Bay Area Credit Credit Services / Collection- SCAM - final Bill ATT

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I answered my home phone Saturday and a Tyler from the Bay Area Credit Service on the other line saying that my AT&T Uverse account was up for collection. According to him it was a service that was added earlier this year, 2013. -> If you get one of these calls, be VERY CAREFUL. Little did they know, I just so happen to work for ATT and pay my phone/uverse bill every month / current. I am an employee and need to keep my service in good standing. I informed him that 1) I do have an account and I am an employee and would "investigate on my own" I called AT&T and told them about the situation, they informed me that my account is in good standing and current, which I already knew. SO all out there, this company may be a true collection agency, but they are also DEFINITELY RUNNING SOME KIND OF SCAM. If they contact me again, then when I get finished with them they are going to wish that they had never dialed my number.

To
Jul 6, 2013

Comments

• Al
      8th of Jul, 2013

Deb buyers are notorious for contacting the wrong person and then pressuring that person to pay a 'debt' that isn't valid. This is common practice, not a scam, I'm afraid. They use a process called 'skip tracing' to find a 'debtor'. When they can't find the true 'debtor', they start looking for people in the same area with the same last name, or the person now living at the last known address of the actual 'debtor', and harass them. As crazy as it sounds, it happens all the time. Send them a validation request (your right by federal law) stating that you have verified that your ATT account is in good standing, therefore, you demand that they cease and desist any further contact with you regarding this invalid debt. Also demand that they remove any information they've added to your credit reports.Type your name at the bottom of the letter. (Do NOT sign it because that signature can find its way onto faked documents.) Send the letter certified mail with return receipt requested. So you'll have proof that you sent it to them. This should be enough to get them off your back.