Blue Haven Pools / fraud and scam!

1 VA, United States Review updated:

In 2004, I got estimates from several pool companies for an in-ground pool. Decided to use Blue Haven. Signed a contract and they arrived in May to start the job. Signed an additional excavation contract and gave them a check for several thousand dollars. The starting digging and 8 hours later, and after a 20x16x4-6' hole in my yard, they said they needed more money to remove the dirt from the yard. I pointed out the excavation contract I signed and that it didn't say anything about the dirt. They made a phone call, my sales rep then called me and said to read the contract. I told him I had and maybe he should to and that I would not be giving them more money. They packed up and left. The next morning they arrived, loaded up their equipment, dumped the dirt back in the yard and left for good. When I called Blue Haven and demanded a refund of my money, plus my deposit paid, minus the fee stated in the contract for excavation, they said they'd get back to me. Haven't heard from them in 4 years. Today, the case is now in litigation. My original salesman has since moved to another pool company and had the audacity to write me a letter asking me to refer him to other people. Yeah right! Don't use Blue Haven pools for anything.

Comments

Ch
  9th of Mar, 2008

Gl
  9th of Jun, 2008

I feel so stupid for using Blue Haven Pools of the Gulf Coast. I have been overcharged for everything. After they broke my driveway and wanted to just patch it, they also stuck one of their trucks on my neighbors property. Guess who cleaned that up. After the pool was installed we decided to get the Hayward Phantom pool cleaner. The cleaner is great but, every other pool company that I've talked to has the cleaner and installation for about half of what I paid Blue Haven. They also charged me for the colored light and installed the generic clear one. They had to come back and install the colored one after the pool was filled. The light is falling out of the side of the pool. My pool is only 4 months old... I can't wait to see what happens next.

Da
  24th of Jan, 2010

the northern va office of blue haven is known to industry insiders as a company with an agenda. This agenda is to build sub par pools with no supervision. IM so sorry this happened to you I wish everyone would think twice before signing with this company

Jo
  15th of Jun, 2011

This complaint was obviously written by Blue Haven's competition. There is not nor ever was a customer by the name of Cheryl Lumsden in the Virginia office. There is no pending litatation or ever has been from this person. How can honest inteligent people even believe this hogwash. When you are the biggest company out there, every pool company is targeting you.

Na
  4th of Jun, 2017

Funny how the responses from people that don't exist are "this is a competitor" crap. Family member or fake profile to write that one. Openly disclosing customer names is a violation of their privacy. I hope Cheryl sues you for that also.
I wouldn't allow Blue Haven to flush my toilets out if they were overflowing into my kitchen.
My favorite review statement was, "they will promise you the moon then hand you a flashlight and a bill because the batteries are extra".
Bait and switch scam and good luck if they show up when promised. I'm sure I'll get a rebuttal statement, since they spend their time addressing bad reviews online, but you won't see them on the jobsite. RUNNNNN David I wish I would have seen your review.