Blue World Pools / they scammed, lied and stole

On July 5th, we had salesmen at our home to consider buying a pool. After 4 hours of deal making we had signed up and put a deposit on a $22, 000 pool that was promised to be installed in 2wks. The very next morning, I called to cancel the order. The customer service rep. Told me he would send my deposit back to me and there wouldn't be any problems. 4wks later, they call to inform me I can't cancel they were going to put a lean on my house, and make me pay for the pool. After scamming a little more, we thought we couldn't do anything about it. We find out our check was cashed and were guaranteed a pool installed by 8-15, well this morning I get a letter in the mail stating that their lenders are being "picky" and they can't finance a pool at this time. It's 2 months later, the end of summer and we have no pool, we lied to and robbed!BLUE WORLD POOLS IS A JOKE!!!

Va

Comments

Az
  30th of Oct, 2008

Contact your bank, and dispute the check they cashed. Generally, you have 3 biz days to cancel a contract, no harm, no foul. Always follow up a phone call with a letter confirming your conversation, who you spoke with, the date, etc.

If you can't get help from the bank, file suit in your county/city court for all sorts of things - like theft, breach of contract (I hope you have one!), etc. Check the wikis for more ideas on what to sue for. Or call an attorney - it may be the best $150 you will spend.

Best wishes.

Ag
  12th of Nov, 2008

It really depends on the form of which your deposit was made how to go about receiving your refund. I can assure you Blue World Pools, Inc. is more than happy to refund your deposit. I apologize for the incovenience, but look forward to making you happy and satisfied. Please contact Sean @ 1 800 706 0907 ext 3031 as soon as possible to discuss your particular experience so Blue World Pools, Inc. will have a better understanding of how to meet and exceed your expectations.