Asset Acceptance / Scam and lies

1 Plant City, FL, United States
Phone: 877-277-3850

I was contacted by an agent of Asset Acceptance based in Fl. I returned her call and spoke to another agent, didn't write her name down. Very friendly, acted like I had a bill to pay and wanted to make arrangements. She told me I had a gym membership that was sent to collections. couldn't name it, just kept throwing out names, like a dip I responded with I haven't belonged to a gym in over 10 years and sure enough, it was 19 years ago.

I was a member of Bally's. I mentioned that I closed those account in good standing and even if there was a collection notice the statute of limitations negated it. She told me 'that only applies to credit cards'. I called her out and told her it applies to this as well. That I closed all my gym memberships in good standing and if she was able to find a debt it was a friggin miracle, at which point she hung up on me.

I am sure this is going to become a legal problem and I wondered what should I do next? I have already filed complaints with every org. I could find and ordered credit reports.

Va