Aul Warranty / Won't pay

1 Napa, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-826-3207

I bought a used 2002 vw passat. Eight, eight days later, yes, eight it was towed to the vw mechanics where it sits now, 13 days later! Aul will pay $3, 000. 00. The mechanics say it will take $4, 500. 00 to fix it correctly. These mechanics are rated # 1 in my state (Mo) , have been in business for years, and they know what they are talking about. As a matter of fact they said they have never experienced anything like what aul is trying to do to me. They remain in constant contact with me. I wish i could say the say for aul. We need to email your state attourney and your state's consumer help folks and corbon copy in these aul crooks. This is the email i have for aul; [email protected]
We should not have to take this!!! And i intend not to!!!

Ka
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Bj
      7th of Jul, 2009

I AGREE 100% that this company is a bunch of crock!
    I have been waiting several days now for AUL to accept my claim and they will not return calls and cooperate one bit. It has been nothing but trouble and its obvious that they do not want to pay for anything.
    I even bought the most expensive warranty program and they are being horrible about everything.

I will be sueing this company.

DO NOT BUY A WARRANTY THROUGH AUL

• Ss
      19th of Jan, 2010

I am having the same issues with the company. I am a Staff Sergeant in the Marine Corps, and desiel maintenance is my ocupational field od expertise. I bought a 2003 Ford F-250 about a year ago, and now the front axle is jacked up in the hubs. My contract is properly annotated that my truck is four wheel drive, and even the Ford dealership agrees that the hubs fall into the 'Drive Axle Group" clearly stated in the contract. The company first tried to tell me that the hubs fall under the suspension group. As a mechanic this is insulting that they would try and pass off the hubs as suspension. I tell them this and they send the claim to their "supervisor" who now tells me that because the contract doesn't specifically say "hub" they will not cover it. It does state "bearings" but due to the name game they don't feel they can cover the damage. It will cost $1, 400 dollars to have the repairs made. Ifiled a complaint with the better buisness bureu today. In short i paid this company for a warranty and when faced with honoring their end of the contract they will do nothing but find ways out of it. It is a shame that these people are allowed to conduct buisness this way, I put them in the same group as terrorists.

• Ca
      7th of May, 2009

I bought my used 2003 Durango on 2/20/09 (yes just 2 months ago) from a dealership. Nothing but problems since. I also purchased the estate 5yr/100, 000 mile warranty. AUL has paid none of the repairs so far and now AUL refuses to pay for the blown engine on my Durango. I'm having a nervous breakdown after putting $9000 into buying/repairing it and now it is worthless and I am beyond broke. Can you do a multi-state lawsuit?

• Er
      29th of May, 2009

yes i have an 2006 dodge charger that i bought last year on August 2008, and about 3 months ago, water pump goes bad, they replaced it ok, now just last week my engine goes bad, and dealership said the valve lifter are bad, so i said ok and ask me if i have a service contract in other words do i have WARRANTY and i said yes through AUL, so the dodge dealership contacted AUL to process a claim and after a 1 day AUL have to send an INSPECTOR over to the dodge dealership where my car is sitting and took pictures and all, and they have decided that they are not gonna covered it, so im stuck for about $1800 for the repair, they order the dealership to do an ENGINE TORE DOWN to check the problem, before i even brought this car to the dealer, i have my own mechanic look at it and he did the diagnostic and come out the valve lifter, so i look at my WARRANTY "ESTATE" MANUAL and its did say they are covered by the warranty so i brought it in to get it fix, but unfortunately AUL don't want to cover it because AUL INSPECTOR said the cause of the problem is not the VALVE LIFTER, its the other 4 pins that give up and the push rod got pushed in and ruin the valve lifter, i mean ### this is internal engine problem you can't or see whats gonna give up, i bought the car used and i bought the WARRANTY and thought that its gonna be a peace of mind if something goes wrong, but i was screwed by this WARRANTY COMPANY..

BEWARE OF THIS AUL WARRANTY COMPANY, DO NOT BUY THEIR WARRANTY, THEY ARE FRAUD... IM ACCTUALLY IN A PROCESS OF HAVING THEM SUED.

• Mi
      16th of Dec, 2016

@Eric How did the law suit go?

• Ca
      17th of Jun, 2009

I agree, AUL are crooks, and I will also be filing a law suit. I have a 2000 Land Rover that I paid cash for, I purchased a warrenty with AUL and in less than a month I had a transmission failure . I took the truck to a transmission specialist and they were amazed that the investigator even showed up to deny the claim. This mechanic has been in business for 20+ years and he said that he has never seen anything like this. The adjusters for AUL intend NOT to pay and it is so obvious. The contracts are simplified so that they can add words or terms to come up with an excuse to deny a claim, even against the recommendation of the mechanic. I live just outside of St. Louis MO in IL.

