BBG Communications / They got us too

My wife and I just returned from a trip to the Dominican Republic. While in the D.R. we called our home in middle Tennessee to check on our son. We used a credit card when making the call from our hotel room. No rates were present on the phone and no price info was ever given, before, during or after the call. The next day, I was contacted by my credit card company as they were verifying some out of country charges. Two charges were from BBG totalling over $70.00. I never even heard of BBG until the credit card company called!

Va

Comments

• Va
      4th of Jul, 2008
    BBG Communications - It's a rip off - don't use
    www.bbgusa.com

I was in France the other day and used my credit card to make a phone call. Was connected to a BBG operator and then "transferred" to my call, which was disconnected. I then check my bank statement and was charged $40US dollars for a phone call I never got to complete...on top of it all, my bank tells me there is nothing they can do since I do not have any documentation to prove my call. I would never use a credit card on a pay phone again and urge everyone to boy cot this organization, especially since they are not answering emails or letters of complaints.

• Va
      1st of Sep, 2008
    BBG Communications - Using the phone can leave you broke
    bbgusa.com

I can't believe how many people BBG Communications has RIPPED OFF!!!

I made a call from KL Airport to China on 29/7/08, admittedly to a mobile number but I wasn't on the phone for very long. I have now found 2 charges to my credit card, 1 for $51.43 and another for $51.46. I am sure I only made 1 call, but even if I did make 2, very little chance the calls would have been exactly the same length of time, which they would have had to be to incur almost the same charge (within 3 cents or each other)!!!

I did think that the call charge might be higher than the cost from home (Australia), but not that MUCH!!!

There should be some sort of Warning on the phone (in multiple languages) so people know how much it will cost them! Never again will a use a phone at the airport, especially if I ever see BBG COMMUNICATIONS!!!

• In
      6th of Sep, 2008

Try complaining to the airport customer service department

• Ar
      22nd of Sep, 2008
    BBG Communications - Stolen money
    Perth
    Western Australia
    Australia

in june i went to london for three months while over there i used a pay phone in brighton once to call australia and i used the internet at the train and airport a couple of times so im not certain when this happenned but i have been back in australia for about a month now and some one called bbg communcations london has debited my account for $77.64 which i cant understand because the internet was paid for as you use it. the only thing i can think of is the brighton phone call which was only about 5 mins long max i done know who to call and ask about this injustice. im a 19 year old girl worked three jobs to get over to england just to see my family i knew overseas calling was expensive but this is really over the top and also the fact its been about two months since that happened if anyone can help or explain or get me in contact with bbg that would be much obliged.

• Me
      4th of Nov, 2008
    BBG Communications - outrageous charges
    Buderim
    Queensland
    Australia

Spent 5 mins max taling to my husband (singapore to Australia) as my Australian phone company SOUL had cut off my mobile phone at $300 after asking me for a $500 deposit before I went overseas. So, I had to use a credit card in a phone booth at Singapore Airport. NO phone charge fee structure was visible or available. $46 for this!!! Will be deducting this amount from my local telco for the inconvenience.

• Ru
      4th of Nov, 2008

Send your complaint to the Singapore Airport!

• Ol
      21st of Nov, 2008

My daughter called us from Panama thru BBG communications and got charged a total of $320.00 for 3 phone calls charged on the credit card.

• Ca
      22nd of Nov, 2008

We stayed at Villa del Palmar in room 1523 from Nov.1-Nov. 8, 2017. Since we did not
    have any service on our cell phones, our daughter, Madeline LaFond, made four very short phone calls from our room to the state of Washington (USA) using her own Visa credit card. There was no explanation or listing of fees charged by BBG Communications-the telephone system you use for internation calls-available to read at that time. She later received an incredible billing from BBG of $205.00 (TWO HUNDRED FIVE DOLLARS USA!) for what was a TOTAL of ONLY TEN MINUTES and FORTY SECONDS of phone time! She is currently contesting this bill with VISA as well as filing a complaint against BBG Communications for their outrageous fees.

Our Internet research on BBG shows numerous complaints against their fraudulent billing practices. Our daughter was forced to cancel her Visa account and get a new one
    after learning that BBG often continues to use customer account numbers to make
    further bogus charges! Besides making a formal complaint with the Villa Del Palmar
    for using such a communications system as BBG, we request that you forward this
    complaint to BBG COMMUINCATIONS itself so that we may work towards a more
    reasonable billing.

15th of Jan, 2009
    BBG Communications - Unauthorized billing
    bbgusa.com

I recently traveled to Canada from Texas and my story is exactly the same as everybody else's here. I very briefly used the payphone at the airport in Toronto to call home and tell my parents that my flight was delayed. Most people said that there wasn't any price on the phone but honestly I don't remember. I made a call for a max of 2-3 mins, just long enough to relay the info about my flight and when I got home I already had a pending charge for 49.95. This is absurd.

I have called my bank but they cant do anything until the charges go thru and needless to say when I called bbg they cant see any charges yet because it has only been 4 days and I was instructed to wait for one week for charges to post in their system. Why do I feel that this is all a dead end. I am very interested in a class action lawsuit. These people need to be stopped. They are stealing. There is nothing on the phone telling you who is connecting your call so my advice is to use your cell phone or go and find change which is what I was too lazy to do and I am paying the price.

• Ri
      4th of Feb, 2009
    BBG Communications - Unsolicited phone calls
    1658 Gailes Blvd
    San Diego
    bbgusa.com

I made 3 credit card calls from the Caymans while on a business trip and was charged more than $300.00. I work in the tourism business and do not see how this company can have the necessary local license to operate while charging the fraudulent rates. There must be a local making a tremendous amount of money with this business. I was charged than $5.00 a minute from a Blue box looking phone.

