Complaints & Reviews

Complete fraud

Does anyone know how I can get my business name removed from the BBB website? They are a complete fraud. I declined being extorted by them any longer so they changed my rating from an A+ to an F for 'using their logo' after my membership expired. Furthermore they wiped out all of my company info and state my 20 year old business has had an open file since 'January 2009'. I sent them a letter back requesting they no longer use my trademarked name and web address and they basically told me they don't care, they'll do whatever they want. Thanks for your help. PS. No complaints. Period. F Rated. What a kick in the face huh? You'd figure they'd love business owners like me. Nope. Not when they are frauds.

BBB SCAM

BBB is the biggest SCAM ever so I do not buy anything from the companies who has a phony BBB logo. Period. They are saying nice things about company's service but truth is opposite because BBB does not care if u are dealing with BBB.logo.CRIMINAL, company. I did try to solve my huge problem with FASHION4U and unfortunately I was looking for the help from BBB. What a waist of time, it was a joke. No wonder owner of the fashion4u company was laughing out loud when I mentioned about BBB. I was confused at the time but not anymore because owner of this shady business was absolutely right. BBB company is a big SCAM so don't waist your time. This service is one of the biggest reason companies can rob your money with a smiling face and treat you like a trash. Thank you so much BBB =FRAUD!

• Ju
    Julia Sedona Jun 01, 2012

All these years that the BBB has been around, all the consumers that it has protected and helped. Now all of a sudden you want to convince people the BBB is a fraud. Are you for real? You file one fake claim against a company and the BBB can't help you because it was deemed to have no merit so you want to take out your frustration on an organization that has helped so many people.

• Wi
    wild west Jun 02, 2012

It looks like this OP is taking on a bunch of different Id's. I will let the Board know what she is doing. Apparently she's trying to slander a Dr., Vitals.com, and now the BBB. She is going my 5 or 6 different Id's.

• Wi
    wild west Jun 02, 2012

Going "by" 5 or 6 Id's, not going" my". My bad.

cheecharella Jul 22, 2016

These comments, particularly from Julia Sedona, and Wild West that insult multiple contributions posted by others, and further, claim that complaints by many are the same person, are outrageous, and also stupid and irrelevant. Whether someone chooses to post several comments or not, does not negate the veracity of the posts. Those I've read, are true to my same experience.
    The rude condemnations of the person Susan McCoy as being "a nut case", sound a lot like the emotionally abusive responses I got from the cosmetic surgeon who botched my surgeries twice... claiming I had a mental illness. Oh really? Tell that to the 3 other cosmetic surgeons I'd gone to for multiple "second" opinions, who wouldn't even perform corrective surgery, because they did not feel confident of the outcome of such a profoundly negative outcome of the surgeon, who... Has ALL FIVE star ratings on Vitals, where MY truthful, negative reviews were taken down each time I re-posted them! Further, I am a professor at a respected university, respected by my colleagues and students, and earned both my masters, and my doctorate from two of the nations most respected, Ivy league schools. So, as I was declared 'a nut case', as is the person being insulted for multiple postings of her LIKEWISE traumatic experience due to fraudulent representation by her surgeon, (and it sounds like it may even be the same as mine!), then it's likely that these all too familiar insults, are coming from the all too familiar source... the doctor or his staff. Or, if not, from ignorant contributors who would do well to read the plethora of submitted comments, by SO MANY victims. Are they ALL the same person? Ridiculous. People don't take the time to write and warn, about traumatizing experiences that are fabricated. What is the point? However, people DO take the time to write and submit false positive comments and reviews, for obvious contrived, beneficial outcome . Use common sense.

Deception

THEY ARE FULL OF LIES! Does anyone know what the BBB's grade is?? Do you know you cannot file a...

BBB - AmeriPride Tax Group - The Best Ratings Money Can Buy

I was ripped off by AmeriPride. They took me for $5, 700. They high pressured me into thinking I was going to...

Better Business Bureau Scam

The Better Business Bureau or BBB.ORG is a Scam. They are a non-profit organization where their income comes from having

businesses pay a "membership" fee. This means that businesses are the BBB's source of income (even though they don't report

income). If a business pays a membership fee, then their rating is an A or A+ rating. Business that refuse to "join" their

club have a B to F rating. Especially if the business disagrees with the BBB information.

In researching the BBB, businesses that pay for a membership receive an A or A+ rating no matter the number of complaints.

