Bloomex / Dead flowers

1 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I purchased three dozen roses to be delivered on Valentines Day. When they arrivede, several of the roses were broken and most of them were black. It was obvious that they had frozen. So far I have made numerous attempts to contact Bloomex, with no response. I will be contacting my credit card company to try to get a refund...

Br

Comments

• Yv
      14th of Nov, 2008

a new number for those who cant reach bloomex during regular hours ... try the owner at home ... 613 783 0889

17th of Nov, 2008

When ordering from bloomex be sure to read the policies, they count on you not reading them and then you kick your butt for not... pay close attention to the $9.99 charge to pick up the dead flowers they send 2 or 3 days late... then the time you waste trying to get someone to help you.
    !!! buyer*beware!!!

25th of Nov, 2008

Terms of use -

Services and conditions of use
    As part of our service, we agree to provide you with information and other services that we may decide to offer, subject to the terms of this agreement. upon notice published through the service, we may modify this agreement at any time. you agree and continue to agree to use our services in a manner consistent with all applicable laws and regulations and in accordance with the terms and conditions set out in the policies and guidelines outlined below. please note that you will be referred to as 'customer' in this agreement.
    Rules for online conduct
    By using the service, you agree that you will not attempt to undermine the integrity of this web site.
    Limitation of liability and warranty
    Customer agrees that use of the service is entirely at customer's own risk. services are provided 'as is, ' without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation any warranty for information, services, uninterrupted access, or products provided through or in connection with the service, including without limitation the software licensed to the customer and the results obtained through the service. specifically, we disclaim any and all warranties, including without limitation: 1) any warranties concerning the availability, accuracy or content of information, products or services; and 2) any warranties of title or warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
    This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior, negligence, or under any other cause of action. customer specifically acknowledges the service is not liable for the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other customers or third-parties and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with customer.
    Neither the service nor any of its agents, affiliates or content providers shall be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of use of the service or inability to gain access to or use the service or out of any breach of any warranty. customer hereby acknowledges that the provisions of this section shall apply to all content on the service. we are not responsible for late deliveries caused by acts of god (weather conditions, storms, hurricanes, earth quakes, etc...) and no refunds will be issued for these reasons.
    Trademarks
    All trademarks appearing on the service are trademarks of their respective owners.

• Mi
      26th of Nov, 2008

Yvonne, it is very unfortunate that your disdain for your recent employer has resulted in you posting malicious, defamatory statements, to which you will be held accountable. we found it necessary to clarify some of your nonfactual remarks, so that your posts included with ours will reflect the correct information regarding bloomex.

1- pay structure and breaks - yes, you are not paid for breaks, or your lunch. however, you signed a contract before commencing your employment, which stipulated all these conditions of employment. you agreed, no one forced your to sign the contract, you had the opportunity to decline the position once your read the terms, but you did not.
    A) breaks you did not take - the system records when you log on, make available, make busy and log off. you tried to claim break times on your pay, and you were caught. consequently, you were not paid for it.
    B) your incorrect email deduction - you are given a print out of the incorrect email you have been deducted for at each pay. you can verify for yourself that the emails are incorrect. you make it seem as though bloomex just randomly picks a figure to deduct off your pay, which is incorrect - you get the list of incorrect emails for your own verification.
    C) as for slavery -$10 per hour plus bonuses is a respectable pay considering you are working from home and not subjected to typical expenses such as gas, wear and tear on your vehicle, proper office attire, etc not to mention the convenience of not sitting in rush hour traffic, time traveling to and from work, office politics, etc.

Perhaps the most ridiculous part of your posts is you claiming breaks are unpaid, you don't get paid to take a pee, you get deducted for incorrect emails (which is done to ensure quality and accurate work ethics), etc, which you knew about before and during your employment.

2- the infamous computer glitch - angela sent the email to all operators, she stated there was a glitch, as it was easier to say glitch to operators, then to attempt to explain a system that they do not know, understand or even have access to. the "glitch" in which angela referred to is not a "glitch", it's an adjustment of taxes from province to province. depending on the province which places the order, it default's the tax increment to alberta, and the tax amount is adjusted after the credit card information is entered, as it processes the correct province of origin's tax amount. so your defamatory statement of bloomex "ripping off all orders" is false, you made this statement without even knowing the system. of course, we felt it unnecessary to explain this to operators, as they do not have access to the administration system.

