Bmtc - / Volvo 335E Reckless driving by Morning driver

1 India Review updated:

I was riding in Volvo Bus 335E (KA-01 f3959) morning route ( boarded on 6 May 2008 7.35 am @ Manipal Hospital. I got off at Marathahalli Crossing . I want to lodge a complaint against the driver on 2 counts :

1.)Reckless driving - harsh braking, trying to overtake everyone
2.)Rude behaviour with passengers - He used abusive language when passengers asked him to go easy on brakes, probably drunk

I hope the relevant authorities see this in time and pull up the driver to prevent a major mishap waiting-to-happen

Comments

• Ga
      17th of May, 2008

My Request to BMTC that the buses stop always in the middle of teh road which blocks all other vehicles. They are not giving any signal.
    I travel in Silk board junction right after the flyover in front of the Audugodi police station we have a proper place for Bus stop. These buses stop in the middle of teh road which blocks cross road and direct road.
    This is just common sense and dangerous spot for others. As many as 6 buses will block the road no way we can pass peacefully.

Can you instruct the drivers to stop in the designated plces rather than middle of the road.
    As you know police in Blr are the spectators.

• Sh
      22nd of Jun, 2011

Am volvo pass holder and regularly travel from Whitefield to KBS and from KBS to Malleshwaram. All volvo bus drivers are rash and rude. When complained at control room, it is totally different story. No ettiquetts and do not permit us to give complaint, instead call police in arresting. The incident happened on June 21. tried to stop volvo at malleshwarm 11 th cross but the bus zoomed off rashly without stopping. I had to catch an ordinary bus and reach KBS. Went to control room and wanted to complain, to my utter surprise the officer incharge asssulated me and addressed as if am his slave. In spite of carrying a volvo pass i was given harsh treatment. Public gathered and were about to attack the officer but kept in distance. he was drunk on was on duty. He was shouting he will call police and arrest me. The senior officer at the control room was helpless and requeted me to avoid this and advised me to leave. The bus no is KA 01 FA 2272 - route no 276. Also the driver joined to attack me. was saved because of the public. Am 50 yrs of age and hail from army background. The reason as stated by the officer was that the said bus was to report to KBS at 8.40 but got delayed and reached by 9.30 hence, have not stopped at the stop. so what is big deal. This is purely unjustifiable. We do understand the pressure and tension but respect to senior citizen and valid pass holder, the attack in front of the public to be avoided. You may reach me on my ID shri1809@gmail.com.
    Thanks & Regards