Banfield Pet Hospital / wellness care program ripoff

1 Baltimore, MD, United States Review updated:

I took my dog to Banfield when he was a puppy. I signed up for the wellness care program. I was in there several times, wondering if they ever addressed the problem correctly, often leaving with a bill over $400 and a lot of unnecessary medical tests and procedures. I had to move and because I committed to the year, I relocated to another Banfield, not realizing they were making me commit to "another" year, thinking I could just fulfill that year. I was VERY unhappy AGAIN with the service. When I tried to cancel it, they did not cancel it so I had a 3 way call with my credit card company. My credit card company said if they charge me again to cancel the card. They finally agreed to cancel it (and stated i had to do so in writing) and then tried to charge me for the remaining year (which would have been 2 years) or the difference of what they claimed they "saved" me from previous visits. I refused to pay and they turned me over for collection. I am SHOCKED that customers continue to go there but obviously they have not checked message boards and do so for the "convenience" of being next to PETSMART. If you're SMART and LOVE your pet don't take your it there!

Li

Comments

• Ju
      5th of Apr, 2010

I was signed on Banfield's wellness program for three years. When we decided we no longer needed it I called to cancel it. They said I was under a contract. So I willingly payed them up front for the remainder or the contract ( I was on automatic withdrawal ). They told me I could use the rest of the plan I had now pre payed for. But in order to keep the plan from renewing I had to call another department to cancel my plan. So I did that. Then when I took my dog in for her six month examination they told me I was not on the plan anymore. So I decided to call there wellness relation team ( what a joke!!! ) After waiting on the phone for 25 minutes I got to speak to someone. They put me on hold for another five or ten minutes then came back to say because I said " cancel" (what they told me to do ) in a recorded phone conversation that they could not honor our previous agreement. So I asked them to refund my money. They said because the transfer was made in another department there was no way of tracking the transaction. I said I had my confirmation number. this didn't seem to help basically I was flat out robbed. Because I was a good customer that payed my bill. I will tell everyone I know what a scam this company is! Don't get suckered in to doing business with them.