Bluegreen Resorts / scam

8114 Cantrell Rd, Suite300Little Rock, AR, United States Review updated:
4.05
Phone: 1-800-816-0608

My husband received a call from this company offering a wonderful 3 night vacation package for our whole family for only $79 and we would only have to attend a 90 to 120 minutes sales presentation. He agreed thinking this would be a nice vacation get away for our family. After he told me about it, I decided to go check out this company on the internet and found numerous complaints and horror stories about their "presentations" so I decided that we should cancel it. When I called to cancel the trip they informed us that our $79 would not be refunded because it was 30 days past purchase date and of course at the bottom of all the small print it states that. I had a feeling we already lost that $79 but I was not about to lose any more money to them.

I just want to help keep other people from losing money to these people that, from all the complaints that I have read, are obvious scam artists.

Please stay away from BLUEGREEN RESORTS!!!
He

Comments

Ma
  2nd of Apr, 2008
You forgot to mention that you would have two nights in a usually upscale hotel/motel. You would get two or more tickets, depending on the number in your party to a show or a show and dinner. And sometimes you get a part of your $79 bucks back after you have completed the tour.

The length of the Sales experience depends a lot on the participants. You took a lot for granted by reading a few disgruntled buyers or tourers.

If you haven't experienced a tour yourself - Please don't knock them. You talking about something you know nothing about, except what someone else has written.

The Sales people throw a lot at you in the time allotted - there is no way a person can digest it all. Everyone should say NO THANK YOU the first time around. If they hit everyone of your "HOT BUTTONS" still say NO - come back later after you have had time to think about it. I think they require 3 to 6 months before you can tour again.

READ YOUR CONFIRMATION LETTERS - Don't blame the company for your error.
  23rd of May, 2008
I purchased one of their marketing vacation deals and ran into several road blocks trying to book a reservation. Beware folks don't go for the $49 two day vacation package. I was not able to work out a booking date with these folks, so I got really irritated and decided it was okay to loose the $49. I am glad however, that I did not get stuck purchasing one of their time shares. This is one of the worst businesses that I've ever dealt with. Customer service was horrible and I never received an answer to a compliant email. I learned a valuable lesson and would like to warn folks do not fall for their scam. They offered a vacation at their property, but wanted to put me up in a Sleep Inn hotel. I suspect they won't be in business long, or they'll change names soon. There is a lot of bad info about this group on the Internet; I only wished I had seen the warnings before purchasing.
  23rd of May, 2008
what a load of bull you have come out with Did you think that you would get a cheap holday at the espense of the Vacation club owners.
You are not a club owner so how can you comment
It is far from a scam and I am afraid it is you that is the loser
The bad info on the net comes from people like yourself who think they know everything but in fact no absolutly nothing about the Bluegreen vacation club and its 40 odd resorts if you did then you would be one of the many happy owners who know how to use their points and how to get the best out of the club
4s
  21st of Jun, 2008
We have always taken advantage of the Bluegrass promotions--paid the service fee-- and always had an enjoyable visit. Of course we never buy the vacation package and we have never been ripped off. It is a good way to enjoy a economical vacation deal. We have been to the Wisconsin Dells, Boyne Mountain, Michigan, Orlando & our next trip is to Gatlinburg. We take advantage of their specials every 18 months & would not hesitate recommendations to do it this way. The drawback is the 90 minutes is actually closer to 3 hrs but that may be because my spouse is a talker & I have to keep nudging him to be quiet so we can get out. As far as buying the vacation package what I don't like is that they want you to sign up that day & when we undertake a major financial decision, I want to think about it. Though reading these other comments makes me think twice about it. Perhaps another company would be better. I just don't know.
  2nd of Jul, 2008
I bought a blue green pkg at myrtle beach and was pushed and pushed till I gave in they had bad attitudes when you try to back away and start you feeling like you owe them something and hold you forever and I was assaulted on new years day and I financially can not pay and they won't even help me sell what I paid for see they are not what they tell you they will do and if you are with some one and don't even co-sign you are still in bad sssss so don't do it.
  25th of Jul, 2008
I have worked with the company for over 4 years and the way they treat their employees are terrible. You start making 9.oo hour and then you never get a raise. The trip is a fake because they don’t tell you all the details over the phone like you have to pay your taxes which is $75-100 per person. Then you have to send in 100 refundable * deposit to secure your hotel and other charges. They also don’t tell you that you have to leave out on a Monday or Tuesday or you will be charged extra. The ways they handle business in the Novi Call Center is a disgrace. I would never recommend that anyone go to a presentation, buy a timeshare from this company or even work for them.
Me
  26th of Aug, 2008
I am happy to say I did not fall for the Bluegreen pitch. Buyer beware--if a company won't let you spend a few days looking over their contract, they have something to hide. And as for the nastygram from Phillip Smith, I don't understand why so many Bluegreen owners are so hateful. Is it because you resent those of us who sat through the pitch and took our freebies and ran? Maybe because you are the ones paying for our free vacations and dinners and show tickets with your "maintenance fees"? I believe you are the loser--my family and I enjoyed two days at a great amusement park compliments of Bluegreen--and its owners.