•   7th of Jul, 2009

Today we found out what a rip off AUL is. We purchased a truck over a year ago, we only put about 20 miles a day on it if that. The instrument cluster and front end both needed warranty work. We made an appointment with our local dealership right away and gave them all the warranty info. Well, the part that went bad in the truck just so happened to be the part that tells how many miles are on the truck. AUL would not accept our claim because the dealership computer couldn't pull off the current mileage. We called everyone and their brother to try and get things straightend out. AUL said our warranty is void because we might of tampered with the truck computer. Well we all know dam well that we haven't done anything to the truck. Its been two days and we are still waiting for an answer. They want proof of mileage before they can do anything. So now my question to everyone is, what if I do my own service work like oil changes and tire rotations. Well according to AUL, if you don't have documents stating that you had service done your up the creek without a paddle.

They suck, never ever buy used car warrantys, they are legalized crime!!! I know better but thought I would give it a try and all I can say is stupid me!

• Mi
      16th of Dec, 2016

@???????? Read the paperwork before purchasing and fully understand the terms, including maintenance information needed. You should at least be able to get back the balance of the warranty if you turn it in.

21st of Dec, 2009

I just bought a 2004 Lincoln Ls from a car dealership in August, since then i have been having nothing but problems with this car. The oil filter went and then one of the pistons were misfiring. The bill to fix my car is now 1800$. Its currently at the mechanics place who fixed my car gaining and interest of 25$ a day until i get my car. All of which AUL wont cover. They say "its all electrical, and my warrantee doesnt cover it. Unfortunately... i wont be able to get my car out for about 3 months, not to mention i am college student who already has a ton of bills. I have been in the process of contacting attorneys to see if there is anything to do. Its not looking too good.

I urge everyone to NOTT PURCHASE WARRANTEES FROM AUL.

They are scams and want nothing but money.

• Bt
      6th of Oct, 2010

It appears that the people who are agreeable with AUL must work for them. Unfortuately most people who have positive experiences do not login to complaint sites. I am in the process of reporting AUL to the BBB and Attorney General. I believe that they are in the business of selling policies that they have no intention of upholding. AUL is a horrible warranty company and I wish I had researched it prior to purchasing the policy. If I had read this site, I would have NEVER agreed to buy it for my vehicle.

• Do
      6th of Jan, 2011

me too. bought a ford f350 and estate coverage. Thankfully my engine problems were covered by the factory warranty! all I wanted was AUL to cover the 12 days of rental coverage that is guaranteed by the warranty. The claims rep said because AUL didn't have to open a claim, they will not cover the $400 in car rental. I asked to speak to a supoervisor, and the supervisor came up with some other bs reason why AUL would not cover the claim. When I then informed "ron" the AUL supervisor that I wanted a refund for the $2800 warranty, he told me to call the dealer that sold me the warranty and promptly hung up on me.

Wow! Really? I am a 50 yr old professional, If any of my staff treated anyone in that manner? They'd be hitting the unemployment line. Poor customer relations like these. Reinforced by a manager, are the hallmark of deceptive business models.
    This company is a classic example of PREDATORY BUSINESS PRACTICE!

I STRONGLY URGE ANYONE THAT HAS PURCHASED A WARRANTY FROM THIS COMPANY TO SEEK A REFUND!

21st of Jun, 2010

I URGE EVRYONE TO TELL FAMILY AND FRIENDS SO THAT PEOPLE WILL KNOW THE TYPE OF CROOKED BEHAVIOUR THAT AUL MAINTAINS. AUL HAS GOTTEN AWAY FOR YEARS AND WE NEED TO TAKE IT TO OUR LEGISLATORS AND ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE . THEY NEED TO BE EXPOSED. WHERE IS CNN OR ABC TO PUT UP A DOCUMENTARY ON THIS CRIMINAL ACT BY AUL

21st of Jun, 2010

DO NOT PURCHACE ANY WARRANTY THROUGH AUL EVER . THEY SCAM PROPLE WITH DECEPTIVE PRACTICE . THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE HAS TO LOOK INTO THIS MESS.

