Banfield Pet Hospital / they let my dog die

I took my 18 week old Siberian Husky to Banfield to be chipped, and he came out with PARVO. He died 9 days later. They admitted he could have contacted it in their hospital, but accepted no responsibly. They also refused to treat him without payment, which I had to put out to a Pet Emergency Hospital 2 days before. No money, treatment for your dog. Not even any compassion, they let my dog die, and they could have been the cause. I even offered to pay if I could have paid in a few payments, but OH *** NO! I am on a fixed income, so I had to watch my dog pass away. Sure they are the place that quotes: "We treat you like family"

Yo

Comments

• Al
      21st of Mar, 2009

I am very sorry to hear about your loss.
    I am reviewing many of the posts on the internet about Banfield, because I am considering working for them.
    I was suprised to hear that they thought he actually could have got parvo from the hospital. In general, he would have to come into contact with the infected feces from another dog in the hospital. In any hospital, that would be very difficult to happen. The real question is how long did you have your pet after getting him from the pet store or breeder. If it was a week or so, he very well had parvo beforehand. Just a point to note.

• Ve
      13th of May, 2009

puppy could have gotten parvo anywhere. So many healthy and sick dogs come through petsmart. Parvo lives in the environment a long time. Someone can get it on their shoe on some sidewalk somewhere and track it into the house.
    Why do you expect free vet care? Vets are supposed to treat all sick puppies for free? Do you expect your physician to provide free treatment when you are sick?

• Ph
      26th of Jan, 2010

Sorry for the loss but your puppy could have been exposed to Parvo in the environement. At 18 weeks, he should have 2 - 3 vaccines for parvo and, if this was not the case, that is hardly the fault of Banfield.