3- privacy policy at bloomex - we want to make this perfectly clear: we at bloomex have never sold, leased, loaned, given away in any form or fashion credit card information. our system doesn't store credit card information, and ms. yvonne belanger would not know this as she has never had access to the administrative system. if, ms. belanger retained any personal customer information for her own gain or profit, she is violation of the contractual agreement she signed, and the privacy act.

4- personally attacking other employees - your malicious, rude comments personally attacking other employees is completely uncalled for. your immense hatred towards megan and angela is unwarranted and unfounded. your comments are disrespectful, considering no one at bloomex has ever personally attacked you or your character, you should consider exercising the same discipline.

5- your behavior - yvonne belanger, you have malevolently and continuously harassed employees at bloomex. you have repeatedly called our 1-800 number to tell operators they are ripping people off, and that they in turn will be ripped off. you, yvonne have illegally placed orders with "fake" credit card information. you have retained bloomex client emails, and sent them deceptive spiteful emails. you post fictitious "emails" from alleged employees and dimitri, to which you cannot substantiate. you have obsessively posted your dishonest remarks repeatedly. you created this drama over purportedly being underpaid for 3 hours, to which was graciously pointed out to you as breaks, has spiraled into chaotic fabricated allegations and deceitful accusations. the most disturbing behavior is you have uttered death threats to both angela and dimitri, you have continuously called at harassed the office, all of your actions have resulted in the police being contacted.
    The police have advised you that we have had no other choice but to get a restraining order against you because of your unlawful and reckless behavior.

6- claims regarding your pay - in regards to your claim for your pay, you are not owed any compensation, as you did not fulfill your contractual obligations which you agreed to abide by.

We do wish you the best in future endeavors, however you will find it difficult to find employment if you continue to illicitly breach company privacy policies and contractual obligations.

Michelle robitaille

Bloomex Flowers Canada
    Ottawa
    Ontario
    bloomex.ca

Thank you for your excellent service. I visited and stayed two days with an old McGill medical school classmate and his wife out in Abbotsford, and I am glad I had the opportunity to use your services to send a "thank you" boquet to them, which they obviously appreciated. I will definitely order from Bloomex again, til then best of luck in your business and keep up the good work!

Pamela Corrathers

28th of Nov, 2008

Ma'am no offense but this really isn't relevant to consumers nor is it going to improve your situation. It definately isn't relevant to this site. Also, don't you think it is counter productive to your efforts to post all your information online including how much money you made? In a time where privacy is so important to consumers, you are posting all this information about yourself including your email address and earnings. It is unlikely that the company will pay you anything if you keep posting similar things. I know I wouldn't pay you.

If you have an employment contract, you are better to go through the courts if a company owes you money. Also, judges take into account almost everything so every post you make and all the information you give works against you in a court of law. More importantly, you are giving away any information that you have that the company is not aware of.

Also, no one knows who you are talking about when you mention names of people in the company. Maybe this is a conversation that should happen between you and the company and not on an online complaints board.

28th of Nov, 2008

Thank You appreciate your advice ..

1st of Dec, 2008

I ordered flowers from Bloomex in Edmonton for someone in hospital. I did not see the product (in real) and I was told it has been delivered in time.

The Bloomex website shows great quality/price and the delivery is fast. My friend didn't tell me about the flowers while she was at the hospital. But when I met her days later she kissed me and thanked me for the beautiful flowers she received from Bloomex.

1st of Dec, 2008

Exceptional service! After placing an order with Bloomex for delivery to my daughter in Red Deer, AB, I was informed that my daughter's work address had changed, and I was sending her the flowers to the old address. I contacted Bloomex, where the service rep was very pleasant and corrected the delivery address for me right away. The flowers arrived on time the next day as requested, my daughter put them on her desk at work because she "wanted to share their beauty with everyone". Great service and wonderful flowers.

16th of Dec, 2008
    Bloomex Canada Flower Delivery - Order not delivered
    Ontario
    bloomex.ca

I made an order worth 35 dollars which is about 2000 Indian rupees, I thought the gift would reach my girlfriend before she leaves for Toronto, but who knew the worse was about to happen.
    I was robbed of my money I don't think the money will come back neither will the parcel that was sent to her has ever reached.

