Better Business Bureau - BBB / Why you shouldn't trust the BBB

I filed a complaint with the BBB against a BBB member, Palm Harbor Homes; and the BBB closed my case due to the Palm Harbor sales manger lieing to them and telling them my house was completed when it was not. I informed the BBB of the dates after Palm Harbor had told them my home was "completed" that PH came to work on my house working toward completing it; also of the 14 non-compliance items the state inspector cited Palm Harbor for after Palm Harbor had told the BBB it was completed. The BBB closed my case because of PH saying my home was "completed", and Palm Harbor told them they have done everything possible to make me happy. It proves a business can lie to the BBB to get and keep a good rating, which is the very thing the BBB is supposed to protect us from.

The BBB gives Palm Harbor Homes a satisfactory rating, even though when you dig further into their information, Palm Harbor has had 83 complaints filed in the last 36 months, which I think is a lousey record.

So, don't trust the BBB, their reports are biased.

A  14th of Mar, 2008 by
I filed a complaint with the LOS ANGELES BBB against SOUTH BAY BMW. South Bay BMW lied that they fixed the problem and the LABBB accepted their statement without any proof. At the time, South Bay BMW had an F rating. Now, a year later, the Los Angeles BBB now gives South Bay BMW an A rating. Seems to me there may be some $$$ changing hands somewhere.

Better Business Bureau Logo Better Business Bureau