Automatic Data Processing [ADP] / adp insurance

1 3541 Investment Blvd. Suite 3Hayward, CA, United States

My company, Ab Studio Inc. is a client with ADP. We got insurance support from The Hartford through ADP. We are a biotech company who perform in-house discovery and contract research service.

On Nov. 20, I sent an email to Karen Hanna, who is an ADP insurance agent, requesting to add product liability into our existing company liability insurance. Sooner after that, I was re-directed to The Hartford team to work on this case. When I asked that when we could get the insurance certificate to send to our new client, I was told "next week". When I called The Hartford on Nov. 26 and tell them that my client is waiting for the insurance certificate to deliver us the business. And this is a 0.25 to half million deal and is very important for a start-up, I was guaranteed by The Hartford agent that it would be done "late this week". When I call the agent again on Thurs. Nov. 29, I was told "tomorrow" it would be done. When I called the next day, I was told "next Mon." This time, I was even requested to send my client's email to the agent because The Hartford agent said they can directly email the certificate to my client and cc to me.

Then, on Mon., I was told The Hartford is not a product liability insurance carrier and we were transferred to a second insurance carrier and filled another application form. Then on Wed. Dec. 5, I tried to tell the new agent that our new client will have a committee on Dec. 6, 3:00pm and ask her try to get us a certificate before that. This morning I was told: Won't be earlier than tomorrow.

The whole process is so frustrated. And I am very un-satisfied on ADP's service.

I understand some insurance may be more difficult than others to get. If I was informed on Nov. 20 or so about the difficulty for ADP to get us this insurance. We would have tried shopping around on the market.

But now we really don't have time to do that.

I hope sb. can see this message early and help us ASAP.

Yu