Bill Me Later / late fees, finance charges, missing bills

1 Friendship, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 240-441-5251

I had problems with them also. First of all no billing statements, then finally after four or five months you get one, with late fees and finance charges out the wazoo. Did you ever notice the 42.74% annual percentage rate. Is this legal? DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE. IT WAS FOR CONVENIENCE, AND BELIEVE ME THERE IS NO CONVENIENCE, ONLY MISHAPS AND AGGRAVATION AND BAD CREDIT REMARKS BECAUSE OF THEM.

Ca

Comments

• He
      30th of Nov, 2008

Hello,
    I work for Bill Me Later and came across your recent comments. If you are still interested, I'd like to help follow up on your experience using our service. Please feel free to contact me via email at your earliest convenience: Heather.Fields@billmelater.com

Sincerely,
    Heather Fields
    Bill Me Later, Inc.
    Heather.Fields@billmelater.com

• Na
      18th of Feb, 2009

I have had an almost identical experince to yours. I opened an account several years ago at a different mailing address. When I moved a couple of years later, I made a new purchase with Bill Me Later and changed my E-mail address and billing address MULTIPLE TIMES. I did not hear anything for MONTHS when all of a sudden I started receiving collections calls from Bill Me Later. The first few phone calls they claimed not to have the new address, then in later phone calls they claimed to have mailed the bills - but I find it extremely difficult to believe that I did not receive MULTIPLE bills. Very mysterious how I receive bills from everyone else without any problems . . . When the collections calls kicked in again a few months later and I informed them that yet I again I had not received a bill in the mail they then decided to inform I had apparently elected to receive E-mail statements only MONTHS EARLIER? Even if this were the case, I never received Email statements. When I finally began receiving E-mail statements they were sent only the afternoon BEFORE they are due - oh and be sure to notice they are due by 4 pm EST???? And my interest rate is 64.83%!!! MY EXPERIENCE WITH BILL ME LATER WAS ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. IT IS A SCAM AND A RIP OFF. My $45 flower purchase became a practically $200 flower purchase and a huge headache. I am disappointed at the number of site that endorse Bill Me Later's services. THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU NEEDS TO INVESTIGATE THIS!

• Do
      23rd of Feb, 2010

I have had nothing but problems with bill me later - I have NEVER received a bill until it was already late. No bill ever shows up before it has late charges already printed on it - I have a friend who has had the identical problem with them. In fact, the first time I mentioned bill me later he shook his head and said "Late fee scam" - they claim to have sent the bill and claim it has never arrived back to them yet somehow the bill with the late fee attached always arrives just fine. This is a class action suit waiting to happen.