• Br
      12th of Dec, 2010

I bought a 2005 Nissan Frontier from a dealership in the town I live. I also paid $1800 for an AUL warranty (estate) that covered 36 months or 36000 miles (whichever came first). After 3 months of driving the truck the transmission started to fail and would not shift properly. I took the car to a local Nissan dealership whom contacted AUL to get approval of repairs. After further inspection they determined that the problem was a result of poor maintenance and they would not pay. Poor maintenance? I only had the truck for 3 months. I thought this was the reason to buy an extended warranty, because on a used vehicle you never know what your getting. These guys are crooks!!! The guy at the dealership said that it is common that they do this and that they seldom ever pay for repairs.

• Ho
      15th of Dec, 2010

REtired62 has a strange story- buys a car for under 6K to find repairs totalling more than the value- that car should go back to the dealer who is required in all 50 states to deliver a road worthy vehicle at the time of sale. If you bought private wouldnt you have a mechanic check it out beforehand? A dealer is required by law to have the vehicle checked out before selling it. So, we should call the Used car dealer who sold you the junker without even changing the oil for you, then the dealership who charged you $115 (not reimbursed by AUL) to tell you how high of a pile of crap you have, and lastly the shop (a Midas muffler) who is actually going to do the repairs, none of which appear to be exhust related. I am curious as to how long it took an 'inspector' to check out the claim, the total amount not covered by the warranty, the total and type of parts used (OEM or aftermarket) and the amount they actually paid to Midas for the repairs. There is a time issue and bouncing the car around before it can be repaired issue that concerns me also. I am being offered this policy and it isnt looking good for AUL

• Sn
      17th of Feb, 2015

I currently am having problems too was told that I cannot change my own oil and that the oil is too old to use after 6 months after I bough it !!! Ima talk to a lawyer today and if we get enough complaints maybe we can make this a class action against AUL!!!

29th of Jun, 2009

I have had great experiences with AUL in paying claims! The inspectors that they sent out are not employed by AUL, but are free lance, third parties who are the eyes and ears for many warranty companies. They are all certified and nuetral from what I have seen. My question to you people is if your vehicle broke down after just eight days, why are you not screaming at the dealer to stand behind his product? Most reputable dealers have a 30 day or 1, 000 mile guarantee. AUL pays 100% of National MSRP based on Chiltons or Motors type of established repair manuals. If the BMW dealership is trying to screw you for the extra money above and beyond what is national standard, then maybe you should look at the mechanic shop with a few questions about overcharging it's customers. Just because you have money to burn do you really want to give it to a dealer who is trying to take advantage of you as well as warranty companies? Did you ask to get your local AUL Agent involved? They are there to help.

• Pe
      21st of Apr, 2010

Where was the selling dealer in all these horror stories? Why would you expect a warranty company to pay for something, anything, 8 days after you bought it??? Suppose you didnt buy the warrranty and 8 days later the car broke? Would you expect the dealer to take care of it? I would. Even 20 days out is rediculous the fact that AUL offered to pay anything at all means they are better than most

21st of Jun, 2010

HURRAY People are getting to know AUL. This is administrative robbery by AUL.

• Ve
      22nd of Jul, 2010

im just curious as to how many of you actualy read the contract before you purchased it? it sounds to me like most of these problems were preexisting to the sale of the vehicle. why would you expect AUL to pay for those? I have had nothing but great service from AUL, and part of that is because i took the time to read the contract and understood what it does and does not cover. I do feel sorry for the people who have had problems but i think that it boils down to them not understanding the terms and conditions of the contract. I assure you that you can purchase AUL with confidence they are an A rated company with the BBB

3rd of Feb, 2011

I also purchased a plan from AUL about 2 years ago, however i was explained to about the different levels of coverage and how the Estate plan was cheaper but not as comprehensive as the Reserve, i also read the service contract IN FULL and have also read the majority of the complaints listed here and most of them clearly state that the component is NOT covered in the Estate plan so i don’t think that a lot of these complaints are founded. In addition i have noticed that a lot of the complaints are from people that made a claim 2 WEEKS after they purchased the contract, so i am just supposed to believe that a company is supposed to cover a car with pre-existing conditions on it and lose money... come on people they are a business you can’t just buy a plan to cover the 5 grand in repairs you need done to your car. So i would suggest reading the contract before you buy ANYTHING!!! Also don’t buy something because it is cheaper and still expect the same coverage. Just in case you doubt the fact that it wasn’t clearly stated that it was NOT covered here’s a link to the full service contract i pulled from their website you can cross reference the complaints and literally find the items in the not covered section. http://www.factorywarrantydirect.com/documents/aul/vehicle_service_contract.pdf

16th of Feb, 2011

why is that AUL's responsibulity you baught it 8 days ago isint that the selling dealers fault for selling you a LEMON!!! get real lady!!