My advice--if you have a half day to waste and you're hard up for free stuff (we're having some tough times financially, so the only way we were going to afford the amusement park tickets was to sit through the Bluegreen pitch), go ahead. But I would NEVER sign up with these people based on the volumes of internet complaints. There appear to be some satisfied customers, but maybe they are just lucky. I can't imagine anyone being totally pleased with a purchase they made on impulse after a high-pressure sales pitch. Would you buy a house without taking the time to read the fine print? Would you sign a contract obligating you to thousands of dollars without letting a lawyer read it first? Listen to the pitch, don't ask too many questions, take your free stuff--and run!
An
  13th of Sep, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
You worked in a call center. If the people on the phone aren't getting the truth, whos fault is that??? Oh wait I know, it's the fault of the person working in the call center that is giving the information. OH WAIT, the person in the call center making the calls is...YOU!!! And to top it all off...If you think the way bussiness is being conduct is "a disgrace" why would you work for them for 4 years.
  27th of Oct, 2008
Melissa,
May be its because we are fed up with people like you that know nothing about the Vacation club (you are not a member) bad mouthing something that you think you know all about.
I could call you all the names under the sun make up stories about what you get up to with groups of other people (nudge nudge).
I don't know you from Adam but those stories would stick to you like sh*t to a blanket.
Most of what you read on these complaints are about sales and not the actual product ie Bluegreen vacation Club.
If you could only get past your bitterness then you may just understand how others feel about the subject.
Bi
  8th of Nov, 2008
Melissa, you go girl-
Li
  4th of Dec, 2008
To all Bluegreen resort owners who feel they were ripped off!, have been scam thinking you are a OWNER not a CUSTOMER? I don't know about you, but I could have bought a house go to anytime I want, in some exotic place. I could take a great vacation anywhere I want with the money I pay in maintence fees which would include airfair, anything and everything I want to eat or drink. I could vacation first class all the way. Hey have to an owner's update? They all have TAN'S and try to sell you more. If your an owner and you are interest in taking action against Bluegreen vacation resorts contact me at my email address Jasski62@Hotmail.com. There might be a way out of this if we all get together and stick together. I am tired and need a real vacation without reservation.
Bi
  5th of Dec, 2008
God you must stay in some dives if you can get flights and hotel accom for the price of your mf
Ba
  14th of Feb, 2009
Don't listen to anything Phillip IDIOT Smith has to say he is the voice of bluegreen, he knows everything about bluegreen . How many owners, How many resorts, How to use your points, I bet he knows all the Staff by first names Sad isn't it. NOW LISTEN EVRYONE HE MUST BE A MEMBER STAFF. He says he has a disabled wife goes to work and holidays at bluegreen resorts two or three times a year, he's either a liar or a very rich Man, but LIAR seems more believable don't you think. And as for the comments made to melissa, he's got a dirty filthy mouth and mind. The comment about what she gets up to with groups of people NUDGE NUDGE, well Phillip i can almost see the dribble coming out of your mouth. DIRTY BOY.
Pe
  20th of Feb, 2009
Do you know what they do in the foreclosure process? We have stopped paying for ours due to my husband getting laid off and we were wandering if they will guarntee his or my income before they foreclose on us? They have all ready caused out credit to go the the crapper (okay we caused it by no paying) Just wander if you have any insight on this matter