There are businesses that have over 30 complaints in 12 months with A+ ratings because they paid a membership. Where a

similar business with 22 complaints in 12 months that does not pay a membership fee has an F rating.

The BBB is just like the mafia. They strong arm, they extort, and they make you pay to play. The State and Local goverment needs to step end and stop the BBB they should not be rating any business¿ what so

ever...

BBB.org & Better Business Bureau SCAM

The BBB is just like the mafia. They strong arm, they extort, and they make you pay to play. The State and Local goverment needs to step end and stop the BBB they should not be rating any business what so

ever...

One final irony: if you have a complaint against the Better Business Bureau, you can't file it with the Better Business

Bureau. The Better Business Bureau is not a member of its own organization. However there are numerous State Attorney

General offices that are now investigating their practices. North Carolina Attorney General needs to investigate the NC

BBBs practies too. They are shady and false advertising and misleading consumers and damaging NC businesses that do not pay

for a membership.

Maybe it's all a big joke? But unfortunately consumers think the BBB is an honest organization, when actually they can

cause great damage to a business who refuses to pay their income.

Look at the Better Business Bureau 20/20 Investigation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo8kfV9kONw

Other videos on the BBB scam:

/URL removed/?p=5

SCAM

From my experience with the bbb, the complaints generally come from a customer "who wants more than he or she purchased." then the bbb will ding me for sticking to my customer policy. however, paying the bbb a yearly approximate membership fee of $500.00 can turn a "f" grade to an "a". i think that's called extortion. therefore, i don't care for the bbb.

#1 - Sun May 18, 2008 12:59 PM EDT
M. S. Jones, La Center, KY
Staying off the Bad Boy List has been easy: in the 100 years my firm has been in business we have never been investigated by the BBB; honesty is our best quality. With this in mind, I went to their site this morning, found the branch for my area, and surveyed their list of "BBB Accredited Businesses" in my field. The fact that my business was not listed begs the question: How does one get on their accredited list? This is, as you may suspect, a rhetorical question. In fact, I have been approached twice in the last three years by a telemarketer representing an organization he says is the BBB. He had one pitch: purchase a membership and my firm would be listed in their directory.

Now, as I survey the situation, perhaps it would be better to put more emphasis in squeezing the budget than delivering good service to the people in my community.

#2 - Sun May 18, 2008 3:13 PM EDT
I had a customer complain about me because she paid for her first appointment and I invited her back a second time for free due to tecnical difficulties (that were resolved). She was unhappy with how her baby was performing for the FREE appointment and requested a refund for what was a free appointment. Some people will never be happy.

#3 - Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:29 AM EDT
John Somerville
In the past 2 years I have received several phone messages from the BBB asking to call them ASAP(in an ominous sounding voice).

I used to take these calls seriously, until I found each time that they were merely trying to sell me a membership.

I had to tell them to remove me from their call list.

It is really sad to see an organization designed to promote "better business" behavior use such reprehensible sales techniques.

Just out of curiousity, to whom do you report on the BBB?

#4 - Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:29 PM EDT
Phoenix, AZ
I used to think BBB was a real benefit. I checked on a company on their accredited list and in good standing when I bought a automobile warranty only to find out the company went into bankruptcy a week after. Once the company filed for bankrupcy BBB made it seem like they did not exist and did not show the numerous complaints against them. Having "no" complaints translates as they are a good company especially for elderly people that feel the BBB is a "real" watchdog. If you ask the BBB about the reputation of a company in bankruptcy you will not get an answer. I agree with the first comment above that its called extortion to be on their accredited list. So when BBB calls me to sell it I take the time to explain this to the sales representative. Translation We canceled our membership with BBB and We will not pay for the fake accreditation.

#5 - Tue Aug 5, 2008 11:59 AM EDT
Greg, Vista, California
Better Business Bureau ratings are just one factor that should be taken into account when researching a business.

#6 - Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:34 AM EDT
John Doe, Palm Springs
The BBB is the biggest scam in the world. Your rating is solely based on the amount of money you pay them. If you are not a member, your rating will be "D" or "F". I got an "F" rating with no complaints.

A business affiliate was asked for and paid thousands in cash bribes so the BBB would be fair with them, and they still got an "F" rating.

They should all be in jail, and not be reporting on which businesses are good and bad.

