of Dec, 2017

I have a pair that I have owned for a while, but have probably only worn maybe 5 times. I was quite surprised to get them out of the closet to wear and found both shoes had cracked at the exact same spot. I have plenty of shoes I have owned for many years and have never seen this happen before! Never buying this brand again!

• Su
      12th of May, 2018

Been purchasing both men and women's Born shoes for 20 years. Switching to Rockport for better quality and customer service. The last pair of Born shoes cost over 100 dollars, soles separated in less than one month, customer service was dismissive.

• Ps
      27th of May, 2018

My daughter had a pair of the Born sandals with the interchangeable flowers, yesterday the heel crumbled as she put them on for the first time this year!

• Mo
      29th of May, 2018

I bought a beautiful (at least when they were new) pair of lime green Born flats. They were such a comfortable shoe and they were great for summer. Unfortunately, the dye began fading almost immediately. They are now faded and mottled, with no resemblance to the original color, but the insoles and soles are perfect. From all the comments above, I presume it is worthless to contact the company. I was just hoping that they might be able to re-dye them to the original color.

• El
      12th of Jun, 2018

I put my born shoes on today and the soles started to disintegrate. Uppers are perfect. Contacted customer service and they said I needed to contact the manufacturer that they only deal with orders placed through them online. Sounds like I am wasting my time.