Barnes & Noble / false shipping claims

Barnes & noble supposedly offers "free express shipping" to their members. This is an outright lie. As a paying member, every time I order online and choose "free express shipping" which is quoted as 1-3 business days, my packages are shipped ups ground. Ground shipping is not express, expedited, or anything resembling fast. My packages always take 4-5 business days once handed to ups. A more accurate offering for their shipping would be "free ground shipping".

When I contacted customer service about this, they simply stated that they make no guarantees, processing delays etc, however even after providing them the tracking numbers which show my products being shipped ups ground and showing "5 business days" on the ups site, they stopped responding to my e-mails. I finally called into customer service, requested my accounts be closed and as politely as possible asked the csr to pass on the message as to why I was cancelling.

Comments

• Br
      19th of May, 2011

Getting free "express shipping" is supposedly the benefit of paying for the membership. Since They even state 1-3 business day shipping. Paying for a membership, and NOT getting what was promised is false advertising.