#7 - Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:39 PM EST
J Gonzales
I agree to all of these conversations above. It can never be determind unless we can track each sale and ask each customer if they checked the BBB before buying. I can tell you that there are people who hold your rating over your head as well. If you are a member (which I refuse to be) They harass you and threaten to give everything they ask for or else, to the customers wo you sell a wholesale, unassembeled scooter witha free helmet and they complain to the BBB that the helmet did not arrive exactly when the scooter did when they were told items would ship seperatly. It seems "stupid glue" happens to all sorts of good businesses out there and the BBB simply cares for those who spend now 500.00 annually to be a member of thier non-government agency. We have a competetor who has the same track record as our biz and they somehow have an A+ and us non-members have an F? What happened to A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, C-, C, D+, D, D-??? There is no possible way when the BBB states 24% of the biz reported have an F that statistically means somthing is wrong with thier system. Or is it since its only a negative reporting system the only biz on there are those who have mostly bad customers. Very sad to see. And yes, did you know you cannot complain about the BBB on the BBB. Whom do you report a complaint about the BBB prectices to?? Id like to know.

#8 -

• Gr
    Gregr Jan 28, 2011

BBB rates mylife.com an A+, despite 1, 175 complaints against mylife.com Sounds fair, right? Also, I filed a complaint with CareerBuilder for constantly accepting advertising from a company, ROI, that is actually F rated by the BBB (lawsuits). CareerBuilder continues to run the ads. So I filed a complaint against CareerBuilder. They continue to have an A rating from BBB, despite accepting advertising dollars from a known F rated company.

Fruad

I got ripped off from the BBB. How-so . I did buniess with Homerescuellc.net They are listed in BBB as A at time time i checked out the company just to find out they dont have a license . Their e-Mail sigunure EVEN says listed in BBB and linced . Now the company took my 4, 500 and never answered my emails

I blam you BBB !
Here is a BBB Investigation SPREAD THE WORD THEY ARE SCAMMERS
Better Business Bureau 20/20 Investigation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo8kfV9kONw

SCAM

The Better Business Bureau is a private company, and is in no way associated with the Government or the State Bar. They take annual fees from companies that want a high rating and to be accredited on their site. Anyone can make a comment on the BBB, good or bad, even if they have never been a client, and it’s not properly investigated, and once it’s listed on the site, the complaint cannot be removed, even if services have been fully completed, the client has been fully refunded, or even if it’s an erroneous comment or complaint by a disgruntled employee or business competitor. ABC News and 20/20 recently did an investigation on them and determined through undeniable documented proof that they are a scam and not a accurate or reliable source for consumers to interpret opinions of businesses, please view the following links:

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w6Oick8x48
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT_BfidEBdM&feature=channel
3. http://articles.latimes.com/2009/jan/21/business/fi-lazarus21
4. http://blog-bbb.com/2010/04/corrine-brown-alerts-congress-of-the-bbb%E2%80%99s-unfair-treatment-of-small-businesses/
5. http://www.ericgreenspan.com/me/better-business-bureau-for-who/
6. /URL removed/
7. http://www.bbbroundup.com/BBBblog/blog1.php/2010/01/30/labbbcomplaints
8. http://www.thebluesmokeband.com/bbb.php
9. http://www.city-data.com/forum/business/769485-better-business-bureau-bbb-scam.html
10. http://www.topix.com/forum/county/orange-fl/TN5HRV9EG2MMIOCV9
11. /URL removed/
12. http://www.mechanicsresponds.com/Better_Business_Bureau_Complaints_Received%20-%20BBB%20Unfair.htm
13. http://www.bbbroundup.com/Aug27-2010.html

• 20
    20/20 Investigates Nov 23, 2010

TOTALLY

• 20
    20/20 Investigates Nov 23, 2010

SCAM BUSINESS

THE BIGGEST SCAM EVER.. SEE WHAT GOOD MORNING AMERICA AND 20/20 SAID ON ABC. DON'T PAY THE BBB A DIME...

BBB ratings do not reflect consumer complaints

1. Complaints filed with the BBB are not reflected in a business' ratings. Even with multiple complaints a business can have an A+ rating.

2. When a consumer does not accept a business' offer to settle, the BBB closes an issue without any discussion and classifies these unsettled disputes as "Administratively Closed." The BBB defines "Administratively Closed" issues as "administratively judged resolved, " even though there was absolutely no resolution. They should be called "Unresolved Disputes" and negatively affect a business' ratings.

