Baumatic / Customer service

1 6 Bennet RDReading England Berkshire, United Kingdom Review updated:

Handle on my cooker broke on one side, swung down and smashed the cooker door. Called customer service on the 14th Dec 2015 where a very nice lady helped to order a new one and sold me extra 2 years insurance. I expressed my concern about them coming to fix it on 24th Dec as I had 12 people for xmas dinner. She ensured me not to worry, they would call me that morning to set a time. They came on the 24th as promised but didn't have the door. Phoned them to be told the lady had not ordered it and there was nothing they could do about it( ruined our Christmas) Two weeks later called me and made arrangements to come again, stayed in but by 1pm called to see when to be told the door had not come in. Following week made new appointment, stayed in to be told door had not come in yet. Now sitting in on the 21st Jan2016 15:54 pm still no door. I have had some bad customer service but this is just taking the mick. No one has phone me or written to me. ITS A LONG TIME TO GO WITHOUT AN OVEN AND HAVE A FAMILY WITH TWO CHILDREN TO FED. WOULD NOT TOUCH THIER PRODUCTS AGAIN

Sh
Jan 21, 2016

Comments

• Sh
      21st of Jan, 2016

Waited in all day, phoned them and was told they were definitely coming, surprise, surprise no one turned up. Please where can I get help from 😡😡😡😡

• Wt
      25th of Mar, 2016

I'm in the same situation. I received my gas oven, a week before Christmas, so much heat was escaping the door that it burnt my cabinets on both sides of the oven. I called an engineer to check it and he told me Hoover has taken over Baumatic, he said the hinges are hoover, the oven is Baumatic meaning the oven dor didn't close properly and that's why the oven is over compensating with the heat and burning my food. I showed him a big burn mark on my hand and how the paint has melted off. This was 4 weeks ago...I was told by Baumatic to chase them! Still no oven...I have kids too. I seriously cannot believe their crap service!!! On top they said they had sent my details...I found out the guy dealing with the complaints had left the department!

Any luck with your oven?