Auto n General / car accident claim

1 South Africa

My daughter had an accident on 15/3/2013 in a Corsa - the accident was not caused by her - the other party admitted fault and has agreed to pay the excess. Auto n General refuse to have the car repaired because they say the insured amount is less than the cost of repairs.The difference is a mere R1799.44 - which i have said i am prepared to pay. They will not say why this is not acceptable to them and furthermore want to deduct a 35% salvage amount if i want the car and the money to have it repaired myself.No where in my policy does it say anything about the salvage amount. The car is full paid for - maintained in excellent condition - and i want to be placed in the same position as i was before the accident. In other words i want my car in excellent working order - SURELY THIS IS WHY WE INSURE OUR ASSETS.
Auto n General are unhelpful, uncaring, and a rip off. why did they insure me fully comprehensively if they are not prepared to uphold the CLIENT SERVICE CHARTER that they proclaim to abide by? They are happy to take my money but that is where it ends. I have had to go to the ombudsman and await their decision.

So