Not only these people break relations, they are worse then robbers they should be jailed for such offense.

If there is any cyber law I wish to use it against them

19th of Dec, 2008

Need to get ripped off, need to waste your christmas money? if you do order bloomex. ca this company will guarantee to rip you off.. try getting someone to help you after you have placed your order and they have your money lol... thats a joke, customer service has a script and if you don't like the script they disconnect you.
    The point is to frustrate you enough that you say screw it, I only spent 60$ no big deal, they count on this thats why you are ignored continually.
    Check out all complaint sites and the better business bureau before ordering with bloomex. ca save yourself the aggrivation..!!!
    Have a nice day...
    Bloomex doesnt pay ex employee's thier last pay either, dimtri doesnt pay you unless you lie for him. he prefers we go to court and that works for me. so I will see him in court and I will keep letting people know what kind of business he runs and what kinds of person he is.. he is a crook and would no doubt rob his own mother if he could... crook crook crook crook... lousy buisnessman and not much of a decent human being...
    Sincerely yvonne
    Ex employee

• In
      24th of Dec, 2008
    Bloomex - Ontario, London - Non -delivery/Poor products
    England, Greater London
    United Kingdom

Really bad experiebce with the company - Twice

Once in September - Ordered roses... Delivery was late by a day/ Flowers were poor quality (old and withered)and they changed the colour from red to pink... apparently they have some sort of a substitution policy... No refund or product replacement offered. Sent them pics of the product and according to them the roses were in 'acceptable' condition.

December - I thought it would be a one off so tried using them again ... This time used same day guranteed delivery... 3 days later and the order hasnt shown up yet... Have contacted them and each time they say they need to contact their production dept and they would email me (this has happened 3 times and havent heard back from them again)
    They then promised delivery yesterday before 12noon ... needless to say nothing turned up .

I for one will not be using this company again .

• Br
      23rd of Jan, 2009
    Bloomex, Bloomex.com - Non Delivery, Rude, Terrible
    `
    Vancouver
    British Columbia
    bloomex.com

Can not be trusted for delivery. do not order from t his company.

They promise same day delivery but do not deliver. I order a 200 dollar basket and told them it needed to be delivered before 4pm. I ordered it at 11am. 2 days later the basket has not been delivered. they have no telephone support for orders. you can call and make an order but no one will help you with an existing order. the women was extremely rude on the phone when she finally called me back. she told me they do not guarentee delivery before 5pm - but the person who took my order told me it was no problem. two days later the package has not arrived.

When I called my card company, they told me I was the second complaint about bloomex that day.

11th of Feb, 2009

Good day,

I order some flower on jan 27 to be delivery feb 10 and the order # 863326 and I paid extra money for morning delivery.

At lunch time feb 10 I phoned my wife and no flower was ever delivery to her. so I went on live help to complaint and the lady told me after she look into the matter that the flower will be delivery before 5.00 pm so much for paying extra for early delivery. she said she will send a request so I could be reimbursed.

My wives stay at work until 4:45 on feb 10 to see if the flower will be delivery. no show

Feb 11 at lunch time I phoned my wife to see if she received the flower still no delivery. gilbert from bloomex said she should refuse the flower because more than likely they are dead.

At around 14:15 feb 11 the driver delivery the flower. he was to chicken to face my wife. he drops the flower on the first desk that he saw. than he left right away. my wives look at the flower and they are all dead, damage and smell smoke. she is allergic to smoke, since when the driver are allow to smoke in their delivery truck?

I phone canpar to find out from them that the flower left calgary on saturday for a 3.5 hrs drive to edmonton.

What happen to the flower between saturday to wednesday?

It is a very long time for the flower to be sitting somewhere.

The lady at canpar told me the flower left the warehouse in edmonton on monday.

Why the flowers were not delivery on monday?

She also mention no way I should paid for the fee to return the flower to bloomex because it canpar driver fault.

Now bloomex keep arguing with me that I have to pay the $10.00 fee for return to sender. we want the flower to be return and refund my entire fee not because we don’t like them. because canpar driver took to long to delivery and they were all dead, damage and smell like smoke.