For an organization that has "Start With Trust" at the top of their website, the BBB ratings cannot be trusted.

Loses credibility with Businesses

The BBB is under investigation by the Attorney General in Connecticut with good reason. The BBB went to the dark side in 2009. It went to a new rating system. When our company, a long time member at the time, went down in its rating with the BBB, we asked the local franchise owner, Judy Pepper, how she determined our rating. She said they use an algorithm they designed. We asked for the algorithm to determine how we could better our rating and she refused. Why would they keep that a secret? The Attorney General thinks maybe money is figured in.

We decided to evaluate our membership and determined that:

#1. Membership in the BBB is a COMPLAINT MAGNET. Our complaints grew 4 times over once we joined.

#2. The BBB does not care about being fair to businesses it only counts complaints.

We looked at our competitor who had almost 4000 complaints compared to our 133 complaints in the last three years, pretty good in our industry, and wonder how they keep their A+ rating. The judgments they make are arbitrary and subjective, no objectivity that we can see. As a member all of our complaints are resolved. Once you resign your complaints become serious.

Judy Peppers BBB franchise is doing well. They just bought a new building worth millions of dollars. Their business model has changed. They make a lot of money for a non-profit. I think it is because they have gone over to the dark side. I suggest if you own a business stay away from the BBB.

fraud artists

The BBB is the worst source for business information ever. The BBB grades companies based on whether or not they pay their dues to the BBB.

bbbscamalert Oct 19, 2012

FRAUD ALERT!!! www.justanswer.com involved with bbb scamming clients out of money!!! FRAUD ALERT!! BBB involved in scam with www.justanswer.com

Email Link

View Company Profile
    Consumer Complaints & Reviews
    Theresa of Dalmellington, OTHER on Sept. 18, 2012
    Satisfaction Rating1/5

Do not use this website. I am in the UK and this is my experience. I came across this website while searching into my grandfather's illness. I decided to ask a question about the condition that was stated on my grandfather's death certificate. He died of a brain disease. There were options of prices based on how quickly you wanted your question answered. I decided to pay the lowest amount of $11 as I am in no rush for an answer as I can find out the next time about the condition when I visit my GP. The terms state that you only pay when your question is answered. They took the initial $3 deposit and the other $8 would be taken after the question was answered.
    Ads by GoogleWestpark Communications
    24/7 Live Answer Call Center Custom Solutions Since 1968 www.westparkcom.net
    Still Need Debt Relief
    Sewell Law Firm Can Still Help You Call Today For A Free Consultation! SewellLawfirm.com/Contact_Us
    Ask a Doctor Online Now
    Doctors Will Assist You in Minutes! Questions Answered Every 8 Seconds. Health.JustAnswer.com
    Scam Victim?
    Did You Get Scammed? Report Your Scam and Get Money Back Now! ScamBook.com
    10 Best Credit Cards
    Compare Credit Cards with 0% APR. Lock-in 0% APR for 18 Months Today! www.comparecards.com

A few hours after I asked my question, I was sent an email stating "We have an expert in this condition waiting to answer your question, but feel the time and effort needed to research. It is suggested that you pay $22." I ignored the email and then I received another reply from a woman, who claimed to be a moderator stating she was searching for the correct doctor to help me with my question and to let her know if I required the answer quicker or if I no longer wanted my question answered to let her know. Now that is where the catch is. I did not need the answer quickly nor did I want my question unanswered so again, I chose to ignore.
    Ads by GoogleMontel Williams Loans
    MoneyMutual® Official Site Get Cash By Tomorrow - Safe & Fast! MoneyMutual.com
    Man Cheats Credit Score
    1 simple trick & my credit score jumped 217 pts. Banks hate this! www.thecreditsolutionprogram.com
    Animoto Video Slideshows
    Create Pro-Quality Videos with Pictures and Music. Fast & Free! Animoto.com
    Attention Texas Residents
    The Texas Debt Relief Program ™ $100s of Millions in Debt Relief www.TexasStateDebtRelief.org
    Warranty Direct Deals
    Save 25% off Dealer Warranty Prices Money Back Guarantee - Free Quote! www.WarrantyDirect.com