Thanks
Pearl
  10th of Jul, 2009
Barbara,
I see that you have not digested what Philip wrote to me it seems he was making up a story about this lady which had no truth in it, in the same way she made up stories about hoe bluegreen works.
if she/you cant stand the heat stay out of the kitchen
Come on you dont have to be rich to take 2 or 3 holidays a year if that is what you want to do with your money, some of us just drink it all away or put nails in coffins or even both at the same time
Li
  15th of Jul, 2009
Fraudulent. The company offered cruise through Carnival at 250.00 per person. I bought 2 tickets. Believe me, I asked every question in the book about the offer. I have tryed to book the cruise in Dec. 08, March 09, and July 09. There is nothing available, from Galveston, TX unless we pay an enourmous upgrade of 1450.00. They are deceiving and fraudulent to what they are selling. I called Carnival Cruise Lines today and they are not sold out of the economy rooms, as a matter of fact, there are many available. Vacation Tour and Travel need to have their doors closed.
Cu
  15th of Dec, 2009
I just got hung up on when blue green resorts was told I wasn't giving out my credit card information. the rep just hung up the phone on me. RIght after she had told me about such a great offer which I supposedly signed up for but can't remember.

so beware of such great offers. Oh yeah and they offered me free airline too only to tell me that it would be at discounted rate later.

If it's sounds too good it is . Anyway I already have a timeshare and this was definitely a hard sell and too quick to close the sale. they must have given out two pages of information that i was supposed to write down so I could redeem.
Jo
  19th of Mar, 2010
???? Blue green is awsome! I'm always given honest caring customer service. And I've owned 10 yrs. And friends and family who recently purchased and love it too
Sh
  12th of Apr, 2010
John Carl is full of CRAP!
If you are retired, and have all the time in the world to go to a resort at a crappy time of the year, or at the last minute then yes, absolutly you'd be happy. These ### pray on hard working middle class WORKING!!! families by selling "FLEXIBILITY, AVAILABILTY, AFFORDABILITY". They know for a fact it doesn't work that way. YET, they lie their A$$es off just to get that commission check. These ### are bottom feeding puss trolls.
Bluegreen will tell you anything to get you to sign that contract. Anyone who gets on here and cries about "Well you should have read your contract" is one of those parasites trying to distract anyone reading this thread from the trust. Bluegreen is nothing more than a nest of thieves and liars.
One last thing...John Carl, If you are so pleased with Bluegreen...why in the hell are you at https://www.complaintsboard.com posting???? Suspect John Carl...very suspect.
Sh
  13th of Apr, 2010
Lord Buttholes...You ARE an employee, and a septic dweller. My god...you sound just like an 'fing Bluegreen advertisment. Proof positive you are one of the coven you ###.

I've spent days, weeks, and months trying to get something for the money I've wasted on this nightmare. So have hundreds of other victims.

FACTS ARE FACTS YOU LOSER...WHY ELSE WOULD YOU COME TO THIS SITE. You've made 26 posts here at this site alone under this ONE pseudoname playing cheerleader for Bluegreen. You make me sick you lying piece of feces.

26 posts...and your not a sales slut???? Bull S#$t...

The only people who could love the company are the gutter trash that get the opportunity through Bluegreen to steal from hard working people. The Yahoo Group is nothing more than a bait and switch mechanism for the snakes that work this scam.

Liars, Thiefs, Parasites and ###. That is all they are...that is all you are.

Bluegreen Vacations Logo Bluegreen Vacations