Audible.com / they suck!

1 Renton, WA, United States Review updated:

My son cancelled his account and they still charged him the following month... Incurring $40.00 in overdraft fees (he's 16 with very little in the bank). When I went to cancel the account today, I found that I couldn't do it over the internet - had to contact them by phone. We are going to have to close his account so they will stop drawing money out. They suck!!

• Sylvia Stuhlpfarrer's Response, Nov 28, 2017

Audible
    Audible Contacts & Information
    Posted: Nov 28, 2017 by Sylvia Stuhlpfarrer
    unauthorized credit card charge
    Complaint Rating: 0 % with 0 votes
    Graz-Austria, Austria
    I have again been charged in november 2017 for audible.com subscription without having a membership.
    Please verify and refund me the money that has been withdrawn from my credit card account in an unauthorized manner.
    Sylvia Stuhlpfarrer

they suck!
Va

Comments

13th of Feb, 2009

Audible did the same to me. The only difference was after I cancelled, they put a refund in my account only to charge it again. Fortunately I closed the account and now all I get from them is belly aching on how they are unable to process my account. They give you a cancellation authorization that means squat. I highly recommend using other services.

10th of Mar, 2010

They did the same to me, too! It's so hard to cancel my account, I did it twice and they still charged me in the next month.

• 1u
      12th of Aug, 2010

I ordered my first audiobook from Audible and it would not rip to CD. After contacting and following their directions it still didn't work. Here is the reply I received from Audible:

I am sorry that the burn did not complete, however, there is nothing more
    I am able to do to get the CD burn to work properly.
    Sincerely,
    Stephen L
    Audible Customer Support

• Sx
      30th of Jan, 2011

Audible.com IS A SCAM!!! It read FREE Stormrage download, but this site connected itself to my amazon credit card information and changed my free trial to a gold premium membership and charged my credit card, and then would not allow me to delete the account when I discovered the fraudulent charges on my bank statement. BEWARE PEOPLE!!!

• Tu
      26th of Feb, 2011

They did the same to me as they did to sxybeepsgt. It is impossible to cancel the membership by any means unfortunately. I downloaded a free application, but they directly connected to my amazon credit card information and changed my free trail to a membership and charged and are still charging to my credit card. Someone must stop this fraudulent act!

• Mi
      22nd of Oct, 2011

Audible.com is a blatantly criminal company.
    For whatever reason, I bought a book and they billed me twice for the same book.
    Called customer service, and they were literally illiterate. I asked them what country they were in, and they said the Caribbean.
    There was absolutely no way to get them to refund the money to my account. There is no question this company will steal your money. They belong in jail, but who's going to go chase them in the Caribbean?
    They'll be gone sooner than later. Too bad, since the concept is great.

• Wt
      27th of Jun, 2012

On May 29, 2012 AUDIBLE.COM charged my debit card for $7.49, the funny thing is I don't have an account at AUDIBLE.COM so I called my bank and told them about the fraudulent transaction. My bank returned my money, cancelled my debit card and they sent me a new card, but then On June 26, 2012 AUDIBLE.COM charged me again for $7.49 and I said to myself WT[censored] so this time I called AUDIBLE.COM and told them that I do not have an account on them and the representative asked me for my email address, but i just told him that I don't have an account on them, so then he asked for my debit card number and I told him that I don't remember my debit card number because I already destroyed it because I got a new one. Then he asked for my new debit card number, so out of curiosity I gave him my debit card number and he put me on hold to check the account on that debit card. Few minutes later he's back and said that he found the account... WT[censored] He also said the name on the account and guess what.. it's my name WT[censored] I told him I don't have an account on them and he gladly refunded my money and closed "my account" The question is how did they managed to get my new debit card number? AUDIBLE.COM MUST DIE

14th of Aug, 2018
    Audible - Unauthorised used of credit card

Unauthorised used of credt card. Please note that for the past two months a fee of $ 14.95 has been charged on my credt card. I have no knowledge of this transaction and i would like to get a refund as well as to cancel any upcoming fees / membership fees.

• Dn
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Audible - unauthorized deduction by Debit card
    India

5th July2018

Audible POS Debit/ ref no-818634973864/ HDFC Bank

Rs. 1028.20/- has been debited from my account by Debit Card.

Refund of debited amount.

• Ni
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Audible - Audible books
    Conroe
    Texas

I have never even downloaded this on my phone there is a charge in my bank I want my money back!! My number is 832 6420999

16th of Aug, 2018
    Audible - unauthorized credit card charges, this is a scam

What is going on HERE! if everyone is being charge without their consent including
    myself, and I've closed out three credit cards, with three different account numbers. On this fourth one they just charge me again. I told Visa its someone at their company. And she got upset with me, and said call Audible Books, " No, Call The Police." :{

• Ba
    Audible - Service

I am being billed. Do not use !!! Please credit my account & Cease & desist immediately

• Su
    Audible - unauthorized charges on my visa card 4 months
    Greenwich, Ct
    adbl.co

the company Audible - associated with Amazon has been charging my visa and is unauthorized to do so - for the last 4 month of 2018.
    jan-april - on the 5th of each month -
    monthly charges of $15.10 that I never authorized to my credit card visa.
    susan yonce
    greenwich ct
    2036617309

• Su
    Audible - audible
    Napa
    California

Getting my debit card info. without my permission and putting monthly fees on my bank statement.

2nd time I've had to cancel my debit card to avoid fraudulent activity.

• Eb
    Audible - idk. I don't even know what this is
    Kendallville
    Indiana

4/4 $16.00
    3/19 $20.96

Were charged to my account. I have no idea what this company is. I'd like my money back please as I did not authorize this. I don't even know what to enter in these blanks. Lol. Thank u

• El
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Audible - audible adbl.co/bill nj unautorized credit cardcharges

My Amazon credit card has been charged US$ 14.95 every month since 01/26/17 t'ill know.
    I request a refund for the amount charged.
    regards,
    elizete masullo

Audible - unauthorized
    Syracuse
    Utah

My debit card was charged without my permission and I don't use any audible apps
    I downloaded one but never added a book. I don't understand why you guys charge people without permission I've seen complaints and now I kno I'm not the only I need this resolved and refunded my money

Audible - asbo.co/bill,Nj4576147267
    Haworth
    New Jersey

I do not read any books on Amazon . So why am I being charged for it? I would very very much love to have my money back on my card as to what i was charged for that i don't use. Please let me have refund.? I know for sure i didn't read any books today, in the past, or even in near future online.! Allow me to have my money back a.s.a.p??????

• Kn
    Audible - $14.95 charge last 3 months
    New Jersey

Just noticed I have been charged for the last three months for something I didn't authorize! See this is a common occurrence! I can't believe this is happening and don't know how to resolve this matter; there is no phone number given.

• Eb
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Audible Adbl.CO/Bill NJ - 03/27/2018 dbt crd 20:36 03/26/18 0583314 audible adbl.co/bill nj card # 5372 -15.77
    New Jersey

I had looked at this on line next thin I know they are taking money out of my account never signed up or ordered it would like my money refunded not impressed at all