Bidz / barbara t.

BIDZ.COM BUYER BEWARE!!!

I saw an advertisement on yahoo for the Bidz.com auction.
I purchased 2 diamond & tanzanite rings for approximately
$1800.00. The pictures showed the stones to be bright & colorful
but upon receiving them, one of the tanzanite stones was visibly cracked.
I took both pieces to a local jeweler & he confirmed that the quality of the
stones was poor at best never mind the obvious crack.
Because of the 15% restocking fee the company charges on all returns,
most consumers end up keeping the merchandise & sucking it up as
a painful lesson. Please, please, don't purchase ANYTHING FROM BIDZ.COM!
It is a total rip-off. Shame on any website that advertises this company.
I can't believe that the BBB allows this company to continue doing business?
Only in America?

Ba

Comments

• Ya
      20th of Feb, 2009

...I have bought here and never had any problems...I bought 3 lovely Mirabelle Pendant Necklaces and they are the real deal!!! I love shopping here!

• Sk
      22nd of Feb, 2009

Bidz is a ripoff. They have been spaming craigslist via redirectors such as auction.ult5.com or gch5.com.

• Sk
      15th of Mar, 2009

They also use jewelrybidsite.com.

• Th
      4th of Apr, 2009

Don't forget isaybid.com which spams the heck out of craigslist.

• Xc
      16th of Dec, 2009

Just be aware, many positive remarks about bidz.com here and on other sites are fake, they are posted by Bidz own staff or agents.

Thing is, complaints here are valuable in informing people about the unscrupulous dealings of Bidz.com but best thing we can all do, is start making complaints to the relevant authorities and by flooding the directors of bidz email boxes.

Complaints can be made to...

Culver City Police. www.culvercitypolice.com. They are located at 4040 Duquesne Avenue, Culver City, and their phone number is. (310) 837-1221
    The FBI, IC3. https://complaint.ic3.gov/ctf.aspx
    Federal Trade Commission. http://www.ftc.gov/
    Better Business Bureau. http://www.bbb.org/us/
    Securities and Exchange Commission. http://www.sec.gov/
    US Department of Commerce. http://www.commerce.gov
    And anyone else you might think of. I have!

Bidz directors email addresses are...

CEO / David Zinberg. david@bidz.com
    President / CTO / Leon Kuperman. lkuperman@bidz.com
    CFO / Lawrence Kong. lawrence@bidz.com
    COO / Claudia Liu. claudia@bidz.com
    CCO / Larry Russell. larry@bidz.com
    Vice President / Executive Secretary / Marina Zinberg. marina@bidz.com
    Auctions Manager / Vilius Zukauskas. vilius@bidz.com
    Don't bother with customer services, there's a contradiction in terms. Go directly to the top people and flood their email boxes.

Don't forget, when approaching the authorities, where you can, provide any evidence you have. Emails, photographs, copies of bidz web site pages, anything that might be relevant. Join me in a campaign to bring these fraudsters down, it is time we did.

Cheers,
    And I hope you all have a very merry Christmas.

• Pd
      3rd of Jul, 2010

I have never ordered anything from them when I recieved these irings.

• Ki
      3rd of Jul, 2010

Yes i have bought lamborgini pictute frames and clocks that are good quality, valued at 500 for 63.00, , but u are right there is alot of junk on there, What about people that are bidding on 50, 000 cartier watches, they surely can;t give you a letter of authenticity and get away with that, or can they!!if they are fake then that is absolutly fraud!i would be very interested to know of anyone that has bought a rolex watch from them that was previously owned, that's what they say when u are bidding on them! i wonder whwn you pay the 1, 500 0n a 20, 000 watch what u are really getting, , very very interesting...

• Bi
      20th of Jun, 2011

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your purchase and we offer our sincere apologies that you were unsatisfied with your experience. We assure you that we treat all customer feedback seriously. As a result of feedback like yours, we have made some changes that will allow our customers like you to receive their orders quickly. We are sorry that it took some trial and error and that you feel you were mistreated. Fortunately by submitting this comment, you have helped us make a change for the better. We sincerely thank you for your input and would like to hear from you regarding this post or any other concerns at improvements@bidz.com.

• Bi
      20th of Jun, 2011

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time in providing feedback regarding your purchases and your experience at Bidz.com. We assure you that we treat all customer feedback and suggestions seriously. You may always contact us directly for any assistance by phone, email or bold chat. We have revised and updated our policies to improve and provide 100% satisfaction to our customers. We stand by our merchandise 100%. In case you receive a defective item or an item not as described, you may return for a full refund. We do apologize for the unsatisfactory experience you had at Bidz.com. We hope you will take the time to visit our site again to allow us to provide you with excellent service.