I then received an email saying my question had been answered and to click the green button to accept. This green button once pressed is agreeing to release the rest of the money. So now they have my $11. My answer was this, "Are you asking about the condition for yourself or in case you have a child that you can pass this on to?" Well as you can see, my question was not answered but my money taken. I replied saying I was interested to find out about this condition but as I had not been given an answer and had been asked for more money, I would not be pursuing anything further and I would discuss the matter with my own doctor. I then received another reply saying, "Thank you for your question and finding out about the condition if you "wish" can be arranged, but is not necessary, but you can pass this on to a child you may have. Please rate your experience as excellent."
    Ads by GoogleSell Your Home in 10 Days
    Fill Up Our 2 Minute Online Form & Get An Offer On Your Home Today! HouseBuyerNetwork.com
    Work at Home (No Fee)
    Work at Home - $629/day. Flexible Schedule. No Scam. Start Here! TheDailyFinance.org
    Best Credit Cards of 2012
    Pay No Interest for 18 Months. Apply & Get a $100 Cash Bonus. www.CardWisdom.com/best
    2012 Top Credit Card Deal
    Apply for Best Credit Card Deals. 0% for 18 Months or $100 Cash Back. www.SmartCreditChoices.com

I decided to read and ignore as I was fuming by this answer, but decided as I had not gotten an explanatory answer to my question that I rated his answer as poor and unhelpful. I then received another message saying "Change your rating, I gave good service." I laughed out loud at his comment and politely replied stating I would not change my rating due to not having an answer to my question as the terms and conditions clearly state I would be given an answer suitable to my question by an expert.

Well after searching the doctor's profile, he is a gynecologist so he is not even qualified to have been given my question to answer in the first place. Please everyone, do yourselves a favor and hold onto your money. Do not part with your cash giving it to this mindless company. If you search hard enough on the net, you will find just as good answers, if not better, and save yourself being ripped off/scammed by this company. They clearly wanted more money to give me more of an answer,

bbbscamalert Oct 19, 2012

JUST ANSWER & BBB ARE SCAMMING FOLKS OUT OF MONEY!!!
    Posted: 2012-06-16 by Bluetruck2
    just answer is getting bad
    just answer I love all my experts but the company itself is no good. I spend a lot of money on this site thewy took away my option to write about my experts. just gave us faces. That dosen't tell the whole story because you can be happy with a answer but still not happy with the expect also they remove my add fund if i want to pay additional money I really can't I don't like to keep making single transactions...
    JustAnswer.com Pueblo Colorado
    Posted: 2012-05-29 by Harold Werezak
    Expert Advice
    com which directed me to Just Answer. com which was a big mistake and is a scam. With a little persistance they solved the problem but Just Answer signed me up for a yearly subscription of $28/mo which I never signed up for, I needed the one time help and that was it. It was 4 days later that they notified me that they were going to bill me monthly and I had 2 days to cancel...
    JustAnswer.com San Francisco California
    Posted: 2012-05-21 by airplanejoe
    a total scam that can cost lots of money
    Just answer is ok yes it cost a lot. Do you know what expert you are getting no. But if you need to just to chat it's a good site. It helped my wife a lot. the experts are not real I believe they are not real Doctors I can't prove this but no real doctor will be on this site as long as they are a day...
    Bait & Switch
    Shame on you and Just Answer. Karma is a ### and will bite you in the ### when you least expect it and I hope it hurts like hell...
    JUST ANSWER Ontario
    over billing
    i paid for one answer and the company automatically adds me to their unlimited subscription plan without my authorization, and within two days I am charged twice Iin the amount of $39.99 for services not rendered. This stuff has got to stop. Where is the government when it comes to regulat...
    Livingsocial.co.uk
    Posted: 2012-05-09 by GillUK
    Won't be using their company again and would advise anyone against making the same mistake
    attempted to get them to just answer the phone!) I was told that the only way they will book it in is if I tell them where I live and they will tell me when they can come wih just a day or 2 for notice. No flexibility with this either. The booking conditions on the deal clearly stated that the only condition was a 48 hours cancellation policy...
    legal Advice Grand Haven Michigan
    Posted: 2012-05-06 by margie.h.davis
    Not providing answers to legal ?s but charging my credit card for this service.
    I have filed ? for answers from Just Answer since July 29, 2011. It has been ongoing and all pertaining to the same issue- answer to help me get restriction on my driver license removed so I can drive again. I receive email stating they have posted an answer and when checked there is no answer...
    JUST ANSWER denbigh
    Posted: 2012-04-30 by sheila halliwell
    money from my account
    I only asked them one question. Thought it was just a one of payment but they have taken over £40out of my account each month. stupid of me to give my details. Have tried to contact them but very difficult. Funny my question to them was unauthorised funds being taken from my accout. ...
    Posted: 2012-04-30 by Barbara Jean Fox
    Online scam
    At the end of the year 2011, I used Just Answer once, got no satisfaction and solved myself. AND I am being charged every month since $48. 00 on my credit card and I have not used these people since the first time. They do not respond to my request for refunds and I am still trying to get thru to them...
    Posted: 2012-04-27 by mdg1962
    Charged my credit card without my consent
    Even though JustAnswer wbesite says you can edit your account and stop subscription it is not possible. I finally found a number for them with the BBB
    JustAnswer LLC
    Phone: (888) 587-8220
    Fax: (415) 480-2121
    View Additional Phone Numbers
    PO Box 29045, Sa...
    Just Answer.com Alabama
    Posted: 2012-04-23 by clay1958
    never got an answer, nor fif i get a refund
    I Was charged for an answer that i never got. I requested a refund that same evening. I have yet to hear from this scam of a company. I want a refund and no more charges to my account ever.
    Just Answer.com England|Lancashire
    Posted: 2012-04-21 by ray blundell
    unsatisfactory answer, but fee taken
    i asked a question to which i did not receive a workable answer, however the fee of £13 was taken from my account

