Banfield Pet Hospital / wellness plan
I have a wellness plan with Banfield for both of my dogs and always believed that it was like insurance, not a contract for payments. I was wrong.
Last year my son died. As a result of this tragedy I incurred several thousand dollars in medical bills before his death, in addition to funeral related expenses after wards and could no longer afford the monthly wellness plan payments. My only income is disability. Due to the extreme extenuating circumstances I tried to cancel the wellness plan, but they have refused to allow me to do so. They 'forgave' a few months payments, but have insisted on me paying the balance of the contract at the previous monthly rate. As I can no longer afford that, I volunteered to pay $20 a month until the balance is paid in full. They have rejected this too and have declined to accept my checks for the lesser payment. I wish I had been aware of all of these complaints before I signed up for their plan. They are ruthless. While they have declined to accept $20 a month, they call me repeatedly with threats to ruin my credit, threats of turning the account over to a collections agency, rude responses on the phone, and have refused to acknowledge or respond to a single letter (or checks) mailed to their home office.
There are other options for pet care available. I urge anyone reading this to use them and to stay clear of Banfield!
More Banfield Pet Hospital Complaints & Reviews
- Banfield Wellness Plans - can't cancel 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - ruin my perfect credit history! 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - my dog's dental cleaning 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - wellness plan rip off! 
- Banfield Animal Hospital - $250 minimum visit charge if you use care credit financing 
- Banfield Wellness Plan - cancellation process
- Banfield Pet Hospital - malpractice
- Banfield Pet Hospital - wellness plan / teeth cleaning / money grabbing practices
- Banfield Pet Hospital - pet services
- Banfield Pet Hospital - I will never return