Banfield Pet Hospital / this place is a scam!!!
Banfield is the worst place you can take your pet. My dog was fine before I began taking him to Banfield. One day, after a regular check up, he started having some jitters. (two weeks after I signed up with Banfield) I was told I was signing up for a month to month plan (misinformed by the vet at the Gaithersburg, MD location), but soon found out that I was liable for a year's worth of fees.
They couldn't diagnose the problem because the Vets did not know what they were doing. I actually had to tell them what I THOUGHT it was after the research I had done searching through various online medical journals. (I am an IT consultant by profession and have nothing to do with the medical industry)
Soon after Banfield administered unnecessary medication (and charging me over $2000 in medical fees in addition to the monthly "OPTIMUM WELLNESS PLAN" monthly fees), they decided that I might be better off taking him to a "REAL PET HOSPITAL". This is what the Germantown, MD location told me.
So I took him to a REAL PET HOSPITAL - VCA Veterinary Hospital in Gaithersburg, MD, and my dog passed away due to unexplained fluid build up in the brain. I was told by the Vet that it was highly likely that this was because of cortisone administered on an old dog and that the Vet at Banfield should have known better..
The whole reason I signed up for this "alternative to pet insurance" was so that I wouldn't be stuck with crazy medical expenses if anything happened to my dog. Not only did they create medical problems, they trapped me with fine print on their contract tying me into a year long service agreement.
They weren't able to diagnose the problem, all I got out of the 3 visits to them, was over 2 and a half thousand dollars worth of bills.
THIS PLACE IS A SCAM!!
If you value the life of your pet and your hard earned money, please stay away from BANFIELD, the family pet butchers...
More Banfield Pet Hospital Complaints & Reviews
- Banfield Wellness Plans - can't cancel 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - ruin my perfect credit history! 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - my dog's dental cleaning 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - wellness plan rip off! 
- Banfield Animal Hospital - $250 minimum visit charge if you use care credit financing 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - wellness plan / teeth cleaning / money grabbing practices
- Banfield Pet Hospital - pet services
- Banfield Pet Hospital - I will never return
- Banfield Pet Hospital - pet insurance 
- [Resolved] Banfield Hospital - tooth extraction