Benjamin Franklin Plumbing / Sum pump w grinder replacement
Our pump went out and called them. They were able to send someone out on a sunday. It looks like we need a new pump (Which we thought was the case). They said the could get one the next day and come out and fix it. My husband met them back at our house today (Monday) to get it replaced. The tech that came out told my husband that the part and repair would cost $5, 000.00. My husband looked up the "great pump" and saw he could buy it online for $1, 000. Ben franklin was charging a 100% mark up on the part. Then my husband said, "so the remainder of your fee is labor then, right"? The tech said yes and tried to make it sound like a very complicated procedure and would take him 3-4 hours. My husband then said, "so that means you are charging $600.00/hr?
We got a local company who will charge a total of $1700.00 for parts and labor.
Benjamin franklin in the niceville, fl area should be ashamed of themselves. We will highly not recommend you to everyone.
More Benjamin Franklin Plumbing Complaints & Reviews
- Benjamin Franklin Plumbing - Terrible service 
- Benjamin Franklin Plumbing - Beware 
- Benjamin Franklin Plumbing - Overcharged and ripped off 
- Benjamin Franklin Plumbing - Do not use them 
- Benjamin Franklin Plumbing - Bait & Switch
- Benjamin Franklin Plumbing / Clockwork - benjamin franklin plumbing - only wanted to do the easy repair and overcharged
- Benjamin Franklin Plumbing / Clockwork - pricing overcharge/work not done!
- Benjamin Franklin Plumbing - as a former employee as of today...
- Benjamin Franklin Plumbing - 5 welds to copper pipe and new outdoor no freeze spigot.
- Benjamin Franklin Plumbing - They do not have the tools to do the job and certainly they do not stand behind their word.