BitDefender / bad service & bad product

1 NC, United States Review updated:

The product worked for about six months, then wouldn't update. CSR had me reinstall 2010 version but that made things worse. I spent close to two months with CSR after CSR, always being told that I would receive an email within 24 hours, but I wouldn't. They would have me jump throught hoop after hoop doing things that were supposedly going to get rid of my problem but it seemed that the real reason was just to stall. Was finally told that I would not get a refund. Then I told them that would blog about their poor product and service. After that, I was told that I would get a refund. But I had already started my promise; I can't be bought off. I wasted HOURS with them. Don't BUY!

Dj

Comments

• Ra
      25th of Feb, 2010

Hi! DJJohns

I am Raluca, a member of the BitDefender team. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that we have caused. We understand that running software can sometimes cause different issues, especially a security product which is designed to protect the entire system of any threat. However, according to our refund policy, we can issue a refund within the first 30 days from the date of purchase. You have our entire attention and we will do our best to solve your situation in a professional way, even by refund, if there are on-going issues that our technicians could not solve. Please send us your contact details directly by email, phone or by LiveAssistance http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Main/contactEmail/ so that we can reach you and investigate what happened.
    Thank you!

• St
      20th of Feb, 2011

Besides Bitdefender being a very poor product, slowing down one's machine and preventing important Java applications from running with no fix, Bitdefender uses FALSE ADVERTISING. Yes, they boast 24/7 free phone support, but they have cancelled their 800 number. They will email you a 900 number for which you pay a fortune to wait on hold! I bet they make more money with you waiting on their 900 number than they doo selling software, like a hooker with her 900 number.