It like if you order a pizza and the driver delivery the pizza the next day all cold and wet. of course you will refuse the pizza. than the pizza manager said by the way you have to pay a fee to send the pizza back to us.

Please look into this matter. I hope the driver from canpar will get fire for not doing his job right.

I am away from home for 6 months and it was something that I want to do to make my wife happy on her birthday. it turns out to be a disaster.

Yvon

• Da
      12th of Feb, 2009

i had fun today ordered 12 white roses 24 red roses an 1 vase.paid for delivery between 9am to 13pmthe next day this is my adventure first white roses not white but light pink 2.not vase i order was square not round 3.rose were different sizes and length 4.allmixed up in vase short in the middle long looks like i went to cematery and stuffed them in a vase. 5 roses are open some wilting.delivery was to be next day between 9am to 13pm no why not send it the same day paid 13.99 for that reason.when would have cost 9.99 my daughter was home thk god 6 now wife know 1 gift before valentines day.before you pay check because i paid more then advertised price all this for 168.00 what value i did learn never to buy anything online again.i ask for refund they respond send pictures and they will replace order when next valentines day i did send pictures and waiting not impressed with customer service i was fair and asked them to replace flowers and save the day no answer will try quebec better business bureau thk danny

9th of Apr, 2009

With regards to my order, I have received notice from the recipient - Uxbridge receiver of the floral arrangement who tells me she was absolutely overwhelmed with the beautiful arrangement you prepared. I thank you so much. This was my first order with Bloomex and definitely not my last, your staff were extremely helpful, and courteous and the confirmation of delivery is very reassuring. Thank you again, Jo-Ann

• Ro
      28th of Oct, 2009

Hello I purchased flowers from bloomex.ca after the fact I surfed online and came across all these complaints and so I was actually expecting the worse. I am sorry for those who had a bad experience, however for one the delivery was on time actually some earlier which worked out great and the flowers although not as the picture were beautiful. One must keep in mind as well that the flowers it also depends on the seasons or when they are available as they do say this on the site.

My overall experience with them was very good and I would purchase from them again.

Rosie

• Ri
      24th of Dec, 2009
    Bloomex - Delivered wrong item
    Nova Scotia
    Canada

If you order a flower arrangement for your Mother-in-law's Christmas present and the company don't have the flowers to send to her you would expect them to contact you and say so giving alternatives to your gift. Instead, Bloomex took it upon themselves to send a gift basket, which they couldn't tell me the contents of. Upon complaint they never came up with a solution to this predicament and on asking for a refund they then tried to charge me to pick up the unwanted, and unordered gift. This is still ongoing...

DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY

I think this is the worst online experience I have ever had.

• Al
      19th of Jan, 2010
    Bloomex - Never use them
    bloomex.ca

I ordered an Orchid Plant to be delivered to friend of mine who had just returned home after burying her mother. The orchid was delivered on the date requested, however it was delivered in sorry condition. It was boxed but laying on it's side & quite disheveled. Several petals were bent.Instead of real "dirt soil " it looks like bark mulch with the spidery roots exposed completely. I contacted customer service and they requested I take a picture of the product to prove the condition (they stated their customer service is to require this before they will investigate the claim). I stated that was not possible as my friend lives a 13hr. drive away, and considering what she's been through, the last thing she needs it to have to start taking photos to prove that the product THEY delivered in poor condition is indeed in poor condition. The last e-mail in which I insisted they deliver a new orchid and determine upon pick-up if the story of its condition is correct has been ignored since this morning. Their policy (if that is indeed their policy) is customer hostile- as in - The end-receiver has to prove to them that the condition of the flowers was poor before they will do anything about. How embarrassing as a giver to have this sort of product delivered.

I WILL NOT ORDR FROM THEM AGAIN.

• Kl
      19th of Jan, 2010
    Bloomex - Stay far away
    bloomex.ca

I've ordered flowers with a vase and a teddy bear from this Ontario based company two days in advance, to be delivered in Toronto. I've also paid a premium for morning delivery.

Not only were the flowers not delivered in the morning, the order was wrong and I was unable to get an update as to its status as this company does not have live customer service representatives and the online help has no authority to respond to anything beyond the simplest inquiries.

I would highly recommend that you do not order from them as smaller, local flower shops offer much better and reliable service at similar prices.