Comments

bbbscamalert Oct 19, 2012

JUST ANSWER SCAM FRAUD ALERT!! BBB INVOLVED IN SUPPORTING FRAUD!!
    Posted: 2012-06-16 by Bluetruck2
    Livingsocial.co.uk
    Posted: 2012-05-09 by GillUK
    legal Advice Grand Haven Michigan
    Posted: 2012-05-06 by margie.h.davis
    Not providing answers to legal ?s but charging my credit card for this service.
    JUST ANSWER denbigh
    Just Answer.com England|Lancashire
    Posted: 2012-04-21 by ray blundell
    unsatisfactory answer, but fee taken

Hold Companies Hostage

The BBB seems to think they are the know all be all for business when in fact they are as subjective as a NBA referee. They do not provide a service that can be counted on and they hold companies hostage with their ratings until a company submits to BBB demands. The BBB asks for information that is none of their business like "comprehensive client lists". It's none of their business and has no relevance. They claim to be able to make a determination whether a company has a "bona fide" product which is based on their definition. It's a shame that so many people put stock in the BBB when they are as inconsistent and corrupt as any other entity out there. There best service is to find out about SCAMS and report them to the public to warn us. Their rating method of a business is a joke.

• Am
    Amber4504 May 10, 2010

And, the BBB posts false negative press releases, to non-paying business members by merely taking the "word" of consumers. Please. They are not an investigating firm. An investigating firm looks at BOTH sides and makes an intelligent decision based on facts, not just the word of a customer.

But, hey you cannot really complain to the BBB about the BBB. unbiased? I think not. If they truly were, wouldn't they have their OWN page dedicated to the numerous complaints against their business practices? You would think so.

money not refunded back to debit card

I filed a complaint with the better business bureau against a company by the name of Intellius/Lookup anyone...

rude & dishonest rep

I have a successful business in s. california for some 12 years now, and I was always rated the highest...

Tired of the internet business bullies!!!

Working in this economy is hard enough without these people making that much harder. Not only do they make bad reports and don't even have the decencly to have a report about their own company, when they make a mistake, you have to spend countless hours trying to get them to fix it!!! As busniess owners we need to STAND UP AND SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! STOP PAYING THIS COMPANY JUST TO HAVE A GOOD BUSINESS RATING!!! How wrong is it in this country that you have to pay someone that is not impartial to say your a good company to do business with! Not only that, let's say you have ONE customer who is inhappy and decieds to file 20 complaints to the BBB. GUESS WHAT? THEY DON'T POST THEM FROM THE SAME PERSON, THEY POST THEM AS 20 SEPERATE COMPLAINTS AND YOU HAVE TO JUMP THOUGH ALL KINDS OF HOOPS TO GET THEM RESOLVED!!! I agree with one of the biggest and most well respected companies out there called KODAK, who have resigned from the BBB to focus more on their customers than on the BBB!!! STOP WASTING TIME, ENERGY, VALUABLE RESOURCES AND MONEY ON THE BBB!!! ACT NOW! RESIGN!!!

