Baja Motorsports / Defective product

My son was given a 49cc SC Scooter for Christmas in Denver. After 100 miles the throttle cable broke.

You have got to be kidding! Of course he has a 90 day warranty and this was not part of the motor plan coverage that good old Pep Boys convinced my friend he needed to buy.

Baja doesn't have the part, says it needs to be on back order for 6-8 weeks, can't contact their assemblers in China to find out the length of the cable so we can try and locate one ourselves and worsens the whole situation by insinuating that this is part of wear and tear.

Va

Comments

• Pa
      8th of Jul, 2008

I also bought a sc50 from pep boys, and the throttle cable snapped at about 100 miles. I've been really lazy about getting the part after going through the exact same motions you have. Motorscooterparts.com has the part you need in stock sometimes, and its only about 20 bucks. There is a local scooter store near me in Athens, GA called Recycle that has the part I need and the only reason I am fixing it is so I can sell it. Hopefully that might help you

• Li
      26th of Aug, 2008

My scooter is in teh shop for the SECOND time in a year because of a snapped throttle cable. THe repair guy says they are on backorder. I figure so darn many defective scooters out there are breaking, there's no telling WHEN the parts will come in. Baja Motorsports has bbeen VERY uncooperative since day one when I got this scooter and found it was defective!!! They refuse to fix stuff all the time, even when it's defective upon arrival!!! My scooter has had so many problems it's sickening!

They should be sued! If I hazd the money I'd sue them in a heartbeat!

• Si
      4th of Oct, 2008

me too i bought a baja sc50 scooter, i got mine from the states, i live in calgary, canada. After 100 mile the throttle broke. Now we are thinking to take it to a mechanic shop, see if they fix motor scooters Because my dad checked it he wasn't sure were the cable was connected in order to reach it.