Asset Acceptance / Scam and lies
I was contacted by an agent of Asset Acceptance based in Fl. I returned her call and spoke to another agent, didn't write her name down. Very friendly, acted like I had a bill to pay and wanted to make arrangements. She told me I had a gym membership that was sent to collections. couldn't name it, just kept throwing out names, like a dip I responded with I haven't belonged to a gym in over 10 years and sure enough, it was 19 years ago.
I was a member of Bally's. I mentioned that I closed those account in good standing and even if there was a collection notice the statute of limitations negated it. She told me 'that only applies to credit cards'. I called her out and told her it applies to this as well. That I closed all my gym memberships in good standing and if she was able to find a debt it was a friggin miracle, at which point she hung up on me.
I am sure this is going to become a legal problem and I wondered what should I do next? I have already filed complaints with every org. I could find and ordered credit reports.
More Asset Acceptance Complaints & Reviews
- Asset Acceptance - AALLC is a debit scam! 
- Asset Acceptance - I don't know how anyone in America couldn't trust their validity 
- Asset Acceptance - Fraud and scam 
- Asset Acceptance - Abstract of Judgement against me 
- Asset Acceptance - How Can I Get Them To Stop Calling? 
- Asset Acceptance - not my account 
- Asset Acceptance - unwarranted charges on credit card i dont even have 
- Asset Acceptance - Fraudulent debt settlement letter
- Asset Acceptance - Trying to Ruin My Credit
- Asset Acceptance - No contact information for origial creditor