• Di
    DIRTYBBB Sep 05, 2009

My sympathies to companies that have been ripped off by the BBB. I thank whoever said that an "honest company, KODAK, " pulled out of this crooked company. Why don't people realize that companies like this are still going strong and the reason our country is in such bad shape? How is this country every going to recover? I mean for those that are not wealthy and will never have to worry about money? Kind of like Mexico?

I reported Direct TV to BBB because of their despicable, dishonest practices. They quoted me $54 ON THE PHONE for one year. After the stress, lies, abuse and bullying, the BBB took Direct TVs side and all the lies they told, against what was done to me and said I owed them over $200. I wrote a second letter to them and they said they had closed my case as customer "unsatisfied." They also said they "would keep my complaint on file for a rating." Direct TV already has a rating of "F." And for "viewing " for other consumers. About all they file is that a complaint was filed against a company and whether or not it was resolved. The viewer is not entitled to know the egregious thefts that these companies get away with, with the help of the BBB.

It is curious that BBB would not even investigate my complaint, but defend Direct TVs lies. I understand your motive for paying for a rating, but they care not about your company, it is only for their own profit. Consumers are not protected. Why should they be? It is the company's that are paying for their ratings.

BBB is an enabler for fraud and theft for corporations.

I noted that someone who posted here is going to contact the Attorney's General in their State. I also plan to do this. If anyone can give me any more information on who to contact and who will actually listen, please contact me at [email protected]

STOP LETTING THEM USE YOUR MONEY TO ENRICH THEMSELVES!!!

Since all of our lives are controlled by corporations and lobbyists, I am grateful to hear about KODAK.

• Am
    Amber4504 May 10, 2010

Fraud & cheating!

I admit naivety here - I actually believed when I first contacted The BBB with this consumer complaint, they were going to help.

August 13th 2006: My disabled, senior citizen wife simply asked the Seaside, Oregon, Motel 6 desk clerk at check out time if we couldn't receive a discount for having been assigned a substandard room.

November, 2006: When I went to make a reservation to celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary at the coast, I was told at that time the manager, Lee Judson, had put us on his nefarious Do Not Rent list because of this innocent question asked 3 months earlier;

I've rented at that motel for over 10 years and other motels and hotels over half the planet for a half a century and never even heard of a Do Not Rent list, let alone being put on one. So I Googled it and found out it is a tool used by some hospitality managers to keep drug dealers, prostitutes and their ilk out, and rightfully so.

11/06/06 I complained to the West Coast BBB; Judson flat lied to the Washington BBB – he gave them a list of tortuous, felonious activities he said he puts guests on his list for saying we met the criterion. He later told the truth under oath to a BOLI Inspector.

So I set out on a crusade to set the record straight. For the past 12 months I complained to everyone and anyone who would listen about this egregious action without success, so as a final resort I was finally driven to try and deal with this libelous, defamation of character issue in Small Claims Court. Through his attorney, Stan Gish of Beaverton, Judson played the bully and filed a frivolous countersuit for $100,000 moving the case to Circuit Court forcing me to hire an attorney I can't afford.

What did the BBB do? They just flat lied as well and said I indicated that I considered my complaint to be resolved...! They're a joke. I complained to them and they got mad at me, told me to stop contacting them! Wow. I'd heard all the horror stories about that organization but didn't believe them - I'm a believer now, for sure!

I'll be reporting them to the Attorney Generals in Oregon & Washington when I wrap up here.

Leave consumers with no protection!

As a many year member of BBB, I felt they protected the consumer and were an image I wanted to be associated with. I filed a complaint against another member and was told that as long as member responded in writing, that the matter was settled. The response of the other member was "what a whinner I was" and "I was no longer welcome in their store".

I was given no recourse, and felt if this is the way complaints are handled, I would no longer be a member. This leave the consumer with no protection against abuses by business unless (like me) the business belongs to a professional organization with a code of ethics or is licensed by the state.

• Di
    disgusted cust May 15, 2010

I AGREE!!! I had a similar situation, where I am in a dispute with another BBB member company. The case was closed administratively because they responded. I asked the BBB to review it and recommended that they review the other company because of the violations of the BBB Code of Ethics...I was told that they do not take recommendations to review business memberships.

So, I have decided to drop my membership in the BBB because I feel they no longer are a force of good. As soon as I told them I was not renewing, my BBB rating dropped from A+ to A-!

Pathetic services!

I was a member of the Better Business Bureau for almost 10 years. I was a member as I feel the consumer...