Asurion / worthless warranty
The warranty on replacement phones is worthless! In December 2008, I received a cell phone after filing a claim for a lost phone. Immediately the phone began to have freezing issues. On February 1, 2009 the phone would not unfreeze so we visited MetroPCS for repair. MetroPCS explained that the phone was under warranty since it was a replacement phone from the insurance carrier - Asurion. I spoke with Asurion who sent me a UPS label to return the phone. I returned the phone and NEVER received another one. After multiple calls and lengthy discussions, I was told today (March 25, 2009) that they would not be able to replace it. Asurion reported that the phone was damaged when received. I requested that the phone be returned since I paid the $85 deductible. I was then transferred to "The Office of the CEO". There I found a general voice mail box set up for customers to leave messages. I paid $299 for the original phone, $85 for the replacement phone, $120 for 4 months of service, and $30 for the insurance totalling $533. I DON'T EVEN HAVE THE BROKEN PHONE TO SHOW FOR IT ALL!!!
Is anyone willing to send emails to local news stations to give Asurion some additional marketing opportunities?
More Asurion Complaints & Reviews
- Asurion - poor service! 
- Asurion / T-Mobile - phone insurance replacement 
- Asurion Wireless Insurance - failure to provide refund/fraudulent business practice 
- Asurion Insurance - scam and cheating 
- Asurion - they said that I never returned the damaged phone 
- Asurion - rude service
- Asurion - iphone 6, google pixel
- Asurion - horrible service and been given the runaround
- Asurion - repair of a phone 
- Asurion - customer service