[Resolved] Avast / avast antivirus money taken.
I paid £59.94 to Avast on 15/02/2017 and this product has never worked. I rang the Avast technical department who through a company called guruaid.uk.com, at first I thought they were being very helpful, the tried remotely to fix the problem (I now feel very uncomfortable that they have been into my computer) they told me the problem was to do with the registry keys and they could fix the problem if I paid £149.99 for a years tech support service, as my computer needed cleaning up etc. I think this could be a scam, when I refused to pay and said I wanted a full refund of the original £59.94 this was after 90 mins they finally gave me a number for the billing department, which you guessed it didn't connect. I have rang several numbers today and finally got through to someone called Justin who said I would get a full refund as I was still in the 60 day money back peroid if not satisfied. He gave me another number to call within the hour to make sure the refund was actioned, which I called and after a recorded message the line disconnects. Two things, how I am going to get my money back and have they taken any info from my PC. I have spent 4 hours today trying to sort this out. I am usually very aware of scams and as I made the call I didn't think there could be anything wrong but now because no one at Avast will help me I have my doubts. I have for the tine being shut my laptop down and I am using my iPad. Hopefully you can help. Thank you
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Avast Software Customer Care's Response, Mar 09, 2017
Avast do not cooperate with guruaid.com.
You can contact Avast directly at support.avast.com and create a ticket.
More Avast Complaints & Reviews
- Dri* Avast Software Orderfind.com - avast 2yr subscription not delivered 
- Dri Avast Software - refund 
- Dri*www. Avast.com - did not order, yet billed $149.50 
- Dri*www. Avast.com Element5. Info MN - billed twice for same thing 
- Dri*www. Avast.com Element5. Info - credit card charges 
- [Resolved] Avast Software - dri avast software unauthorized credit card charges
- [Resolved] Avast Software - pending - avast - nexway 415 449-4713 fra
- [Resolved] Avast Software - unauthorized paypal account charged $43.69 dri*avast 
- [Resolved] Dri Avast Software - unauthorized card charge
- Avast - avast internet security