Audible.com / they suck!

1 Renton, WA, United States Review updated:

My son cancelled his account and they still charged him the following month... Incurring $40.00 in overdraft fees (he's 16 with very little in the bank). When I went to cancel the account today, I found that I couldn't do it over the internet - had to contact them by phone. We are going to have to close his account so they will stop drawing money out. They suck!!

Va

Comments

13th of Feb, 2009

Audible did the same to me. The only difference was after I cancelled, they put a refund in my account only to charge it again. Fortunately I closed the account and now all I get from them is belly aching on how they are unable to process my account. They give you a cancellation authorization that means squat. I highly recommend using other services.

10th of Mar, 2010

They did the same to me, too! It's so hard to cancel my account, I did it twice and they still charged me in the next month.

• 1u
      12th of Aug, 2010

I ordered my first audiobook from Audible and it would not rip to CD. After contacting and following their directions it still didn't work. Here is the reply I received from Audible:

I am sorry that the burn did not complete, however, there is nothing more
    I am able to do to get the CD burn to work properly.
    Sincerely,
    Stephen L
    Audible Customer Support

• Sx
      30th of Jan, 2011

Audible.com IS A SCAM!!! It read FREE Stormrage download, but this site connected itself to my amazon credit card information and changed my free trial to a gold premium membership and charged my credit card, and then would not allow me to delete the account when I discovered the fraudulent charges on my bank statement. BEWARE PEOPLE!!!

• Tu
      26th of Feb, 2011

They did the same to me as they did to sxybeepsgt. It is impossible to cancel the membership by any means unfortunately. I downloaded a free application, but they directly connected to my amazon credit card information and changed my free trail to a membership and charged and are still charging to my credit card. Someone must stop this fraudulent act!

• Mi
      22nd of Oct, 2011

Audible.com is a blatantly criminal company.
    For whatever reason, I bought a book and they billed me twice for the same book.
    Called customer service, and they were literally illiterate. I asked them what country they were in, and they said the Caribbean.
    There was absolutely no way to get them to refund the money to my account. There is no question this company will steal your money. They belong in jail, but who's going to go chase them in the Caribbean?
    They'll be gone sooner than later. Too bad, since the concept is great.

• Wt
      27th of Jun, 2012

On May 29, 2012 AUDIBLE.COM charged my debit card for $7.49, the funny thing is I don't have an account at AUDIBLE.COM so I called my bank and told them about the fraudulent transaction. My bank returned my money, cancelled my debit card and they sent me a new card, but then On June 26, 2012 AUDIBLE.COM charged me again for $7.49 and I said to myself WT[censored] so this time I called AUDIBLE.COM and told them that I do not have an account on them and the representative asked me for my email address, but i just told him that I don't have an account on them, so then he asked for my debit card number and I told him that I don't remember my debit card number because I already destroyed it because I got a new one. Then he asked for my new debit card number, so out of curiosity I gave him my debit card number and he put me on hold to check the account on that debit card. Few minutes later he's back and said that he found the account... WT[censored] He also said the name on the account and guess what.. it's my name WT[censored] I told him I don't have an account on them and he gladly refunded my money and closed "my account" The question is how did they managed to get my new debit card number? AUDIBLE.COM MUST DIE