Banfield Pet Hospital / need more training and better communication

Banfield has been seeing my Chihuahua since birth. I was never informed that she had a heart murmur. I only found out back in March 2008, by the way she is 14 years old, when she dislocated her hip. They took x-rays to see why she was in so much and then they said she has a heart murmur, by then it was too late. All they could say to me was, "yes, she has a heart murmur" repeatedly as if reading a statement and not even listening to my questions. IF YOU LOVE YOUR PET DO NOT USE BANFIELD.

Va

Comments

• Wh
      2nd of Jul, 2012

I don't know the details but I can tell you this...it's very likely your dog developed a heart murmur. Heart murmurs do not have to be present at birth, and sometimes do develop with old age (old heart valves just don't have the same potential as new ones) and since your baby was 14, it's likely hers was developed from old age (if she didn't have any other underlying issues, like an infection), so I would not be quick to think that they didn't care or didn't tell you about it when it was there all along because it may have just developed.