• Sm
      3rd of Jul, 2009

I'm living in Copenhagen. The last week I travel to Stockholm and I make three calls using my debit card. The first two calls, hardly arrive to 3 minutes, and the last call about 10 minute. They charging me 140 euros for this calls!!! It is impossible, I'm talking with my bank at Spain, but they said is difficult to do anything, I'm receiving the same response from European Consumer Office, because they said that Headquarters of this company are not in Europe! I don't know how can address my complaint! I simply can't understand how companies operating in European territories, but not located in Europe can act without any regulation framework!

• Mm
      23rd of Jul, 2010
    BBG Communications - Ripped off
    United Kingdom

BBG Communications are an absolute disgrace. Trapped within departures at Marseilles airport, France I made a 2 minute phone call to a UK landline with my credit card from the one and only payphone (my mobile was broken at the time) to advise the person collecting me from my destination airport of my flight delay, due to the French Air traffic Controllers going on strike.
    My credit card company have called me to advise I have 3 seperate charges totalling £60 from BBG Communications and they were concerened that they're fraudulent... too right they are, its an outrage that they can charge these ridiculous amounts and why 3 seperate amounts ? I will be disputing the charges but please beware.. they DO NOT DISPLAY charges and you will be ripped off if you use them... my advice to you is stay well clear.. better to ask someone if you can make a quick call on their mobile and give them some money for it.

• Bi
      3rd of Aug, 2010
    BBG Communications - Overcharge/ charge for no service performed
    BBG communications
    San Diego
    California

Calling from Marriott London Heathrow. They use this 3rd party vendor to allow credit card charges.

charges show up on bank statement from VAL FEE (validation fee) then later as enormous fee for unperformed connection of service in amount of UDS $50.25. I understand they will keep charging later even when disputed.

• In
      10th of Sep, 2010

The BBG/ Faircall/ International Satellite Communications scam must be stopped
    John Mattes here at Investigativeguy.com .We are talking to consumers around the globe and asking for details of how they got scammed by BBG./ International SatelliteCommunications / faircall ... so we can take action. The scam has gone on for at least 5 years at hotels and pay phones all over the world.If enough consumers stand up we can end the scam .Write giving us details of how they scammed you. Send to [protected]@gmail.com
    See all our scam busting stories at http://www.investigativeguy.com

I-guy

• Lw
      11th of Oct, 2010
    BBG Communications - Phone Scam
    Nebraska

I tried using a pay phone at the Denver Airport to make a call to Omaha Nebraska when the call would not connect using quarters I used my card thinking it would be the same amount as what was asked from cash. I was never informed of the charges nor did I say I accepted them. That one minute call cost me $20 dollars. When I called the company to tell them I was not informed how much the call would cost I was told it was my fault because I did not ask. This is a complete scam. They deliberatly keep this information from the consumer because they know no one would finish the call. I will be disputing these charges when they go through.

• St
      20th of Nov, 2010

Yes, these filthy criminals in fact stole your money, and no, you did nothing to deserve to be treated this way. Please see bbgovercharge.com.

3rd of Apr, 2011
    BBG Communications - Multiple very expensive charges
    California

I was recently in Rome, Italy and left my cell phone at my hotel when I left for the airport. When I arrived at the airport I used one of the credit card pay phones to call the hotel and ask if my phone was there. I had to make this call twice and I'm now seeing six different charges pending on my credit card from BBG for a total of $190.24!!! I have called BBG Communications and the first thing they asked me for is my credit card number so they can look up the charges. Obviously, I wasn't comfortable handing them my card number in fear of them charging even MORE to my account! They said I can call my bank and do a three-way call w/ my bank on the line to BBG to discuss the charges so I'll have to wait on that. Because the charges are all pending, there's nothing I or my bank can do until they actually post. Here's hoping they NEVER post... yeah, good luck with that, right?! THIS COMPANY IS EVIL! How can anyone screw people over this bad?!?!!? They need to be ruined!

• La
      3rd of Apr, 2011

So I am a 42 year old single mom who is trying to stay healthy. This means the right diet, exercise, and supplements. I have a pretty bad gas problem that has haunted me for some time. Typically, I just let it out and on a scale of one to ten, it's a fifteen. Not only do you hear it but you have to run away fast or you smell an odor that will haunt you for years. So I brought Dicky (my son) into a subway and I had ordered his sandwhich and I got my own typical lunch (two 12 inch turkey breast sandwhiches, double turkey, triple butter, tripple mayo, and two handfulls of cheeze and bacon). My son was still looking in the window next to the register and I decided to take a bite of one of my 12 inchers. As the sandwhich went to my mouth, I let out gas. Immediately all in the store began leaving, my son began crying, and the girl behind the counter slapped me so hard my sandwhich fell to the ground. Any ideas on how to handle this problem? Thanks guys!

• Ra
      22nd of Jun, 2011
    BBG Communications - Phone overcharge
    bbg communications

My husband called me from Paris to let me know he made it safely. We talked for less than a minute. Our debit card was charged 3 times for $49.10 each. He stated that he tried calling 2 other times before that, but there was no connection. I don't even have voice mail activated on my cell. I will be disputing these charges.

• Mo
      9th of Jun, 2012

Hi,

Team I saw this articals very late. Yesterday 8th June 2017 called to India from Belgium Airport and hardly I spoke only 15 seconds and they charged me 36$ Dollor. What is this? and bill name is on BBG communications.

Before start call I spoke to customer care person who helped to dialed in number and I specfic ask him how much charge for one call to india and he suggested less than 1$ but how come they charged me 36$ for 15 seconds calls?

Thanks